06-06-2017 04:04 PM
66 123
tools
    Funny I've had the note 4 since launch and I've tried fleksy and Google key board. For me the best one is honestly the stock one. I do have typing issues though as well. Annoying but I deal with it. Sometimes it types stupid things that make absolutely no sense when I got most of the word right. Like for some reason I'll type get and it'll correct it to grt and then I'll have to remove it from the dictionary. Unless I told the iPhone to Erie grt it wouldn't. I wish there was a way to press the little x on a predicted word like on the iPhone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Fleksy has the swipe up to change the word it corrected 😊
    01-30-2015 02:52 PM
    Been using TouchPal. Better than swype and has handy/quick options such as swiping up from top row to get #s, and prediction is pretty solid...
    01-30-2015 03:48 PM
    Agreed. Talk to text is awesome and saves so much time.
    01-31-2015 12:40 AM
    Try SwiftKey from play store.
    That is one of the first things I installed. You can not go wrong with this. It's much better at correcting words then the stock keyboard.
    01-31-2015 12:43 AM
    That is one of the first things I installed. You can not go wrong with this. It's much better at correcting words then the stock keyboard.
    I like SwiftKey but you lose the option for using the S Pen for writing input.
    01-31-2015 04:57 AM
    I like SwiftKey but you lose the option for using the S Pen for writing input.
    I didn't realize that since I've only had it for a few days. Is the only option the stock keyboard then?
    01-31-2015 07:04 AM
    I didn't realize that since I've only had it for a few days. Is the only option the stock keyboard then?
    If you want to use the S Pen for text input, yes.
    01-31-2015 07:09 AM
    I write with the spen using SwiftKey
    01-31-2015 07:22 AM
    I think so much if this is what you are used to. I went from blackberry to ios to android. The ios keyboard is by far the most frustrating for me even to this day.

For the note 4, I am still using the stock, but I have used Google's, swype, and swift key extensively. Swift key has been my favorite for a while, and I will probably put it on my note soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    01-31-2015 08:06 AM
    If you want to use the S Pen for text input, yes.
    As far as handwriting to text input goes there's two ways to do it when stock keyboard is used but you lose one method when you change the default keyboard (the one where you're writing on a line that scrolls).

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    01-31-2015 11:25 AM
    As far as handwriting to text input goes there's two ways to do it when stock keyboard is used but you lose one method when you change the default keyboard (the one where you're writing on a line that scrolls).

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    That's the method I meant... writing on the line that scrolls. How else is it done?
    01-31-2015 01:17 PM
    so i have sold my note 4 today.... and thinking to buy an iphone 6 plus.... what you guys think?
    any other recommendation for a similar sized note 4/ iphone 6 plus phones.............??
    02-09-2015 05:13 PM
    so i have sold my note 4 today.... and thinking to buy an iphone 6 plus.... what you guys think?
    any other recommendation for a similar sized note 4/ iphone 6 plus phones.............??
    Well, if that works best for you. While I like my iPhone 6+ a lot I absolutely love my Note 4. It is almost perfect to me. The 6+ hardware is fine but iOS has less to offer me than android. If, however, you really want the sliq simplicity of iOS then you might love the 6+.

from the cutting Note Edge 🔪📱
    02-09-2015 06:18 PM
    what are you missing with iOS for example...?
    02-09-2015 06:29 PM
    what are you missing with iOS for example...?
    The ability to change fonts, change icon packs and layout, use a file manager to name a few. That's just android in general, not Samsung's niceties like replaceable batteries, SD cards, and the almighty S Pen.

from the 🔪 Edge📱
    02-09-2015 07:49 PM
    The only other phone in that range to me that is on the same level as the note and iPhone is the nexus 6, though the camea, screen, and battery life aren't as nice, it does have dual front facing speakers and pure android on nice hardware. If you weren't utilizing multi window or the spen and prefer android, this could be the way to go, though I think I would go the iPhone route for the better optimized apps, better hardware, camera, screen, and battery life.
    02-09-2015 08:17 PM
    The NeXuS 6 is a beast. Nice phone indeed.

from the 🔪 Edge📱
    02-10-2015 02:11 AM
    I agree that it's muscle memory. I currently use a Galaxy 5 for work and the Note 4 for personal. Also an iPhone 6 and a Lumia 1520. It takes me a little while of very frustrating typing when I switch from one to the other but then I adjust.
    Just muscle memory. Although I see you sold your phone. Best of luck with the next one.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    02-10-2015 04:06 AM
    I've tried several different keyboards but still come back to feeling that the iPhone keyboard is the best to me. I like the Google keyboard in Android but how in the heck do you get to emojis...or is that something Google doesn't want you to easily get to for some dark reason?

EDIT: just discovered the SwiftKey Minimal Material Light theme. Goodbye Google keyboard.

from the 🔪 Edge📱
    02-10-2015 04:16 AM
    i'm not sure what to buy now.... i like iOS but the iphone is just too expensive for what it gives.....( i like a good camera for the least.. )
    so i'm thinking again of reburying the note 4.. maybe GOLD color this time.... or anyone can recomand other phones in this category? maybe huowai ?
    02-10-2015 04:17 AM
    i'm not sure what to buy now.... i like iOS but the iphone is just too expensive for what it gives.....( i like a good camera for the least.. )
    so i'm thinking again of reburying the note 4.. maybe GOLD color this time.... or anyone can recomand other phones in this category? maybe huowai ?
    ...but the iPhone 6+ costs less than the Note 4 doesn't it? It's challenging to pick a phone for you because there are so many really good choices. If you feel that the iPhone is not enough bang-for-the-buck then the Note 4/Edge is at the top of the Android heap. The S6 is about to arrive and you may wish you'd waited for it. The G Flex 2 is about to drop too and that's gonna be nastily skin as well.

from the 🔪 Edge📱
    02-10-2015 04:29 AM
    who about the huawei ascend mate 7...........??
    02-10-2015 04:41 AM
    it is incredible who many times i need to retype words with the Galaxy !!! seriously
    i switch from iphone to galaxy like 3 month ago, couldn't be happier. but I've put up with this keyboard problems. i've never!! had so much typing mistakes with the galaxy like i never had with the iPhone!! and i tried to install bunch of different keyboard to give them a try but all the same! how can you explain that??!
    i'm really thinking to switch back to iPhone just because of this bugy thing that i can't keep having no more....
    i must say i tried to play with LG android phone (5.5 inch) and looks like there keyboard is quit fine... but never been able to install it to the note 4.....

what should i do?! is it just me or you'r having these issues too?
    any other android phone you recommend before going back to iPhone?!

thanks for the help!!
    To me, Swype is the only way to go. I use the spen alot as well.

May The note 4's be with you
    02-10-2015 05:25 AM
    who about the huawei ascend mate 7...........??
    While it may be a nice piece of hardware I always want a more mainstream device. One for which there is a competitively decent accessory ecosystem. A phone from a company that has a very easily accessible and fast support infrastructure. For me, I would want to be able to take a phone into a carrier store and have it serviced or replaced.

Does Huawei offer this in the US? Do any US carrier offer Huawei devices? If I need the phone serviced are there stateside Huawei service centers?

from the 🔪 Edge📱
    02-10-2015 05:34 AM
    i live in Italy.... don't know if they have a service here.. but samsung have and i know it is not as good as apple service...
    02-10-2015 05:47 AM
66 123