06-06-2017 05:04 PM
66 123
tools
    i live in Italy.... don't know if they have a service here.. but samsung have and i know it is not as good as apple service...
    I wasn't trying to sound US-centric, that's just where I crawl from. Apple seems to see the value in providing excellent customer service no matter where you live. They do, however, have more resources than most. I did have to send a Note 3 into Samsung for service last year and was quite satisfied with the quality and speed of the repair.

from the 🔪 Edge📱
    02-10-2015 06:55 AM
    i'm thinking of rebuying the note 4 but this time Gold color.... anyone have the gold? what you think compare the white ?
    02-10-2015 12:52 PM
    i'm thinking of rebuying the note 4 but this time Gold color.... anyone have the gold? what you think compare the white ?
    If you are in the US, I don't think it's been released here yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed that you said you live in Italy...sorry. 😢

Posted via the Android Central App on my bodaciously awesome Note 4!
    02-10-2015 01:58 PM
    I've tried several different keyboards but still come back to feeling that the iPhone keyboard is the best to me. I like the Google keyboard in Android but how in the heck do you get to emojis...or is that something Google doesn't want you to easily get to for some dark reason?

EDIT: just discovered the SwiftKey Minimal Material Light theme. Goodbye Google keyboard.

from the ������ Edge������
    Holding the enter/search key lets you access emoji in GK.
    02-12-2015 07:31 PM
    Why would you rebuy the phone if you couldn't type on it?
    02-13-2015 12:24 PM
    I have found that the auto-correct feature is far more sensitive on my Note than it ever was on my iPhone. I have more autocorrect fails now than I ever did before. It's terrible. I've sent out some darn near incoherent texts.
    02-13-2015 02:55 PM
    I remember when I had my Note 4 that it would capitalize the first letter of words randomly. I could never figure out why this was happening. I will also add that the keyboard on my iPhone 6 Plus is incredible. I generally never have any issues typing on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-14-2015 06:47 AM
    As stated before, I'd try swift key or Google keyboard. They're excellent keyboards, I wish I could get it on iOS. I have a lot of trouble typing on my note 4 also, I find it easier on the 6+

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 
    shaleem likes this.
    02-14-2015 07:17 AM
    As stated before, I'd try swift key or Google keyboard. They're excellent keyboards, I wish I could get it on iOS. I have a lot of trouble typing on my note 4 also, I find it easier on the 6+

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 
    It is easier on the 6+. I have to admit that. As much as I love most everything about non-stock Android I do love the keyboard on the 6+.

• 🍎 iPhablet 6+ 🐛 •
    02-14-2015 07:27 AM
    I remember when I had my Note 4 that it would capitalize the first letter of words randomly. I could never figure out why this was happening. I will also add that the keyboard on my iPhone 6 Plus is incredible. I generally never have any issues typing on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Funny. I just had that happen to me Thursday. Hasn't happened since, but I was ready to throw it through the wall.
    02-14-2015 10:47 AM
    For me, my stock Note 4 keyboard is not so good. I make way too many mistakes on it. My work iPhone 5, not so much. My Lumia 1520 backup phone, not so much.
    02-16-2015 09:40 AM
    For me, Swiftkey is the way to go. I have no problems with it at all. It doesn't take long to get used to it, and once you do, you can really fly.
    02-16-2015 10:25 AM
    I use the iPhone keyboard the best and SwiftKey probably is second best to iPhone. Maybe I'm setting it up wrong but I'm better with the iPhone stock keyboard. I'm inching to try out a 6 plus and compare the two with typing tests. I've always had issues on android, I think k the iPhone just has better spacing which makes typing more accurate.
    02-16-2015 11:01 AM
    I use the iPhone keyboard the best and SwiftKey probably is second best to iPhone. Maybe I'm setting it up wrong but I'm better with the iPhone stock keyboard. I'm inching to try out a 6 plus and compare the two with typing tests. I've always had issues on android, I think k the iPhone just has better spacing which makes typing more accurate.
    Hmm, for me it was the opposite. The keys are too close together to type comfortably, and the auto correct is pretty bad. Have you tried out Fleksy?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimLP 5.0.2
    02-17-2015 10:58 PM
    Nobody has really addressed the issue brought to light here. Apple has a better keyboard algorithm that is able to not make as many mistakes when your finger hits more than one key at a time. It does not matter which Android keyboard you download, they do not have the same caliber algorithm and hence forth they are inferior to Apple. As a life long Android user I wish Google would just license the superior touch sense technology algorithm from Apple because Apple nailed it. You can download whatever keyboard you want for Android but my daughter's iPhone has better keyboard mishap correction than my Android and it does not matter which keyboard app I install.
    So there is no real solution to this post. Apple has a better algorithm and Google won't license it. Eventually they may figure it out but I bet there is a patent or copyright protecting Apple's keyboard algorithm.
    06-02-2017 05:57 PM
    Nobody has really addressed the issue brought to light here. Apple has a better keyboard algorithm that is able to not make as many mistakes when your finger hits more than one key at a time. It does not matter which Android keyboard you download, they do not have the same caliber algorithm and hence forth they are inferior to Apple. As a life long Android user I wish Google would just license the superior touch sense technology algorithm from Apple because Apple nailed it. You can download whatever keyboard you want for Android but my daughter's iPhone has better keyboard mishap correction than my Android and it does not matter which keyboard app I install.
    So there is no real solution to this post. Apple has a better algorithm and Google won't license it. Eventually they may figure it out but I bet there is a patent or copyright protecting Apple's keyboard algorithm.
    Unfortunately, the issue brought to light is probably not directly addressable, so the advice to "make the best of what we've got" is still useful to many even if it doesn't directly give a way to move the Apple keyboard experience to Android.

Apple is notorious for NOT licensing (or opening to other platforms at any price) anything they have a patent on that they feel gives them a competitive advantage, so their patent technology will remain theirs and theirs alone.

While nothing can match the Apple keyboard, I feel it's a fair answer to respond with keyboards that work well for individuals and encourage people to try out different ones. There are huge differences between keyboards in terms of their autocorrect capabilities and how aggressively they autocorrect.

GoogleBoard actually works better for me (subjectively, but isn't that what all "works better for me" comes down to in the end?) than my daughter's iPhone. Samsung's default keyboard, however, runs a really distant second to the iPhone for sure. The iPhone has one sweet, sweet keyboard.

It's free to try out a half dozen keyboards and a whole lot cheaper than a new phone and all new apps.
    06-06-2017 05:04 PM
66 123