Note 4 - OS Update - Canada

jeffiekins

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Do a factory reset. I usually do this once a month, in turn it has my phone running perfectly.

A monthly reset really!!
I do it every 6 mths, but I am going to try to stick it out till lollipop comes and see if need be I'll do a full reset

Posted via the Android Central App

Skier1960

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
They don't.... The HTC M8 (Bell) started rolling out Lollipop yesterday! The update you are talking about came out in June and the Note 4 came out at the very end of October.. So your theory of getting it for Christmas doesn't make sense... The Canadian Carriers generally don't have bloat except for 1 or 2 apps to access your acount, I have one acount with Rogers and one with Bell.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
A monthly reset really!!
I do it every 6 mths, but I am going to try to stick it out till lollipop comes and see if need be I'll do a full reset

Yea it really depends on how you use your phone. I guess I'm what they consider a power user. Multiple accounts on my phone between personal and business. The system takes a beating.

SamSamsung11

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I checked for updates and downloaded this update too. Hopefully it doesn't screw up the phone.

Edit: Are there any visible changes from this update in terms of options or the look? Thanks.

Second Edit: After the update I don't see any visible changes except that the text messaging font is definitely a bit different now.

Last edited:

Tabish Syed

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I checked for updates and downloaded this update too. Hopefully it doesn't screw up the phone.

Edit: Are there any visible changes from this update in terms of options or the look? Thanks.

Second Edit: After the update I don't see any visible changes except that the text messaging font is definitely a bit different now.

This firmware update fixes issues with the Samsung LED flip wallet case for Note 4.

Fixed issues:

- LED cover only displays 24h time
- LED cover not showing notification animation (spinning dots)

Aside from these fixes, I notice nothing different.

I highly reccomend the LED flip wallet case BTW.

SamSamsung11

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
This firmware update fixes issues with the Samsung LED flip wallet case for Note 4.

Fixed issues:

- LED cover only displays 24h time
- LED cover not showing notification animation (spinning dots)

Aside from these fixes, I notice nothing different.

I highly reccomend the LED flip wallet case BTW.

True....but the font for the stock text messaging app has always changed as well. I was looking at some old screenshots of my convos and now the text is darker and thicker.

note-4

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Monthly factory reset is way too soon for all of us - If you are a power user and have so much on the phone, doesn't it bother you to backup/restore that often? If you said 4 times a year - ok ... but this is 12/yr - I just could not

I can wait longer for lolipop, I would even skip 5.0.1, 5.0.2 if i knew 5.0.3 would be problem free. I heard few people say after an upgrade they had battery issues, chrome restarts and other things. This was not on note 4 however

jdmfraser

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Just got my up-date this morning on Rogers, in Toronto. 150mb like the rest. I too was disappointed to see it is still 4.4.4, but on the other hand, better to work out any issues with 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 etc. before loading it up on a device which for the most part does not have any significant issues now. I noticed that the date of at least one component was January 2015, so it is not entirely the old 4.4.4.
I have also heard that there are battery issues with 5.2
Like any reload of the os it should run smoother at first with everything loaded in memory in precisely the way it should.
It may mean that it will be a while before Lollipop is certified and adopted by Samsung for the Note 4 or else why bother with this relatively minor tweak of 4.4.4?

muthah

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Wanna know why Samsung is losing ground? Moronic decisions. First off, take the SD and removable battery out of the flagship. 2 of the most polarizing features in their phones. Second, hold up a software update for a Crappy overpriced toy that nobody is going to buy and make millions wait in the meantime. That mode of decision making will make quick work of them.

miss_vickies

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
so there is no approx. time when the lollipop will be rolled out on bell network? kinda annoying that canada is always the last to get the update it seems...