I have a Sprint note 4 and I switched it to the Art runtime but Everytime I reboot my phone it gives me "the upgrading android optimizing" message. Does the note 4 not play nicely with art? I have no problem going back to dalvik but I'm just wondering.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    01-31-2015 07:01 AM
    It'll happen the first 10-15 times you reboot your phone. Remember, you're using an experimental version of Art via kit Kat...the updated version doesn't have this problem.

Posted by my Note 4, or Nexus 9...****, maybe by a Note 2014 ed. or hell...maybe it was this Nexus 4 or 5...oh, snap...there's Nexus 7. okay, I need to clean...
    01-31-2015 07:49 AM
    What is the benifit of using the Art set up over the Dalvik set up? Had someone suggest switching to Art to see if it would help my battery issue, but haven't tried it yet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-31-2015 07:30 PM
    What is the benifit of using the Art set up over the Dalvik set up? Had someone suggest switching to Art to see if it would help my battery issue, but haven't tried it yet.

Biggest benefit is in performance, both in app startup time and app performance when running. I have ART on my 2013 Nexus 7 and while I can see the improvement in app startup time (and loading of widgets on tablet power-on) I can't really see the runtime improvement. It does show up in improved benchmark scores (e.g., Quadrant). Not sure that it would help with the battery so much and ART on KitKat is still at an experimental stage and people have reported issues with it on a Note 4 but that can be hit or miss.
    01-31-2015 09:32 PM
    I was going to give it a try, so I switched. It was a horrible experience! Every time I unlocked the screen it immediately updated all apps, which took forever. After that happened three times, rendering the phone unusable while upgrading all my apps, I immediately switched back to Dalvik. I believe ART is "standard" in Lollipop. At least it is on my Nexus 7. So I'll wait for it to hit my N4 and see what happens.

02-01-2015 05:39 AM