02-11-2015 10:08 AM
51 123
tools
    For me, as I use this 6+ it definitely is not as "fun" to use as an android device but I guess most people don't have fun-to-use as a criteria. The 6+ does what it can do very very very well and is so smooth. Apps look great and in this Tech 21 case feels really nice to hold. However, when I pick one of my android phones I feel like I get to "play" even if it's just completely changing the look of the device. Having both android and iOS devices has really made me appreciate the pros and cons of each.

from the VI+ 📱
    02-06-2015 08:26 AM
    Android phone is why far now from iphone. Speed, screen, picture and think you can do is unlimited except for the finger scanner lol.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-06-2015 09:48 PM
    I don't think the iphone will catch up. It will take a complete philosophical change in design approach for Apple to even begin to catch up.

They are in a great spot with regard to installed base but a tough spot with regard to making the changes they would need to make to compete with a Note 4. They would have to virtually abandon their installed base which at this point is in the main made up of:
    - people totally devoted to everything Apple from laptops to devices
    - users that are well mated to the simplicity and smooth operation of the iphone and are also well mated to what is a very limited set of options and application choices
    - users who are in family groups or groups of friends all with iphones that enjoy the messaging experience and for whom that messaging experience is the most important aspect of their smartphones

The problem for Apple is that the first two groups of users are really slightly different versions of the same Market segment and the 3rd group, the messaging group is really a closed circle of users that is not going to get larger over time as a percentage of the total market. It might grow in an absolute sense but it won't grow as a percentage of market.

Nobody should cry for Apple and that is not what I am saying. They are a wonderful company doing very nicely thank you very much. But I do think they are on the wrong end of the device battle. Macbooks and ipads in my opinion will continue to be very popular and are the bull works of the company again in my opinion.

They could help themselves immensely in the device battles by adopting microSD and a replaceable battery. MicroSD would help them the most. However they have grown so used to scaring people into buying the most storage that I just think there will be too many proponents of that approach within the company for those that might want to move the company away from that to win what will be an internal battle for the future direction of their device business. Certainly a win here for the MicroSD proponents within Apple would signal at least a willingness on Apple's part to join the fray with Samsung and the other Android based suppliers.
    Mirhako likes this.
    02-07-2015 04:29 AM
    I love my Note 4 very much... The only thing I don't like so far is its web browsing experience. Android is way inferior compared with iOS in terms of web browsing. I hope Samsung can improve this issue very soon. This is just a matter of software development. It's hardware is powerful enough already. It's just program efficiency I guess is the problem.
    02-08-2015 10:35 PM
    I love my Note 4 very much... The only thing I don't like so far is its web browsing experience. Android is way inferior compared with iOS in terms of web browsing. I hope Samsung can improve this issue very soon. This is just a matter of software development. It's hardware is powerful enough already. It's just program efficiency I guess is the problem.
    I assume that you have tried other browsers?
    prodigeek likes this.
    02-08-2015 11:14 PM
    I assume that you have tried other browsers?
    Hi NexusGirlx! Thanks for the clue! yeah, I think it's a browser problem. By the way, how can I make Chrome/Firefox browser to be the default everytime i open any web links? Let say those links posted in Facebook.
    02-09-2015 01:08 AM
    Hi NexusGirlx! Thanks for the clue! yeah, I think it's a browser problem. By the way, how can I make Chrome/Firefox browser to be the default everytime i open any web links? Let say those links posted in Facebook.
    That's easy. Go to settings and scroll down to default applications. Open that and clear whatever browser you have as the default. Next time you open a link it will ask you what app you want to open the link with. Just make sure you already have that browser installed.
    prodigeek likes this.
    02-09-2015 01:14 AM
    Now that I've had the Note 4 and this 6+ for a few days every time I use the iPhone I find myself wishing for things that are on my Notes 3 and 4. The S Pen and access to all my S Notes is a biggy. It seems like you can just do more with the Notes because, I guess, you can. The iPhone is a nice smart phone but the Note 4 is so much more...a true "Palmtop". If you can only have the one device the Note 4 is the one to have...but variety is good indeed.

• from the 🍎 i6+ •
    02-09-2015 05:27 AM
    I want a note 4 or whatever note phone is approaching year to date. Ive played with both the note and the 6 plus. No comparison the note blows the 6 plus away and to shreds no comparison. I was a die hard iphone guy you couldnt tell me nothing about Iphone I was an iphone jailbreaking geek. Started wth an iphone 4 and kept upgrading through the 5 lines. Smh oh my the time and $ I wasted on apple phones. I got my hands on my first android initially I just wanted a bigger screen. Let me say this now I will never ever purchase another iphone. The android experience has no competition. Theres iphones all over my house my daughter is 8 they all belong to her all of nobody in the house touches them me the wife and my 13 year old all have android. Them I phones are so limited and they have never changed the interface. I have the 1st iphone tht came out. I had the 6 plus in my hand and im like this thing look like tht 1st iphone I have deep in a drawer somewhere. Smh the camera Is great thats it. Apple needs to step they game up.

02-09-2015 06:03 AM
    I'm leaning toward the Note 4 myself.... my upgrade is ready, but I can't decide. Further, my Note 2 isn't all that bad to tell you the truth. Kinda nice to cruise along without jumping into a new contract.

I have the typical worries about the iPhone mentioned above: fixed battery, no SD card, minimal customizing

In addition, I don't like the lack of a real folder / file system. That's just weird.

The need for a special, proprietary charger cable is also a hassle.

And about the battery... something I just noticed: It's not just that the Note has a replaceable battery...and that this battery lasts a long time. In addition, the Note 4 replacement battery (Anker) is REALLY cheap!!!
    For $25, you can get TWO high quality Note 4 batteries AND a battery charger.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4222201

I'm not sure when batteries got so cheap, but my one spare Note 2 battery was $45 if memory serves.

I do use an Apple computer, and I can see the possible advantages of going with the iPhone for better compatibility, but I'm noticing no problems or obstacles working with Android and Apple together.

If Samsung would kindly make their Touchwiz a bit leaner, there would be no reason to even consider the iPhone.
    02-09-2015 06:10 AM
    I'm leaning toward the Note 4 myself.... my upgrade is ready, but I can't decide. Further, my Note 2 isn't all that bad to tell you the truth. Kinda nice to cruise along without jumping into a new contract.

I have the typical worries about the iPhone mentioned above: fixed battery, no SD card, minimal customizing

In addition, I don't like the lack of a real folder / file system. That's just weird.

The need for a special, proprietary charger cable is also a hassle.

And about the battery... something I just noticed: It's not just that the Note has a replaceable battery...and that this battery lasts a long time. In addition, the Note 4 replacement battery (Anker) is REALLY cheap!!!
    For $25, you can get TWO high quality Note 4 batteries AND a battery charger.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4222262

I'm not sure when batteries got so cheap, but my one spare Note 2 battery was $45 if memory serves.

I do use an Apple computer, and I can see the possible advantages of going with the iPhone for better compatibility, but I'm noticing no problems or obstacles working with Android and Apple together.

If Samsung would kindly make their Touchwiz a bit leaner, there would be no reason to even consider the iPhone.
    You mentioned the folders and file system and I just had a thought how did I even manage my phone wth out a folder or file system. I live in tht thing. Smh im amazed at how apple sells so many phones. Then I remember they use to get my $ to.

02-09-2015 06:53 AM
    You mentioned the folders and file system and I just had a thought how did I even manage my phone wth out a folder or file system. I live in tht thing. Smh im amazed at how apple sells so many phones. Then I remember they use to get my $ to.

If the Note 4 and Note Edge are "boring" what would you consider an exciting design?

from the °4°
    02-09-2015 09:27 AM

One of the nicest things I like about my Android phones is that I can simply connect it to my computer and immediately go to the pictures or music folder and drag and drop music in them using File Explorer in Windows. No need for iTunes or any special app to do this.
    02-09-2015 09:50 AM
    One of the nicest things I like about my Android phones is that I can simply connect it to my computer and immediately go to the pictures or music folder and drag and drop music in them using File Explorer in Windows. No need for iTunes or any special app to do this.
    Hi 5! This is actually also one of Android's biggest selling points for me. As someone who regularly backs up my phone contents on to my computer and transfers a ton of videos / music / photos back and forth between my phone and my PC, it's a relief to have a phone that acts like a portable HDD when I plug it into my computer.
    02-09-2015 10:08 AM
    I also have both, and I completely agree on all points made above!
    02-09-2015 10:17 AM
    Now that I've had the Note 4 and this 6+ for a few days every time I use the iPhone I find myself wishing for things that are on my Notes 3 and 4. The S Pen and access to all my S Notes is a biggy. It seems like you can just do more with the Notes because, I guess, you can. The iPhone is a nice smart phone but the Note 4 is so much more...a true "Palmtop". If you can only have the one device the Note 4 is the one to have...but variety is good indeed.

• from the 🍎 i6+ •
    You can sync your snotes to Evernote and use that on your iPhone.
    02-09-2015 03:53 PM
    Ok so most say note 4. What about future devices? Specifically Galaxy S6? I have an upgrade available and am waiting to see what the next gen phones have to offer in the next few months.

I never had a note. Currently have S3. Love sammy but not sure about such a large device. Will S6 be noticeably smaller and of similar quality?
    02-09-2015 04:22 PM
    You can sync your snotes to Evernote and use that on your iPhone.
    I'm gonna try that. Thx.

from the cutting Note Edge 🔪📱
    02-09-2015 06:11 PM
    Hopefully, we'll be fully aware of what the S6 will offer very shortly (hoping for some early, accurate gossip).

I wouldn't mind finding a smaller than Note form factor. The Droid Turbo 64g has my eye, but interested in the S6, too. I fiddle with my phone doing my yard work, so I like the small form factor and, if it's anything like the S5, the water proofing. The Turbo is just about perfect, but the (limited) screen brightness might not compete against the outdoor sun.
    02-09-2015 06:59 PM
    For me it's simple; sealed/embedded battery (iPhone) versus user-replaceable (Note 4) =

Note4 vs iPhone 6plus vs WAIT?-game-over-man-game-over.jpg

Built-in obsolescence is no beano!
    02-09-2015 07:16 PM
    For me it's simple; sealed/embedded battery (iPhone) versus user-replaceable (Note 4) =

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	game-over-man-game-over.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	162732

Built-in obsolescence is no beano!
    True, very true but in all fairness the 6+ does have Epic battery life...even better than the mighty Note 4's. At least, IME.

from the 🔪 Edge📱
    02-09-2015 07:56 PM
    True, very true but in all fairness the 6+ does have Epic battery life...even better than the mighty Note 4's. At least, IME.

from the Edge
    That may be so, but it can't do what I just did; swapped out for a fresh battery to get back to 100% in minutes with no worries of going the rest of the night or even into late tomorrow morning. Worst case that depleted spare will be fully charged and ready well before then. Rinse and repeat.
    jayk82 likes this.
    02-09-2015 08:09 PM
    That may be so, but it can't do what I just did; swapped out for a fresh battery to get back to 100% in minutes with no worries of going the rest of the night or even into late tomorrow morning. Worst case that depleted spare will be fully charged and ready well before then. Rinse and repeat.
    Amen to that. ...amen to that.

from the 🔪 Edge📱
    02-10-2015 02:09 AM
    Ok so most say note 4. What about future devices? Specifically Galaxy S6? I have an upgrade available and am waiting to see what the next gen phones have to offer in the next few months.

I never had a note. Currently have S3. Love sammy but not sure about such a large device. Will S6 be noticeably smaller and of similar quality?
    S6 will not be like the note series. Will not have the s pen. Probably is going to be smaller. If you buy the note 4 now, you will not have a reason to upgrade for a long time. So dont be scared to upgrade, there will always be something newer... i had s3, s4... skipped s5, now on note 4. The screen size is not bad, I got used to it in say 5 days, and now would not want to go back to a smaller device. Right now is winter so I always have a jacket, long pants ... so carrying it around is no biggie. When summer comes it could get less comfortable when Im in shorts... still... the sacrifice is well worth it!!! Such a treat to use/handle this device.

02-10-2015 10:39 PM
    I'm getting my Note 4 today. And for reference's sake, here are my last 4 phones prior to the Note:

Nexus 5
    Nexus 6
    iPhone 6+
    LG G3

I love stock Android and thought the Nexus 6 would be the end all, but it was just too big for me. I couldn't do ANYTHING with one hand on that phone. I guess I'm a carney - small hands, smell like cabbage. Anyway, couldn't go back to the Nexus 5 because I couldn't get that battery to last anywhere near where I wanted it to. So I went to the 6+. That phone has one sick camera and I couldn't kill that battery if I streamed Netflix all day. It was impressive, at least for my use. I was going to bed with anywhere from 30-50% left. And I'm talking off the charger at 6:15am and back on after 10:30pm. The camera was quick and took great pictures - although it still has blurry issues like every smartphone when trying to catch a quick moving 2 year old. But I could not stand using iOS exclusively. I felt trapped. I couldn't even separate the alarm clock sound/vibration from the system sound/vibration. THAT. MAKES. NO. SENSE. I just couldn't do iOS for the long haul. I love to make the phone mine and make it work for me. I felt like I was making that phone work for Tim Cook. So it's up for sale on Swappa and I got the G3 on Next on AT&T. While I like the phone, and am happy to be back on Android, the phone just feels kind of "blah". I got a $100 bill credit for getting this phone, so I called them to see if I could return it for a Note 4 and still keep the credit. They let me, so I went ahead and ordered it. It'll be here today and the G3 is going back. I'm hoping this phone lasts me until the Note 5 or the Nexus 7 (3.0) or whatever the heck the next one will be called. But I don't see why I would want to change as the Note seems to have everything I'm looking for in a phone.
    02-11-2015 08:48 AM
51 123