05-15-2016 07:58 PM
37 12
tools
    So now my screen won't even turn off unless I press the power button . Can be messing with my phone, set it down (as I said with the time out time to 30 seconds and also tried 15, smart stay or awake in developer options off) and itll literally stay on for hours unless I press the power button. Going to try to run a factory reset right now and see what comes of it . Will keep this thread posted, even though I seem to be the only one in the techverse dealing with this issue . Lol 😤
    02-03-2015 07:39 PM
    Alright mission accomplished, seems that a factory reset fixed the issue . Screen is timing out as normal, Thanks for the help Spook !
    02-03-2015 09:47 PM
    Glad it worked! Weird about the emoji bug and the screen one... Hope it doesn't come back, but if it does, don't sweat it, just get the phone replaced. It's not standard behavior, so it's not that every phone will do it.
    02-04-2015 11:09 AM
    Glad it worked! Weird about the emoji bug and the screen one... Hope it doesn't come back, but if it does, don't sweat it, just get the phone replaced. It's not standard behavior, so it's not that every phone will do it.
    Absolutely , although I emailed Samsung support and the rep said they don't do exchanges only repairs . Which is odd I suppose, but for now the problem is gone
    02-04-2015 02:13 PM
    I had the same problem. I think I fixed It by disabling peel smart remotes lock screen bubble. Did you have that app?
    10-18-2015 06:56 AM
    I had the same problem. I think I fixed It by disabling peel smart remotes lock screen bubble. Did you have that app?
    Fixed my problem. Thanks for the help.
    12-09-2015 10:38 PM
    I also had a problem with my Note 4 screen staying on. The problem was fixed when I turned all switches to off in the settings of the remote control app Peel.
    01-09-2016 01:43 PM
    Hello,

I have been having the same issue with my Note 4.
    After troubleshooting, I found out that Peel Smart Remote was causing it.
    It came with my phone, but it updated itself, and the update added a little "peel remote" shortcut onto my locked screen, and it caused the screen to stay on after receiving a notification, or after pressing home button.
    I emailed peel support, and I have uninstalled the application, and my phone's screen doesn't stay lit anymore!
    Arda5444 likes this.
    01-20-2016 11:09 AM
    Definitively, Peel remote keeps screen ON. I had the same problem with my Note 4.
    04-15-2016 01:48 AM
    WOWWWWWW I was wondering why my new extended battery was not fully charged after 8 hours of sleep. This morning I woke up and it had 1% left after being charged all night. I thought it was my alarm that was keeping the screen on and I just turned it off. I just got this note 4 and replaced the stock battery because it died in only a few hours.

Turned off the PEEL remote switches so hopefully that fixes everything. Love the app though and love my extended battery. Cant wait to see how long it lasts now.
    05-03-2016 04:36 PM
    As far as I can tell yes with all of them, I'll wake up in the morning with an instagram like and my phone screen on. Assuming it's been on all night . Or a sms as you said or a twitter notification or even just a Clash of clans' "your troops are ready" notification . Happens whether it's charging or not as well.. which if it was only on the charger it wouldn't be as big of a deal.. but the screen on constantly after a notification while not being attended to is killing my battery somethin serious . Havent really seen anyone with this issue thus far so it's strange
    05-15-2016 07:53 PM
    Turn off LED indicator ...that will not let the screen come on if you get a notification of any kind...go to settings ,click on display ,then uncheck LED INDICATOR
    I have a T-mobile Galaxy note 4 ....should work for the note 5 as well
    05-15-2016 07:58 PM
37 12