Alright folks this is aggravating beyond belief... I send and receive MMS through the stock on sms all fine... 3rd Party apps can't send or receive... Apn settings menu is locked on Verizon phones... Any idea how to solve this??... Thanks in advance

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-02-2015 09:49 PM
    I prefer the stock app because it can be used in a multi-window. But I have also used EvolveSMS without any issues. And I have used Hangouts with no issues either.
    What app are you having an issue with? I am sure there are folks here using just about every app available and can give you more specific help.
    02-02-2015 11:28 PM
    The APN is the same for all apps. Which apps in particular aren't working, and how large are the files you're trying to transfer by MMS?
    02-02-2015 11:28 PM
    I have been switching between the stock app, Textra, and Google Messenger and the last few days I've experienced significant delays on group texts. Did a battery pull but haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

On Galaxy Note 4
    02-03-2015 12:12 AM
    Which 3rd party app are you using ?
    02-03-2015 12:56 PM
    I prefer the stock app because it can be used in a multi-window. But I have also used EvolveSMS without any issues. And I have used Hangouts with no issues either.
    What app are you having an issue with? I am sure there are folks here using just about every app available and can give you more specific help.
    I've used handcent Textra chomp it comes up with an error saying the apn settings are incorrect... Can't even change them on Verizon...i had the phone replaced once...its not the phone or the sim...the stock sms app I can only send pics and receive them.. Other apps give me trouble...

02-03-2015 06:25 PM
    Hello?? Ideas anyone??... I might even switch back to Att...verizon customer service is the worst for starters

02-04-2015 12:03 PM
    Is anyone out there that can help me please??... Heres a screen shot of the error message I'm getting

Attached Thumbnails Verizon MMS problems-screenshot_2015-02-06-16-30-07.jpg  
    02-06-2015 04:33 PM
    02-06-2015 04:47 PM
    I have verizon wireless the apn settings are blocked I can't edit them

02-06-2015 05:21 PM
    Is anyone out there that can help me please??... Heres a screen shot of the error message I'm getting

Did Verizon really put out a product with error messages containing incorrect grammar and sentence structure? It should be "Your APN settings are", and there's a space missing between the comma and the word "please". Did you get this Note 4 from Verizon or somewhere else?
    02-06-2015 07:49 PM
    Did Verizon really put out a product with error messages containing incorrect grammar and sentence structure? It should be "Your APN settings are", and there's a space missing between the comma and the word "please". Did you get this Note 4 from Verizon or somewhere else?
    First of all this isn't a punctuation contest last time i checked... Its a forum... Secondly I bought the device off Amazon...my dad has the same issue...same phone..

02-07-2015 12:22 AM
    First of all this isn't a punctuation contest last time i checked... Its a forum... Secondly I bought the device off Amazon...my dad has the same issue...same phone..

Is it possible the phone is a clone?
    02-07-2015 12:26 AM
    Is it possible the phone is a clone?
    That error with bad grammar is from a 3rd party app (handcent), so the app is probably written in China.

Does the Verizon messages app work? It is the best text app anyway, but it also comes on the phone preinstalled, so if it isn't working, there is a problem.

02-07-2015 08:00 AM
    That error with bad grammar is from a 3rd party app (handcent), so the app is probably written in China.

Does the Verizon messages app work? It is the best text app anyway, but it also comes on the phone preinstalled, so if it isn't working, there is a problem.

Yes that app seems to work fine along with the stock app...this is a Verizon note 4...i bought from Amazon shipped and sold by them...i bought it outright because it was cheaper through them..plus I had gift 🎁 card 💳 credit I used towards the purchase... Its not a clone.. Idk where people get these ideas from...

02-07-2015 09:54 AM
    Did you ever get this resolved? I have a Verizon Note 4 and have the same issue with ALLLLLLLLLLLL messaging apps.. I'm convinced it's a network thing.

10-12-2015 07:00 PM
    Did you try removing then reinserting your Sim card?

Posted from the one and only Note 4
    10-12-2015 07:04 PM
    Samsung Galaxy s6 with verizon. I live in the new jersey. Same issue for the last few months. My house is in what is called marginal overage zone. Last few months mms were hopeless. 4 phone calls to verizon. One new sim card and so many other things later verizon admitted today that their network is not very strong in the whole County ( 15 mins from new York city, not a suburb or farm area) and there is nothing they can do about it. If I wanted to break my contract they would not charge me termination fee. So your network could be an isssue.
    03-17-2016 07:19 PM