Re-naming of saved address in "My Places" doesn't show up in Google maps app

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Once you've saved an address in the Google Maps app you can then go to www.google.com/bookmarks to edit the names and create labels. The Google Map app on my device will not reflect the name change. It won't show the title or name of the address that I edited for that address. It just shows the address as the title. This has always been a problem.

Anybody know whats going on here? Any tricks?

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Once you've saved an address in the Google Maps app you can then go to www.google.com/bookmarks to edit the names and create labels. The Google Map app on my device will not reflect the name change. It won't show the title or name of the address that I edited for that address. It just shows the address as the title. This has always been a problem.

Anybody know whats going on here? Any tricks?

That is odd. How about this: How to Rename Google Maps Bookmarks on iOS & Android

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Saw that. It still lists them as addresses and not the name I gave them. Makes no sense

Last edited:

jgrazianonc

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, mine has never worked on my Galaxy 5. Ridiculous. The only workaround I have is if I know I'm going somewhere ahead of time, I go to the saved place on my desktop, turn off 'save' then turn it on again so it goes to the top of the list on the mobile.