02-16-2015 06:49 PM
55 123
tools
    I read that the Note 4 would get Lollipop around June. That seems fine if that is what it takes to make the experience mostly bug-free.

from the VI+ 📱
    JUNE? Ridiculous.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-06-2015 03:00 PM
    I'm on a new Nexus 6 now. Bought because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and speak from a less ignorant position (always good). Maaaaaan. So far I am not impressed by Lollipop (yet this IS nice hardware). What is all the fuss about? Here's what I've noticed in my first couple of hours.

Nova doesn't seem to work right with my phone and I can't port any of my Nova icon layouts (that took a lot of time to create). So, since I have to start over I'm giving Next Launcher a whirl because I do not care for stock android (don't care for the stock icons or stock font, in particular). The difference in menu look is just different and I can get used to it.

I just don't see why anyone is clamoring to get on Lollipop. Based on what I can see right in front of me I don't see what the big deal is. Kit Kat is, just like I'd thought, just fine...for me anyways. I'm gonna HAVE to root this device just so I can have a different font. I hope WugFresh has something for me.
    02-06-2015 03:26 PM
    I'm on a new Nexus 6 now. Bought because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and speak from a less ignorant position (always good). Maaaaaan. So far I am not impressed by Lollipop (yet this IS nice hardware). What is all the fuss about? Here's what I've noticed in my first couple of hours.

Nova doesn't seem to work right with my phone and I can't port any of my Nova icon layouts (that took a lot of time to create). So, since I have to start over I'm giving Next Launcher a whirl because I do not care for stock android (don't care for the stock icons or stock font, in particular). The difference in menu look is just different and I can get used to it.

I just don't see why anyone is clamoring to get on Lollipop. Based on what I can see right in front of me I don't see what the big deal is. Kit Kat is, just like I'd thought, just fine...for me anyways. I'm gonna HAVE to root this device just so I can have a different font. I hope WugFresh has something for me.
    I don't get why people clamor over updates in general .....if my phone or tablet works it's not s big deal if it gets 5.9 or 6.0 or whatever asap . Yeah it would be nice to have but I'm happy with android 4.4.4 on my note 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-06-2015 04:03 PM
    I heard that Samsung is going to wait until Android 6.0 comes out before releasing anything for the Note 4. In the meantime they are focusing on fixing the bugs in 4.4.4 and getting the VR issues working before they do any more work on the next OS.
    Erick Newman likes this.
    02-06-2015 04:10 PM
    I heard that Samsung is going to wait until Android 6.0 comes out before releasing anything for the Note 4. In the meantime they are focusing on fixing the bugs in 4.4.4 and getting the VR issues working before they do any more work on the next OS.
    That's seems okay and won't give me any heartburn but may cause a lot of other folks some serious constipation.

from the VI+ 📱
    Kane89, jimd1050 and sparker04 like this.
    02-06-2015 04:18 PM
    I read that the Note 4 would get Lollipop around June.
    I heard that Samsung is going to wait until Android 6.0 comes out before releasing anything for the Note 4.
    Well, I heard that they are going to skip 6.0 (Marshmallow) completely and go straight to 7.0 (Nugat).

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was making things up day and I wanted to play too.
    02-06-2015 04:57 PM
    I'm breathlessly waiting for Android 8.0 (Oreo)
    jimd1050 and anon8486368 like this.
    02-06-2015 05:11 PM
    Well, I heard that they are going to skip 6.0 (Marshmallow) completely and go straight to 7.0 (Nugat).

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was making things up day and I wanted to play too.
    I thought they are waiting for android 13.0 :P

02-06-2015 06:54 PM
    I thought they are waiting for android 13.0 :P

Android 69.0, actually.

02-07-2015 02:24 AM
    Or even 9.0 (peppermint)

02-07-2015 02:57 AM
    You all are silly.
    02-07-2015 03:32 AM
    My Note 4 has not been buggy at all. Sometimes I have forgotten to Restart in a timely manner. They will all get buggy if you don't.

So I can't say that I am anxious to see Lollypop. Just no need. But since I am on VZW by the time we get Lollypop, Samsung will likely have had a year to work out the bugs. VZW is not too "snappy" regarding updates as we all know.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    02-07-2015 04:49 AM
    I wonder... Perhaps if stock android is your thing than maybe Lollipop would have more appeal. It took me much of the afternoon yesterday to bury the look of stock android.
    02-07-2015 04:56 AM
    My Note 4 has not been buggy at all. Sometimes I have forgotten to Restart in a timely manner. They will all get buggy if you don't.

So I can't say that I am anxious to see Lollypop. Just no need. But since I am on VZW by the time we get Lollypop, Samsung will likely have had a year to work out the bugs. VZW is not too "snappy" regarding updates as we all know.
    Umm what ? The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 was the first s5 to get the update in the states

02-07-2015 08:54 AM
    You would think that the partnering agreement between Oculus and Samsung on the VR includes wording about Samsung not breaking compatibility with any s/w updates. The two companies seem pretty serious about the relationship and Oculus would be crazy not have it in the contract.

On Samsung Gear VR Launch Day, Oculus Discusses The Potential For Mobile VR | TechCrunch
    02-07-2015 10:12 AM
    I have Lollipop on my N7 tablet and it's fine. Was excited to get it but now it's no big deal. If getting it a couple months later saves me the frustration of dealing with bugs on my Note 4 then I'm fine with it .

But it is curious that Samsung may have to delay the release of the update potentially 5-6 months? Usually Samsung is pretty on the ball when it comes to updating their newer devices.
    02-07-2015 10:35 AM
    I think the OS updates are important to a very very tiny minority. Seriously, if the product works as intended the general public and Samsung are not worrying about when an update gets out. Kit Kat is not only not broken but it works exceedingly well. We know that Lollipop has not only had its issues but it just doesn't bring very much to the table.

If Kit Kat was largely broken and the masses were complaining that their phones didn't work it'd be different. From my experience Lollipop is just a nice to have for a small few and a PITA to others.
    02-07-2015 10:43 AM
    I agree with both points here. First the update will make the N4 use less meeker like the s5. It does work well overall stock. My Droid Turbo runs way better overall

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    02-07-2015 01:49 PM
    Samsung may beat Sony and HTC to a global rollout for its main flagships, crazy!

02-07-2015 06:10 PM
    Samsung may beat Sony and HTC to a global rollout for its main flagships, crazy!

They are... Verizon s5 is getting it and probably other carriers to follow soon

02-07-2015 07:31 PM
    When is the Note 3
    Sm n900
    Getting lollipop. ..?

02-08-2015 11:21 AM
    When is the Note 3
    Sm n900
    Getting lollipop. ..?

After the note 4

02-08-2015 05:58 PM
    no hurry. I updated my Nexu 7 2012 and it made the thing useless. Even after a factory reset. I had to flash it back to 4.4
    02-08-2015 08:46 PM
    My wife did the update on the S5 and the battery drains pretty darn quick and the phone gets hot

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4
    02-08-2015 10:09 PM
    I don't get why people clamor over updates in general .....if my phone or tablet works it's not s big deal if it gets 5.9 or 6.0 or whatever asap . Yeah it would be nice to have but I'm happy with android 4.4.4 on my note 4

I finally got the update on my 2012 T-Mobile Nexus 7 today and I have not upgraded it yet. Back when KitKat was released, I couldn't wait to get it on my Nexus 4 and 7 but 5.0 is different. I have it already on the Nexus 4 and although I have no problems on it, I'm not sure I like it either.

I'll wait a few weeks at least and read about what others are saying about the upgrade on the Nexus 7 before I do mine.

This also reminds me of how people feel about iOS 8.0 and just about every new OS Apple releases. I read the same thing on MacRumors all the time.
    rong21 likes this.
    02-08-2015 10:15 PM
55 123