02-16-2015 05:49 PM
55 123
tools
    I finally got the update on my 2012 T-Mobile Nexus 7 today and I have not upgraded it yet. Back when KitKat was released, I couldn't wait to get it on my Nexus 4 and 7 but 5.0 is different. I have it already on the Nexus 4 and although I have no problems on it, I'm not sure I like it either.

I'll wait a few weeks at least and read about what others are saying about the upgrade on the Nexus 7 before I do mine.

This also reminds me of how people feel about iOS 8.0 and just about every new OS Apple releases. I read the same thing on MacRumors all the time.
    Same here couldn't wait to update my tablet with Kitkat after doing so I've found out that some apps weren't ready and of course some bugs.. Now I'm smarter and will wait till everything is stable before updating.

As long as the phone is running and everything works I am in no update rush.
    rong21 likes this.
    02-09-2015 12:09 AM
    I've updated all my android phones , tablets , iPads and iPhones on the first day I could and never had major issues really

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hope I have the same fortune
    jimd1050 likes this.
    02-16-2015 02:34 PM
    I took the chance and upgraded my 2012 3G Nexus 7 yesterday. It took some time to do. After the upgrade I went to open an app and it just froze with a black screen. The same exact thing happened with my Nexus 4 the first time I opened an app after upgrading to Lollipop. I let it sit there for about ten minutes and finally the app opened It was like the whole thing just froze, even hitting the home button didn't work.

The Nexus 4 seems to be running as fast as it did when it had KitKat but it has 2GB RAM. The Nexus 7 seems to be lagging now and it has 1GB RAM. And of course, there is a lot more white backgrounds in Lollipop.

This is why many here may just want to wait, to see what others experience with the Note 4.
    02-16-2015 03:10 PM
    I took the chance and upgraded my 2012 3G Nexus 7 yesterday. It took some time to do. After the upgrade I went to open an app and it just froze with a black screen. The same exact thing happened with my Nexus 4 the first time I opened an app after upgrading to Lollipop. I let it sit there for about ten minutes and finally the app opened It was like the whole thing just froze, even hitting the home button didn't work.

The Nexus 4 seems to be running as fast as it did when it had KitKat but it has 2GB RAM. The Nexus 7 seems to be lagging now and it has 1GB RAM. And of course, there is a lot more white backgrounds in Lollipop.

This is why many here may just want to wait, to see what others experience with the Note 4.
    My 2012 Nexus 7 did the same. Even after a factory reset. I flashed back to 4.4
    02-16-2015 03:37 PM
    I would at least wipe the cache partition after upgrading.

from the new-old S3
    02-16-2015 05:49 PM
55 123