Note 4 Lollipop 5.0

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have Lollipop on my N7 tablet and it's fine. Was excited to get it but now it's no big deal. If getting it a couple months later saves me the frustration of dealing with bugs on my Note 4 then I'm fine with it .

But it is curious that Samsung may have to delay the release of the update potentially 5-6 months? Usually Samsung is pretty on the ball when it comes to updating their newer devices.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think the OS updates are important to a very very tiny minority. Seriously, if the product works as intended the general public and Samsung are not worrying about when an update gets out. Kit Kat is not only not broken but it works exceedingly well. We know that Lollipop has not only had its issues but it just doesn't bring very much to the table.

If Kit Kat was largely broken and the masses were complaining that their phones didn't work it'd be different. From my experience Lollipop is just a nice to have for a small few and a PITA to others.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I agree with both points here. First the update will make the N4 use less meeker like the s5. It does work well overall stock. My Droid Turbo runs way better overall

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
no hurry. I updated my Nexu 7 2012 and it made the thing useless. Even after a factory reset. I had to flash it back to 4.4

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My wife did the update on the S5 and the battery drains pretty darn quick and the phone gets hot

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't get why people clamor over updates in general .....if my phone or tablet works it's not s big deal if it gets 5.9 or 6.0 or whatever asap . Yeah it would be nice to have but I'm happy with android 4.4.4 on my note 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I finally got the update on my 2012 T-Mobile Nexus 7 today and I have not upgraded it yet. Back when KitKat was released, I couldn't wait to get it on my Nexus 4 and 7 but 5.0 is different. I have it already on the Nexus 4 and although I have no problems on it, I'm not sure I like it either.

I'll wait a few weeks at least and read about what others are saying about the upgrade on the Nexus 7 before I do mine.

This also reminds me of how people feel about iOS 8.0 and just about every new OS Apple releases. I read the same thing on MacRumors all the time.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I finally got the update on my 2012 T-Mobile Nexus 7 today and I have not upgraded it yet. Back when KitKat was released, I couldn't wait to get it on my Nexus 4 and 7 but 5.0 is different. I have it already on the Nexus 4 and although I have no problems on it, I'm not sure I like it either.

I'll wait a few weeks at least and read about what others are saying about the upgrade on the Nexus 7 before I do mine.

This also reminds me of how people feel about iOS 8.0 and just about every new OS Apple releases. I read the same thing on MacRumors all the time.

Same here couldn't wait to update my tablet with Kitkat after doing so I've found out that some apps weren't ready and of course some bugs.. Now I'm smarter and will wait till everything is stable before updating.

As long as the phone is running and everything works I am in no update rush.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I took the chance and upgraded my 2012 3G Nexus 7 yesterday. It took some time to do. After the upgrade I went to open an app and it just froze with a black screen. The same exact thing happened with my Nexus 4 the first time I opened an app after upgrading to Lollipop. I let it sit there for about ten minutes and finally the app opened It was like the whole thing just froze, even hitting the home button didn't work.

The Nexus 4 seems to be running as fast as it did when it had KitKat but it has 2GB RAM. The Nexus 7 seems to be lagging now and it has 1GB RAM. And of course, there is a lot more white backgrounds in Lollipop.

This is why many here may just want to wait, to see what others experience with the Note 4.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I took the chance and upgraded my 2012 3G Nexus 7 yesterday. It took some time to do. After the upgrade I went to open an app and it just froze with a black screen. The same exact thing happened with my Nexus 4 the first time I opened an app after upgrading to Lollipop. I let it sit there for about ten minutes and finally the app opened It was like the whole thing just froze, even hitting the home button didn't work.

The Nexus 4 seems to be running as fast as it did when it had KitKat but it has 2GB RAM. The Nexus 7 seems to be lagging now and it has 1GB RAM. And of course, there is a lot more white backgrounds in Lollipop.

This is why many here may just want to wait, to see what others experience with the Note 4.

My 2012 Nexus 7 did the same. Even after a factory reset. I flashed back to 4.4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma