02-16-2015 05:49 PM
55 123
tools
    When is the Note 4 getting Lollipop? Should I update? I've heard S5 users are having lots of questions, hope it's not like KitKat to Note 3, everyone hated that.
    02-04-2015 12:28 PM
    ...hope it's not like KitKat to Note 3, everyone hated that.
    I think you meant to say that a vocal minority hated it, but most people had no problem with it.
    02-04-2015 01:54 PM
    Very true words! I apologise for not taking the happy people into perspective.
    02-04-2015 02:30 PM
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy s5 got it so I get the note 4 isn't very far behind ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    AlfBriggs likes this.
    02-04-2015 02:34 PM
    Various threads here and all over the internet about this. Some say March before N4 gets lollipop. My understanding is that they may be working through an issue with VR and Lollipop compatibility.
    02-04-2015 03:00 PM
    Why are they holding the update for VR? What about the 99.9% of us who don't need this part of the update just do it in a minor update.

02-04-2015 03:01 PM
    hopefully i never comes
    02-04-2015 04:53 PM
    Why are they holding the update for VR? What about the 99.9% of us who don't need this part of the update just do it in a minor update.

Samsung has been touting the VR and the Note 4 is the only phone that works with it - they'll never knowingly put out a Note 4 update that "breaks" it. It would be a PR disaster for it.
    02-04-2015 05:10 PM
    The Gear VR is great, if you have not fully experienced it then you don't know what you are missing, kind of like being blind from birth, well a lot like that. For a Gear VR user, it is worth the wait. Hurry up Samsung...
    02-04-2015 05:15 PM
    I personally do not like the update for the S5. The only good thing about it is the keyboard. The keyboard has improved other than that I don't like it.

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4
    02-04-2015 05:20 PM
    02-04-2015 05:37 PM

...and I hope we can decline it. The gf has the s5 and told her NOT to update it. Sure, a small percentage may have experienced issues so far but our phones are working great as is, hate to risk having a device not work properly after dropping all this money on them lol
    02-04-2015 07:19 PM
    ...and I hope we can decline it. The gf has the s5 and told her NOT to update it. Sure, a small percentage may have experienced issues so far but our phones are working great as is, hate to risk having a device not work properly after dropping all this money on them lol
    I've updated all my android phones , tablets , iPads and iPhones on the first day I could and never had major issues really

ajnevares likes this.
    02-04-2015 07:21 PM
    I had an s5 and I updated to lollipop. The entire phone slowed down completely. Got a note 4 now. Don't think I will update to lollipop when it comes out.
    ajnevares and rem0us like this.
    02-05-2015 04:56 AM
    Better the devil you know I suppose. When the phone works great as it does at the moment I see no point in updating just for the sake of it.
    02-05-2015 05:10 AM
    I'm really not that concerned about the update. I am on Verizon so I knew going in that any update would be more of a lucky coincidence than any purposeful intent on their part.
    Most reviews make it seem like a "one step forward, two steps backwards" thing anyways, so I will continue enjoying my Note as-is since I have zero of the myriad problems plaguing everyone here.
    02-05-2015 10:22 AM
    I am going with what Dial Square said. I have heard so much negativity about 5.0 I think I will just keep my Note 4 on 4.4.4 and enjoy a perfect, no issue device that does everything I want and need without issues.
    I will wait until 5.1.1 or 5.2 maybe..
    Dial square likes this.
    02-05-2015 10:47 AM
    I just read this morning (think it was in AC) that the VR Gear is making its way to 100 Best Buy Stores throughout the US...IDK, hopefully that means the issue with that & the N4 has been solved??

As far as Lollipop goes, seems like there's an aweful lot of unhappy S5 campers out there. Although, I'm sure they're just as many (or more) without any major issues.
    Just curious...does everyone update right away when a major update like this comes out or are there any users who wait a while for any initial issues to get worked out???

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    02-05-2015 11:18 AM

My gf has the S5 and I have the Note 4 and neither of us have the update yet. I check all the time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-05-2015 11:56 AM
    I just read this morning (think it was in AC) that the VR Gear is making its way to 100 Best Buy Stores throughout the US...IDK, hopefully that means the issue with that & the N4 has been solved??

As far as Lollipop goes, seems like there's an aweful lot of unhappy S5 campers out there. Although, I'm sure they're just as many (or more) without any major issues.
    Just curious...does everyone update right away when a major update like this comes out or are there any users who wait a while for any initial issues to get worked out???

I always wait after an update is released. I won't update my phone until Lollipop is out and stable.
    Carrtman likes this.
    02-05-2015 04:52 PM

I have a verizon s5 and the update brings me a better battery life, the phone is much snappier, and no issue whatsoever.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-05-2015 05:02 PM
    When is the Note 4 getting Lollipop? Should I update? I've heard S5 users are having lots of questions, hope it's not like KitKat to Note 3, everyone hated that.
    You have to wait until Lollipop is out for the Note 3 first. Samsung is releasing for the Note 3 first, then the Note 4.
    02-05-2015 07:27 PM
    I have the VR gear and when I get into it. It is wanting me to update to lollipop in some of the apps on the VR gear
    02-06-2015 08:30 AM
    I have the VR gear and some of the apps using it ask for an update to Lollipop
    02-06-2015 08:34 AM
    I read that the Note 4 would get Lollipop around June. That seems fine if that is what it takes to make the experience mostly bug-free.

from the VI+ 📱
    Ntchwaidumela and spotnjack like this.
    02-06-2015 08:50 AM
55 123