I accessed personal wireless LAN with N4, now it won't connect, did I do something wrong?

qdalgado

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Accessed personal wireless LAN with N4, now it won't connect

The first thing I did with my Note 4 was access my home network, entering the router password and all that security stuff correctly, and it worked like a charm.
Now when I want to browse websites, I try to connect to my network (listed in the Settings/WiFi network list). I get 'very strong' signal strength with WEP security, but when I press 'Connect' nothing happens - the network list returns and the phone keeps scanning for networks...
I use a Cisco LinkSys WRT310N router for my LAN, and all PCs and tablets have no problem, nor did my previous phone Galaxy 2S. I use AVG security.
I hope that I'm just an ***** and it's something really simple, but I have a bad feeling it's something dire.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Accessed personal wireless LAN with N4, now it won't connect

Welcome to Android Central! It's generally recommended to use WPA2-PSK/AES for your router security. Review this guide for other suggestions: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

I've seen some recent posts describing McAfee interfering with wi-fi connections, so consider uninstalling AVG temporarily and see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay