I want to use my note 4 as a dictionary when i read at nights. But there are some setting that i cannot find or arent there to make the experience as pleasent as possible. For example, is it po#ible to extend the time the screen turns off, i usually read for 1h so i would like that the phones screen would be on all the time, now i have to "log" in each time i need to look up a word, which doesnt really encourage me to do it. Also it would be great if i could use the phones black and white screen mode as well to save battery, and i find it very easy on the eyes at night.

Some option like there are in DS "phone will never sleep while charging", but "phone will never sleep. " and i dont know if never sleep while charging will work with black and white mode
    02-04-2015 04:56 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screentimeout You can disable the screen timeout so that it always stays on.
    and
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...assisi.luxlite This also has a cool astronomer's/night mode!
    02-04-2015 06:16 PM
    Thanks, the timeout thing was really annoying. So the grayscale mode cannot be used other than in ultra power mode? and is there a way to force the keyboard to be present all the time, i. e. so i wont dissapear after i have typed a word?
    02-05-2015 03:28 AM
    and is there a way to force the keyboard to be present all the time, i. e. so i wont dissapear after i have typed a word?
    not a user of the std keyboard, but a swipe up from the bottom of the screen should pop it up?
    02-05-2015 03:51 AM
    Thanks, the timeout thing was really annoying. So the grayscale mode cannot be used other than in ultra power mode? and is there a way to force the keyboard to be present all the time, i. e. so i wont dissapear after i have typed a word?
    I don't know if this will work in the app you read in but if you use the spen (press the button and highlight a word) a few options come up including dictionary. Choose that and it shows a definition without completely blocking the screen and has a X to close it. Also I believe you can open full dictionary or search the Web if it doesn't give a definition. Not sure if this will be of benefit in your situation but thought I'd share. Worth a shot =)

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-05-2015 07:35 PM
    It doesnt pop up if i swipe upp, than it just scrolls down.

Im not reading from the phone so the s pen method wont work. I just want the phone to act as an electronic dictionary while i read. I use "thefreedictionary" to look up words. Basically what i want is to easily switch from the book im readinh to type a word on the phone whitout having to unlock the phone (which i now fixed) , but also without having to pop up the keyboard all the time... Oh and about grayscale mode, seems like its posi le to achieve with a rooted phone, will look into that.
    02-06-2015 02:22 AM
    It doesnt pop up if i swipe upp, than it just scrolls down.
    Have you tried the free floating option of the std keyboard?
    02-06-2015 02:29 AM