Note 4 T Mobile rooted ? and ...lag....please help!!!!!!!!!!

capaxone

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I bought a T Mobile note 4 today from CL for 550 (like new) ...and when I came home, I realize the phone somehow lags between typing and open apps. I think it's rooted. So my question are :

.1. How can you tell if a phone is rooted or not?
2. If it's rooted and causing lag issues (from my research showingg this is the case for note 4)....How can you unroot it? Please help.....

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I bought a T Mobile note 4 today from CL for 550 (like new) ...and when I came home, I realize the phone somehow lags between typing and open apps. I think it's rooted. So my question are :

.1. How can you tell if a phone is rooted or not?
2. If it's rooted and causing lag issues (from my research showingg this is the case for note 4)....How can you unroot it? Please help.....

Look in your app drawer if there is an app installed called Superuser or SU.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Download one of the root checker apps from playstore to check for root. Super user may not be present depending on the root method and recovery mode used when rooted.

Pulling the battery may also clear Lag causes.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't done so, i would do a factory data reset. Also, Did you verify that it is not a fake? There is a sticky on that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

capaxone

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Found out today that I got scammed by this seller. He changed imei number and the back imei isn't same as the one in settings. I also found out phone is not rooted because SU is not running in background. Anyone else knows what to do to fix this lagging problem? Phone will lag after typing 1 or 2 word.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Found out today that I got scammed by this seller. He changed imei number and the back imei isn't same as the one in settings. I also found out phone is not rooted because SU is not running in background. Anyone else knows what to do to fix this lagging problem? Phone will lag after typing 1 or 2 word.
At the top of the Note 4 forum is a thread about making sure you don't have a fake Note 4. Have you done this to make sure you don't have a fake? If the IMEI doesn't match up, you should check that thread.

capaxone

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Phone is note 4 for sure. But just don't know why it lags between typing. Say if I want to type abcde, it will pause 1 second after *d* entered.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
If it's an authentic Note 4 I would perform a hard reset, root it, and install the FireKat ROM. That's what I have on mine right now and it flies like no other phone I've ever had.

Posted via the Android Central App

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
If it's an authentic Note 4 I would perform a hard reset, root it, and install the FireKat ROM. That's what I have on mine right now and it flies like no other phone I've ever had.

Posted via the Android Central App

Also remove the SD card if it has one.
Good Luck!
Ron

mistydake

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You say the phone is a Note 4 for sure, but what have you done to verify that it is not a chinese fake note 4 knockoff. These "fake" note 4's look and feel so much like the real deal that until you start having noticable software and hardware issues it is difficult to tell at first look.

The best and only 100% accurate way to tell if it is a fake chinese knockoff or a genuine Samsung product is simply to put it into download mode. You do this by shutting the phone off completely, hold down the volume down, home and power buttons until the display comes on.

The fake asian knock off will just display some chinese symbols whereas EVERY authentic Samsung mobile device that can be put into download mode will display "Warning!!" at the top and will have a yellow triangle with an exclamation point on the screen somewhere as well.

I know you said it's not a fake but I looked at 4 different "Note 4s" from Craigslist and they all seemed legit even after playing with them for a few seconds but all 4 were fakes and at least 3 of the people selling them I genuinely believe did not know. Just thought I'd share that in case you hadn't dug very deeply to double check the device's authenticity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool