Has anyone experienced a sudden battery drain on the Note 4?

bhikumatre

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Sudden Battery Drain

Has anyone experienced sudden battery drain on Note 4. The battery was at 70% around 10:30pm. When I checked next morning (8am), The phone was dead. This is the first time it occurred.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Sudden Battery Drain

My phone has its own battery drain issues but never this bad. I suggest a clean refresh of your phone which I am considering doing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sudden Battery Drain

More than likely an app went rogue or something didnt shut off like it was supposed to.

First steps is check any new apps tou might have, and its alway a good idea to do a cache partition clear.. theres instructions on that n the forums.
If you checking apps and want to know what caused it, dont change anything yet, charge the phone and then keep a check on it and if there is a fast drain check your batt usage and see whats killing it.

Another option is if your carrier was down for a while and had a weak or no signal your battery drained trying to connect to a network.. that happens..

Verizon Note4 w/ Tech 21 case

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Go to settings and then battery, it will tell you how long youve been off the charger, and under that it will break down battery usage by percents.. usually tour screen uses most if you have been active on the phone w the screen on. Just look and see if there is something that you havent used much taking a large percent.

Keep in mind system UI and such will take some because that's the "computer" part of the phone thats always running when the phone is turned on.

Look and see whats using the most power, and if u can screen shot the list and post it on here thats always helpful for the people on here who are a lot smarter than me lol

toshee2000

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

The same thing happened to me last night. There were no apps running that time and I was asleep. Just look at the battery drain..Screenshot_2015-03-06-07-27-37.jpg

Bibi200

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site

Hey, toshee2000, have you found out anything? I'm having the same issue. It happens every night.
The stats show the battery starts draining at 6pm and goes down till 12pm.

dakota316

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

My biggest thing I found draining my battery, I would get home from work with 40% or so left on my phone working 5 AM - 3 PM and not using it much. I removed Nova Launcher and went back to stock as its so much smoother than before now on Lillipop.... now it is 7:17 PM and I am still at 68%. No change in usage, etc.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Since upgrading to lollipop my battery drains about 50% faster. I used to get 2-3 days battery life, now I get about 18 hours max.. it's a real bummer for what was a superb device.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone experienced sudden battery drain on Note 4. The battery was at 70% around 10:30pm. When I checked next morning (8am), The phone was dead. This is the first time it occurred.

Mine is terrible I barely even used it since I woke up and it just drains...I hate it... Don't even tell me it's the battery it's brand new...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-10-11-19-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-10-11-19-55.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_2015-03-10-11-20-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-10-11-20-00.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 130

lapk78

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings and then battery, it will tell you how long youve been off the charger, and under that it will break down battery usage by percents.. usually tour screen uses most if you have been active on the phone w the screen on. Just look and see if there is something that you havent used much taking a large percent.

Keep in mind system UI and such will take some because that's the "computer" part of the phone thats always running when the phone is turned on.

Look and see whats using the most power, and if u can screen shot the list and post it on here thats always helpful for the people on here who are a lot smarter than me lol

I feel like a total noob here, but I can't find "battery" when I'm in "settings." Not by swiping down in the notification bar and tapping the little gear, nor by entering "settings" via the app drawer. Why am I dumb and what am I doing wrong?

Also, since the Sprint Lollipop update, my battery has definitely taken a hit. Wiping the cache hasn't really helped. Grumble...

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I feel like a total noob here, but I can't find "battery" when I'm in "settings." Not by swiping down in the notification bar and tapping the little gear, nor by entering "settings" via the app drawer. Why am I dumb and what am I doing wrong?

Also, since the Sprint Lollipop update, my battery has definitely taken a hit. Wiping the cache hasn't really helped. Grumble...

I thought my upgrade to lollipop was flawless, but I started feeling like my battery was draining a bit fast. I uninstalled the last few apps I got before the update, but it didn't help. Then I noticed fast charging wasn't working right either, so I knew something was up. Resorted to just doing a factory reset, and reloading all my apps, and everything is peachy again.

Posted via the Android Central App

lapk78

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Bump.
Help, I can't seem to be able to view my battery usage stats. Any help would be appreciated.

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I just had this, and saw it happen, battery was at 85%, I opened voice recorder, phone immediately shut down, held power button to turn on, said battery critically low 0% and shut back off. Weird!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just had this, and saw it happen, battery was at 85%, I opened voice recorder, phone immediately shut down, held power button to turn on, said battery critically low 0% and shut back off. Weird!

Yours sounds like it's the battery.

My original two batteries are starting to do this when the battery gets down to about 10%. Sometimes if I open an app, it will drop down to as much as 3% instantly. My batteries are about 15 months old now. I bought two new batteries but I'm going to keep using the originals until I start having major drainage problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol