How much better can the note 4 get? I'm already dying to see what specs the note 5 will get. I was under the impression the note 4 would be here a while before the new model would come out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-05-2015 03:25 PM
    personally id love to see dual sims. id be all over it then
    02-05-2015 05:57 PM
    I have a note 4 dual sim. International unlocked version. I use a data plan for tablet in the main slot and pay-as-you-go phone plan in the other. No regrets leaving apple and htc.

plumcrazy likes this.
    02-05-2015 06:34 PM
    I'd love to have the headphone jack swapped to the bottom and to have dual front facing speakers that's about all that can make it better imo
    02-05-2015 07:22 PM
    There is definitely room for improvement in the fingerprint scanner technology, and either the GPS is a bit weak or has a software issue. Maybe Qi charging included standard?

At the rate Samsung seems to be going on the Lollipop update, the Note 5 may be our best bet for Lollipop.
    sirCLD and Cavboygt like this.
    02-05-2015 07:28 PM
    Finger print scanner is a must improve on. Also in my opinion they should go aluminum removable back on it as well.
    bassplayrguy and Cavboygt like this.
    02-05-2015 11:22 PM
    Qi charging doesn't really appeal to me. I like the quick charge, and I don't think the Qi charging would be as fast would it?

Better or front facing speakers would be nice though. The N4 speakers aren't bad, but location on the phone sucks.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    02-06-2015 04:56 AM
    I'd love to have the headphone jack swapped to the bottom and to have dual front facing speakers that's about all that can make it better imo
    This would really make the phone too big to deal with IMO. Cant beat a good pair of headphones or earbuds. Speakers on phones are really just made for phone calls and quick videos. That is the one thing I miss most about the G3, thin bezels.
    02-06-2015 05:34 AM
    This would really make the phone too big to deal with IMO. Cant beat a good pair of headphones or earbuds. Speakers on phones are really just made for phone calls and quick videos. That is the one thing I miss most about the G3, thin bezels.
    Moto x has small bezels and a speaker in front. Nexus 6 too. You just gotta do it the right way and not the Htc way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-06-2015 08:55 AM
    Finger print scanner is a must improve on. Also in my opinion they should go aluminum removable back on it as well.
    Not very likely to have an aluminum removable back. And I wouldn't want it. A thin aluminum back(similar weight to the current back) could deform permanently when removing. You can get a thicker aluminum back but that would add weight and size.

If you really wanted an aluminum back, there are aftermarket ones available.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    02-06-2015 09:09 AM
    Not very likely to have an aluminum removable back. And I wouldn't want it. A thin aluminum back(similar weight to the current back) could deform permanently when removing. You can get a thicker aluminum back but that would add weight and size.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    True
    02-06-2015 09:10 AM
    Qi charging doesn't really appeal to me. I like the quick charge, and I don't think the Qi charging would be as fast would it?

Better or front facing speakers would be nice though. The N4 speakers aren't bad, but location on the phone sucks.
    What is QI charging?
    02-06-2015 09:09 PM
    IMO....I would like Samsung to remove all the Unwanted Bloatware from the phone....and STOP these Carriers from putting their Junk in the phone.

I just want a phone from Samsung with Pure Android as much as possible while minimizing all other sh*t !!
    Cavboygt and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    02-06-2015 09:10 PM
    Remove the bloat
    Snap dragon 810
    5 gig ram
    4k display
    Real leather backside
    Almost pure android please but with all the nice Samsung tweaks such as multi window, awesome S pen features...
    02-06-2015 09:34 PM
    It will have two s-pens, so you can use them as chopsticks, when eating sushi.
    02-06-2015 09:45 PM
    I'm rather content with my Note 4 just now. It's 3-4 months old. Nothing is annoying me. I have no particular needs. Sure, I don't object if there is a battery revolution and a battery lasts for 3 weeks, but I'm not banking on that and I'm getting along just fine.

I would like some solution for it to be waterproofed, but I have never dropped one in water, so I will continue to cross my fingers.

IMO....I would like Samsung to remove all the Unwanted Bloatware from the phone....and STOP these Carriers from putting their Junk in the phone.

I just want a phone from Samsung with Pure Android as much as possible while minimizing all other sh*t !!

Well, then simply put, Samsung is not the brand for you. Seriously---their trademark is trying to deliver every conceivable bell and whistle and put their own "stamp" overlaying Android. If you want pure Android, buy Nexus.

They don't have full control, btw, what the carriers do. The carriers to sell the phones have their own needs. T-mobile is going to put their visual voicemail and My T-Mobile app on the phone. THey just are. (And that's a good thing...)
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    02-07-2015 08:42 AM

I don't think samsung would put out a phone with pure android instead of TouchWiz. I agree with removing carrier bloat but I like touch wiz and it's a staple of samsung.

02-07-2015 09:00 AM
    It has happened before: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    02-07-2015 02:13 PM

Well, then simply put, Samsung is not the brand for you. Seriously---their trademark is trying to deliver every conceivable bell and whistle and put their own "stamp" overlaying Android. If you want pure Android, buy Nexus.
    And I knew some one would say that...Honestly, after owning a Galaxy S2, I wanted to go with the Nexus, but Note 4 had the best deal around with the $200 promotion...And then Nexus 6 was released with a ridiculous price tag.

With my note 4, I am ok With Touchwiz...I mean I use Nova Launcher anyway, so I don't care much. But I would definitely like Samsung to go down on it's "stamp"...meaning get rid of most of the apps...Keep them option on play store if ppl want to get them.

And as for the carrier bloatware...they can get rid of most of them..and if not, here's the inside scoop :

Allow us to DELETE the Bloatware completely if we don't like it...No just "disable and hide" them, but just DELETE it Completely!
    02-07-2015 03:18 PM