Chrome or stock browser?

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I am using Chrome but the stupid slimspots redirect glitch that happens with chrome browser in some websites is starting to really get annoying. Google needs to make an official announcement that they are aware of this and working on a fix.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I stick with the stock Samsung browser primarily for its S-Pen hover scrolling (hover near edge of screen to scroll that direction. No other browser supports the feature); use it all the time. That and I've always found it just performs much better than Chrome which tends to lag too much and use an ever increasing amount of memory the longer it's used (also don't want/need any of its syncing features either, so nothing missed there).

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Stock browser. I like the s pen features and that has both page back and foward. I don't recall having that in chrome. The top and bottom bars auto hide. Then I have the home page set to google. Win win.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-05-18-53-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-05-18-53-38.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 199

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hah...create a window group in the multi window combining the stock browser and chrome. Works well. I'm using the combination to transfer my stack (400+) chrome bookmarks across to the stock browser.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the stock browser. It works well with the pen and I've never gotten pissed at it. I like to use the scroll feature when I am using the s pen. It helps me get to the top of the page quickly.

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I like the feature that when select text the pop up box let's me do various things. I like to search gardening/flower images. I see the name, select the text and boom! Open a web window with my selected search text and browse away! I can select images an instantly send them in text, email, facebook ect.

That I primarily what I do when browsing Web for fun. This is in my top 3 favorite features of this phone. It cuts out so many extra cumbersome steps for me.

Wait....chrome probably has done this all along and I did not realize it. (Like the forward and back arrows)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-05-21-38-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-05-21-38-47.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 178

Flinthills

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Great idea about the browser. I created a specific SNote for the best ideas. Of course I had to open the SNote in a new window and use the Spen to write down this tip while the forum was live in top of the screen. The Note 4 just gets better and better.

It looks like most of the post is off topic. Sorry about that. But it was fun!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the stock browser. It works well with the pen and I've never gotten pissed at it. I like to use the scroll feature when I am using the s pen. It helps me get to the top of the page quickly.

Same here, I use that quick scroll option a lot; just press and hold the little gray square with arrows inside (see below) to quickly scroll up or down the page. :)

Screenshot_2015-02-05-22-29-29-1.jpg

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Pros of chrome:

1. more update to ensure security
2. sync

Pros of stock:

1. full screen display to prevent ghost image on AMOLED
2.better privacy, A.K.A. not google product

your pick.

Forum statistics