I have heard about a lot of people not liking touchwiz but I was wondering if it was that bad. The note 4 is still a relatively new phone and I was thinking of getting the htc one m9 but that might come out in May along with the LG G4 coming out in July and I do not know if I want to wait that long. Does the Note 4 have lag? I had issues with the LG G3 because of its lag, lack of brightness and sharpening issues.
    15vailo50 likes this.
    02-05-2015 04:50 PM
    I don't think the note 4 is laggy and this is even while using an iPad as well but that's my 2 cents . You can go to bestbuy or carrier store and try one out yourself and the only opinion that really matters is your own when it gets down to it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    shortwave8669 likes this.
    02-05-2015 04:57 PM
    I personally love the Note 4. Every phone will have some lag here and there but my Note 4 very rarely lags. HTC makes one hell of a phone I loved my M8 and miss it. I would try to be patient and compare the G4, M9, and S6 since they should be revealed next month at MWC
    02-05-2015 04:57 PM
    I personally love the Note 4. Every phone will have some lag here and there but my Note 4 very rarely lags. HTC makes one hell of a phone I loved my M8 and miss it. I would try to be patient and compare the G4, M9, and S6 since they should be revealed next month at MWC
    Tbh specs are getting better but so what ? 64 bit processors isn't at big of a deal in mobile or even in the pc market nor is 8 core CPUs in mobile or even pc market as well depending on what your using the pc for. 64 bit is a marketing tool for Apple and isn't going to do much if you have less then 4gb of ram which none of these phones do so far. The snapdragon 805, 3gb of ram is perfectly fine and should easily last the full 2 years of a contract and perhaps 3-4 years if you want to be frugal about your spending .

64 bit CPUs have been in the market on PC's since 2004( or around that year )since AMD made the first one and yet Microsoft still makes 32 bit windows OS for even windows 10. Long story short 64bit won't do much as all for mobile phones until they decide to add more ram but they seem inclined to make 3gb the norm for now .

As far as the snapdragon 810 cpu and exynos 7 cpu in the supposed Galaxy s6 yeah on paper the snapdragon is better but so what ? The snapdragon supports 8 cores , 55 megapixel cameras and etc but the s6 won't have a 55 megapixel camera and Samsung octa core CPUs are fine for the average joe .

If you like the note 4 just buy it now it will just be as good as the phones coming out in real time use as those

02-05-2015 06:25 PM
    Tbh specs are getting better but so what ? 64 bit processors isn't at big of a deal in mobile or even in the pc market nor is 8 core CPUs in mobile or even pc market as well depending on what your using the pc for. 64 bit is a marketing tool for Apple and isn't going to do much if you have less then 4gb of ram which none of these phones do so far. The snapdragon 805, 3gb of ram is perfectly fine and should easily last the full 2 years of a contract and perhaps 3-4 years if you want to be frugal about your spending .

64 bit CPUs have been in the market on PC's since 2004( or around that year )since AMD made the first one and yet Microsoft still makes 32 bit windows OS for even windows 10. Long story short 64bit won't do much as all for mobile phones until they decide to add more ram but they seem inclined to make 3gb the norm for now .

As far as the snapdragon 810 cpu and exynos 7 cpu in the supposed Galaxy s6 yeah on paper the snapdragon is better but so what ? The snapdragon supports 8 cores , 55 megapixel cameras and etc but the s6 won't have a 55 megapixel camera and Samsung octa core CPUs are fine for the average joe .

If you like the note 4 just buy it now it will just be as good as the phones coming out in real time use as those

This is all very true so if you like the Note then go ahead and get it but if you are weary about touchwiz then compare the Note with the M8 or wait to see if LG fixes the G4 lag. The new S6 will have the new TouchWiz that is suppose to be much better but the Note 4 will also get it when they push the update.

Sent from my Note 4.
    02-05-2015 06:38 PM
    Well, I just got my note 4, and now I have to send it back because the Gapgate (lol) decided to pop up on its own today, the LCD screen cracked right where my S Pen was,and its only been 3 days since I got it ;-;

I treated it like a newborn baby, and I get in my last period for school, and that happens. Idk if its a defect or not, but with my time using it, it was a very good phone which is why I'm getting a replacement!
    02-05-2015 06:44 PM
    Well, I just got my note 4, and now I have to send it back because the Gapgate (lol) decided to pop up on its own today, the LCD screen cracked right where my S Pen was,and its only been 3 days since I got it ;-;

I treated it like a newborn baby, and I get in my last period for school, and that happens. Idk if its a defect or not, but with my time using it, it was a very good phone which is why I'm getting a replacement!
    Tbh gap gate is as much of an non issue as bend gate is for iPhone . In the iPhones case as long as you don't sit on it with it in your back pocket or wearing skinny jeans it won't bend . The gap I have seen on my first note 4 with t-mobile but not the second . On my Verizon one I don't notice it but Idc

02-05-2015 06:47 PM
    Obviously, that's why I'm calling it a defect. I didn't even touch it, and that happened.
    02-05-2015 07:03 PM

Is yours a clone? Just want to clarify, so others aren't mislead.
    rabernet likes this.
    02-05-2015 09:54 PM
    Depends on you... the note might be the best phone for me but horrible for you. Never take someone else's advice on what you need. As for lag I must have a rare note cause mine doesn't lag one bit. In fact I've yet to even see this phone do anything out of the ordinary
    TheRewardisCheese likes this.
    02-05-2015 11:16 PM

You got a FAKE Note 4, so not really surprising. This sub forum is for discussing authentic Samsung Galaxy Note 4. A clone /fake is much more likely to have issues

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    02-06-2015 09:26 AM
    Lag isn't an issue. That was the biggest concern I had after having multiple iPhones over the past 4 yrs but lag isn't bad at all. Sure there's a stutter once in a while but it's not much worse than my iPhone 5 running ios 8. Love this phone and all the customization of android.
    02-06-2015 09:52 PM
    I admit my Note 4 has a little lag here and there.. but it's totally negligible. Like an extra fraction of a second...

The worst lag it gets is when I take a pic.. and tap the preview in the bottom corner.. it takes several seconds to come up.. which I don't like... but is my only complaint. And that doesn't bother me enough to keep me from absolutely LOVING this phone!
    02-07-2015 12:23 AM
    Only you can answer that question so I'd recommend going to your retailer and try it.. The s6 should be a beast of a phone but it still won't have the awesome s pen and if Samsung is going Exynos it won't have the xda support.

Personally I would try the note 4 and wait for the s6 then compare the 2 and see which one fits better.

I still love my note 4, thanks to root and Nova tw really doesn't bother me.
    02-07-2015 01:28 AM
    Disable Flipboard Briefing. Settings on home screen. Then it's a phast phablet!

rjm

Sent via my most phabulous phablet, the Galaxy Note 4
    02-07-2015 01:54 AM
    I have the note 4 and I am now tired of the size which surprises me but I am I grew tired of touch wiz so I put nova on it but I really wanting to see the next batch of phones the m9 or g4 if there's not to big of a change guess I'll keep it or go to last years flag ships g3 or the m8 the g2 was my last phone and loved it. Moto x 2013 was sick but I feel my note 4 is mmmeeehhhh idk I love the screen and battery life ..just how I feel

i hate big phones thats why i got a.. (phablet)
    02-07-2015 02:44 AM
    Touch wiz isn't too much of an issue, i actually preferred the LG skin as it was cleaner than touchwiz but once you get used to it again it's not a problem.

The size probably is the only issue, it is a large phablet the great thing about the G3 was it felt relatively like a smaller phone, the Note tends to stick out a bit in pockets etc. You'd be better going to look at one in a store and get a play with it. I would wait till MWC though as the S6 by all accounts is going to be an upgrade in all aspects just without the s pen etc
    02-07-2015 03:21 AM
    Touchwiz is pretty ugly, I just installed Google launcher over it and now I'm happy. Waiting for those Lollipop lock screen notifications, though.

As for lag: it's faster than my Nexus 6, that's for sure. I had a Galaxy S5 and that one was one laggy mess. Compared to that, the N4 is fine. It really doesn't lag anymore than my work iPhone 6 Plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-08-2015 12:23 AM