Dumb question....sharing notes between Note 4s?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about upgrading both my wife's and my S4s to Note 4s and would like to know if it's possible to share notes between the devices?

For example - I'm on the way to Costco and my wife is at home and makes a list of things to get on her Note 4 as an S Note - can she somehow send that note to my Note 4 and it pop up on mine as that same S Note? Or are we still going to have to just text or email a shopping list as we do now?

It's a dumb question I know but I think it'd be kind of handy vs having to read an email or text.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
If I open my S Note file, I have the option to share it with Email, One Note, Google drive and other apps. If I choose to share it as a PDF or picture, I have more options where I could share it via text.

Have you looked into a program called Papyrus? It seems more flexible than S Note

barrettdaniel

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
If I open my S Note file, I have the option to share it with Email, One Note, Google drive and other apps. If I choose to share it as a PDF or picture, I have more options where I could share it via text.

Have you looked into a program called Papyrus? It seems more flexible than S Note

^^ it is possible as he said. Try it out with some test notes or something. I wonder if it could be shared using the "Bump" feature, though. Might be of no help if you or your wife are already left for the store but and the other one is home, but would still be neat to be able to do before you leave for the store!

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Thinking about upgrading both my wife's and my S4s to Note 4s and would like to know if it's possible to share notes between the devices?

For example - I'm on the way to Costco and my wife is at home and makes a list of things to get on her Note 4 as an S Note - can she somehow send that note to my Note 4 and it pop up on mine as that same S Note? Or are we still going to have to just text or email a shopping list as we do now?

It's a dumb question I know but I think it'd be kind of handy vs having to read an email or text.

You can share the S Note file via text or email etc. once it is done. But I am guessing you are wondering if you could create an S Note and once you are done it would appear in your wife's S Note; I am afraid not. It would work if you two were 'sharing' a OneNote file. Or even sharing a OneNote or an EverNote account.

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If your main concern is shopping lists, the "out of Milk" app does that beautifully over all devices linked to the main account. No reason why you cannot create an actionable additional list of massages. And s pen works in the app.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
If you both sync it to the same evernote account or the same Samsung account, you will basically have the same s note on both phones.

But honestly if you want to do that I'd just use evernote and make a list, or some other list app.

Another option would be to just share the note when done making it by hitting "share" and then texting the file to her. It has been my experience though that men think this stuff is way more cool than women and she would just rather you text her a list.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It has been my experience though that men think this stuff is way more cool than women and she would just rather you text her a list.

LOL - after 21 years of marriage I must say that you sir are 100% correct! :)

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I use Google Keep to share lists and such. Works really well and is simple and straight forward to use.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site

Setup a joint OneNote account and have it saved in a OneDrive account. Any note or list either of you write can be instantly synced in the OneNote app on either device. You can add more users to that account at any time. They are free in the Play Store.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
If your main concern is shopping lists, the "out of Milk" app does that beautifully over all devices linked to the main account. No reason why you cannot create an actionable additional list of massages. And s pen works in the app.

This is the correct response.

Tdc02

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I would go with OneNote or Google Keep. Me & my family use OneNote as a joint account and it work perfect for things like you want to do. Sync right away also.

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I use Google Keep to share lists and such. Works really well and is simple and straight forward to use.

This⤴. My wife and I do our shopping lists all the time with keep. One creates the list and shares it with the other. Changes made on either are reflected on the other in seconds.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It has been my experience though that men think this stuff is way more cool than women and she would just rather you text her a list.

LOL - after 21 years of marriage I must say that you sir are 100% correct! :)
LOL! Well, I have to beg to differ here boys as I am a woman and am the techie between me and my hubby of 28 years! I decide what phones we purchase, because I set them up and show him how to use it and unfortunately he doesn't use his phone to the capacity that I do....he just started texting 6 months ago! He does love the S Pen for that!! All in Fun Boys!!!

Last edited:

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
LOL! Well, I have to beg to differ here boys as I am a woman and am the techie between my and my hubby of 28 years! I decide what phones we purchase, because I set them up and show him how to use it and unfortunately he doesn't use his phone to the capacity that I do....he just started texting 6 months ago! He does love the S Pen for that!! All in Fun Boys!!!

Margie, I believe that you are, in fact, an exception to the rule. My wife is exactly as the others "boys" posted, certainly not interested in anything even remotely technical. She just wants a phone she can call people on and a TV she can watch her shows on (she doesn't get the whole HD, UHD thing). Not saying it's a bad thing...just the way it is....I certainly wouldn't trade my wife for anything else in the world!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Thanks for that tip. Sounds like a perfect app for list purpose.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
LOL! Well, I have to beg to differ here boys as I am a woman and am the techie between me and my hubby of 28 years! I decide what phones we purchase, because I set them up and show him how to use it and unfortunately he doesn't use his phone to the capacity that I do....he just started texting 6 months ago! He does love the S Pen for that!! All in Fun Boys!!!

Margie, I believe that you are, in fact, an exception to the rule. My wife is exactly as the others "boys" posted, certainly not interested in anything even remotely technical. She just wants a phone she can call people on and a TV she can watch her shows on (she doesn't get the whole HD, UHD thing). Not saying it's a bad thing...just the way it is....I certainly wouldn't trade my wife for anything else in the world!
lowboydrvr, I hear you, and was just teasing with you guys! Well its awesome that your wife has you to take care of all that for her......my husband wouldn't even use a computer if he didn't have to. He just isn't into gadgets/tech stuff like I am. Thanks for humoring me!

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys (and gal)!

I picked up 2 Note 4's for us yesterday and gave my wife her white one at dinner time - I then took my oldest boy to see the final Hobbit movie last night and when I returned my wife was using Evernote and now wants to stick with that. So I guess I'll have to figure out how to share between Evernote accounts or whatever. I'm actually surprised that she did that all on her own (whether it's good or bad remains to be seen though).

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys (and gal)!

I picked up 2 Note 4's for us yesterday and gave my wife her white one at dinner time - I then took my oldest boy to see the final Hobbit movie last night and when I returned my wife was using Evernote and now wants to stick with that. So I guess I'll have to figure out how to share between Evernote accounts or whatever. I'm actually surprised that she did that all on her own (whether it's good or bad remains to be seen though).
LOL on the "and gal". Congrats on the Note 4's! It is a Fantastic phone I am sure you will both love!

Evernote is Awesome and I think a great choice. I have been using it for years for our company as I share a specific "Notebook" with all our agents that contains specific office branded documents they need to use with clients. Both of you put the app on your phones, I also have the app on my desktop and laptop. It syncs to all. It's very easy to share. All you have to do is create the Notebook (you can have tons of different ones and place anything imaginable in the notebooks) then go to 'share a link' to your wife's email address. You can give a person view rights or edit rights. So if you give each other the edit rights, I think you will be able to accomplish that 'synced' grocery list and SO Much more. Good luck and Enjoy!

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys (and gal)!

Evernote is pretty self explanatory for simple things, but it is also very powerful. You can also send almost anything to it (files, etc), and sharing is easy.

Google keep is probably a better thing for you guys, but if she likes evernote, let her have at it.