Any Previous G3 Owners

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Any of you previously have the G3 and switch to the Note 4? If so why?

Yup. G3 overheated too much; the forced screen dimming when it got hot; camera wasn't as good in low light as the Note 4; screen wasn't as good, and the UI was very laggy. Loved the form and design, but they weren't enough to overcome the flaws.

Posted via the Android Central App

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I switched primarily for the larger screen but have been amazed by the improvements in display, battery life, performance, and signal quality. I now use this device more than my tablets.

Radashack

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
The G3 did not seem to be as stable or intuitive as the Note 4. The camera quality was to me over-rated. I did not like the "circles" themes. The Wi-Fi reception and range were not as good as the S3 or the Note 4. Overall the phone just did not live up to the hype and performance as I was led to believe. The S5 which I gave to my wife after purchasing the G3 I missed almost from the start, and I could not wait until the Note 4 went on sale a few months later. I bought the Note 4 the day it went on sale at Verizon. The only thing good about the G3 was that I was able to get a $183 credit for trading it in.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I switched from G3 to Note 4. The G3 is a great phone. I had no real complaints. It overheated a couple of times was about it. The screen is awesome. Very true to life colors. Some say washed out because they are used to over saturation but it really is a great screen. it is very light weight, but I found it to be somewhat cheap feeling. I moved to the Note because I love the Samsung UI and the Note 4 is miles ahead of any other phone on the market today.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I switched from G3 primarily because of case crack issue.

However, now that I've had the N4 for over a month - honestly much more impressed with it versus the G3 in practically every way..

Battery life is better.
Screen is better.
Camera is better.
A LOT less lag (running nova on both).
Much snappier overall.
Runs cooler.
Much more "useful" for my purposes day to day (I still find new things about it every few days or so).

My only nitpick? Its slightly larger and heavier. And this does get in the way at times.

Highly recommended over the G3.

Flinthills

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
S3 is a great phone. Mine just got old with battery and memory issues. Concerned about the size but the Note 4 was only slightly larger than the S3 in a case. Note 4 is at least 3 times the phone as the S3. I'm using the Note 4 for more jobs than I ever though possible. Love the stylus!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
In this order.

1. Boredom
2. Build Quality
3. Better Display
4. Longer Battery Life
5. I'm one of the few that has no problems with TouchWiz and the Side Control Panel was just brilliant!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm about to join the Note 4 club. I like my G3 but it just feels kind of "blah" to me. I can't quite put my finger on it. I feel like the Note 4 would give me that something extra.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note IV is a beast. I love it but really want to find a tempered glass SP w/out a halo that can be installed at retail. BodyGuardz from the AT&T store may be my only option.

from the venerable Note 3π

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm about to join the Note 4 club. I like my G3 but it just feels kind of "blah" to me. I can't quite put my finger on it. I feel like the Note 4 would give me that something extra.

I felt the same way, so much that I actually traded my g3 to best buy and coughed up the difference for the note 4. Wow, the n4 is leaps and bounds better than the g3 imo.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I felt the same way, so much that I actually traded my g3 to best buy and coughed up the difference for the note 4. Wow, the n4 is leaps and bounds better than the g3 imo.

The G3 to the Note 4 is like comparing a Toyota Camry to a Lexus GS. Both are nice but one is considerably nicer.

from the 🔪 Edge📱