Sitting here listening to music from my Gear S, nice! My note is tethered using BT, WiFi, and 4G. I have to wonder how best to use this set.

The audio, even through BT is LOUD. Much louder than my Note 4. How can that be?
    02-07-2015 09:24 PM
    I have the two, plus the Gear Circle. Work well together.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-07-2015 10:28 PM
    Do you have to pay for another line to get full use out of it, and if so, do they charge you just like another phone. Oh, I have Verizon and unlimited data. I think id be screwed.
    02-07-2015 11:52 PM
    Sitting here listening to music from my Gear S, nice! My note is tethered using BT, WiFi, and 4G. I have to wonder how best to use this set.

The audio, even through BT is LOUD. Much louder than my Note 4. How can that be?
    Yup, I have a Note 4, Gear S, and a Gear Circle. Music thru BT with my Circle and my S is actually louder than with my Circle connected via BT to my Note. Weird but true.

02-08-2015 08:29 PM
    Do you have to pay for another line to get full use out of it, and if so, do they charge you just like another phone. Oh, I have Verizon and unlimited data. I think id be screwed.
    The gear S is like having another phone line. I'm with verizon it cost about $10.00 a monthly. However you can use it like a Bluetooth of you do not want to activate the phone line service.

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4
    02-08-2015 08:31 PM
    yup 10 bucks on At&T and you get a new number, shared data plan.
    02-08-2015 10:41 PM
    $5/month on T-Mobile and it includes unlimited Milk Music. Love it.
    02-16-2015 09:45 PM
    I bought a Gear S tonight from T-Mobile. Costs $5 per month added to my plan. Next on my list is a BT headset. I'm really liking this watch so far.
    02-17-2015 01:15 AM
    I bought a Gear S tonight from T-Mobile. Costs $5 per month added to my plan. Next on my list is a BT headset. I'm really liking this watch so far.
    What I wonder is if you leave your phone at home will you still get text messages from the paired phone on your Gear S.

from the new-old S3⏳
    02-17-2015 01:44 AM
    What I wonder is if you leave your phone at home will you still get text messages from the paired phone on your Gear S.

from the new-old S3⏳
    Only calls. There is an option in Gear Manager to forward calls from the phone to the watch. I just verified that text messages still go to the phone. Only calls get forwarded anyways when you use a forwarding number on your phone. I don't think there is a way to forward actual text messages.
    02-17-2015 01:49 AM
    Only calls. There is an option in Gear Manager to forward calls from the phone to the watch. I just verified that text messages still go to the phone. Only calls get forwarded anyways when you use a forwarding number on your phone. I don't think there is a way to forward actual text messages.
    That's really to bad. That would make me buy a Gear S quick, fast, and in a hurry since I use multiple lines and phones.

from a dark Note 4📡
    02-17-2015 05:48 AM

from the new-old S3⏳
    I just tried this and it DOES work. I disconnected from my phone and used the remote connection setting so that calls are forwarded to the Gear S when I leave the phone at home. I sent a text message to my phone and it was received on my Gear S. You do have to be logged in to your Samsung Account also.

Also, the messaging app on the phone will be switched back to the default messaging app and not any other messaging app that you may have been using such as Google Messenger.
    02-17-2015 06:10 AM
    I just tried this and it DOES work. I disconnected from my phone and used the remote connection setting so that calls are forwarded to the Gear S when I leave the phone at home. I sent a text message to my phone and it was received on my Gear S. You do have to be logged in to your Samsung Account also.

Also, the messaging app on the phone will be switched back to the default messaging app and not any other messaging app that you may have been using such as Google Messenger.
    Oooh, I'm gonna have to at least get one to play with. Oh yea! Are ya sure?

from a dark Note 4📡
    02-17-2015 06:52 AM
    I got the gear s and wore it for like a month. ..now it's just sitting in my gym bag.

girls love tech too
    02-17-2015 07:19 AM
    I don't see one in my future......I never wear a watch so this would be a large waste of money for me.
    02-17-2015 08:44 AM
    I got the gear s and wore it for like a month. ..now it's just sitting in my gym bag.

girls love tech too
    If it's is Verizon I'll buy it.

02-17-2015 10:12 AM
    If it's is Verizon I'll buy it.

It's a tmobile one.

girls love tech too
    02-17-2015 10:20 AM
    It's a tmobile one.

girls love tech too
    t-mobile....how much?

02-17-2015 09:57 PM
    I have a gear 2 right now. I was strongly considering going to the gear s nut since fleksy finally came out for the combo I decided to keep it. I have a 3 month return policy though and I've had it since Christmas. Got till March. If I just want the device can't I just put my Sim card in it and use it with my number?

02-18-2015 12:39 AM
    If I just want the device can't I just put my Sim card in it and use it with my number?

Yeahps.

from a dark Note 4📡
    02-18-2015 02:04 AM
    The more I use this watch, the more I love it. You can enable Swype keyboard and then the keyboard is actually useful in typing out a text message. It is very accurate on such a small keyboard, otherwise without Swype, it is useless. I was able to type out a reply using my left hand and I'm right handed but I wear the watch on my right hand.

I also tried putting my sim card from my iPhone 5S into the watch and it worked perfectly. I have the $30, 100 minute, 5GB data plan on that phone. I just thought I would try it although I added the watches plan to my T-Mobile unlimited family plan so I am only paying $5 for unlimited minutes and texts. Just mentioning this for those who may be interested.
    02-18-2015 09:09 AM