02-14-2015 09:39 PM
68 123
tools
    I can't say that the Note 4 is superior to the iPhone 6+ because I never tried or owned a 6+ but I will say that the Note 4 is superior to my iPhone 5S in every way.
    Idk based off my use if my iPad and note 4 if any is superior. Each platforms has its advantages and Tbh I would be happy with either an iPhone 6 plus or note 4.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    shief24 likes this.
    02-11-2015 07:10 PM
    Idk based off my use if my iPad and note 4 if any is superior. Each platforms has its advantages and Tbh I would be happy with either an iPhone 6 plus or note 4.

While the iPhone 6+ hardware is nice and I love the way the phone feels in my hand the software is just so comparatively... simple. I'm into tweaking the appearance of my android phones and that's something you just can't do in iOS without jailbreaking and there's no jailbreak for 8.1.3 yet. Apple stopped signing 8.1.2 so I can't even roll back to that so I can jailbreak. That means I'm gonna have to be patient and wait for an 8.1.3 jailbreak... Patience. Something me not so good at.

from a dark Note 4๐Ÿ“ก
    02-11-2015 07:38 PM

To get widgets in iOS, they can only be enabled in the pull down. On Android, they display on any screen you want and in any position on that screen and the same goes for apps icons. I can place them in any position and there can be spaces in between. I have one app that has a widget of the moon phases. It shows up as the moon on my screen and changes to reflect whatever the phase of the moon is. Can't do that on iOS.

I have some apps that are Android only because iOS just doesn't allow the functionality that they are able to do on Android.

There are just so many things that I can do on my Note 4 and Nexus 7 that I just can't get my iPhone/iPad to do. Yesterday in another post, I mentioned that I wouldn't mind getting an iPhone 6+ soon just to have but then I remember that people on the various iPhone forums are still complaining that many apps STILL haven't been updated to fit the iPhone 6+ screen size. I still have a few apps that were never updated to fit my iPhone 5S screen size. I gave up and deleted those and some of them I paid money for.
    02-12-2015 02:08 AM
    To get widgets in iOS, they can only be enabled in the pull down. On Android, they display on any screen you want and in any position on that screen and the same goes for apps icons. I can place them in any position and there can be spaces in between. I have one app that has a widget of the moon phases. It shows up as the moon on my screen and changes to reflect whatever the phase of the moon is. Can't do that on iOS.

I have some apps that are Android only because iOS just doesn't allow the functionality that they are able to do on Android.

There are just so many things that I can do on my Note 4 and Nexus 7 that I just can't get my iPhone/iPad to do. Yesterday in another post, I mentioned that I wouldn't mind getting an iPhone 6+ soon just to have but then I remember that people on the various iPhone forums are still complaining that many apps STILL haven't been updated to fit the iPhone 6+ screen size. I still have a few apps that were never updated to fit my iPhone 5S screen size. I gave up and deleted those and some of them I paid money for.

I really don't care for any of that ....at this point of my life either is fine for me . I currently own a Samsung Galaxy note 4 and Apple iPad Air 2 cellular model. I love them both equally . Yeah it don't have widgets on screen but IDC I barely use them as it is . I only use an Amazon one they give you on Verizon , weather widget, Google play widget and Google sound search that's like shazam .

Seriously I don't get why people like you and the other guy who quoted me need to defend Android till their death since it's all just preferences ....I love my iPad and android phone .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-12-2015 02:12 AM
    Well, we are in an android-centric forum. Down the street at iMore they enthusiastically defend iOS.

from a dark Note 4๐Ÿ“ก
    02-12-2015 04:01 AM
    Well, we are in an android-centric forum. Down the street at iMore they enthusiastically defend iOS.

from a dark Note 4๐Ÿ“ก
    There's a difference between disliking ios and attacking it.

02-12-2015 08:28 AM
    There's a difference between disliking ios and attacking it.

I do neither. However, it's not atypical for members here to attack iOS. Since iOS is not a living feeling entity its feelings can't be hurt so attacks against it shouldn't be seen as personal attacks that somehow offend unless someone writes "iOS users are mean people that are cruel to animals." or some such nonsense.

That's just my takeaway.

โ€ข from the i6+ ๐Ÿœ โ€ข
    02-12-2015 08:38 AM
    I do neither. However, it's not atypical for members here to attack iOS. Since iOS is not a living feeling entity its feelings can't be hurt so attacks against it shouldn't be seen as personal attacks that somehow offend unless someone writes "iOS users are mean people that are cruel to animals or some such nonsense."

That's just my takeaway.

It's OK to dislike ios but there is plenty of people who like both. Some people use android because that's all they can afford. Attacking ios is just another story... Just how android gives us choices in what kind if phone do we want from plastic with metal band phones (note 4), to all metal phones (HTC m8) or all plastic phones (nexus 5) or all cheap plastic phones (Samsung older phones like s4). The same way we have choices for android phones people have the choice to like ios or Android. We live in a wonderful world where we can choose which mobile os is good for them

02-12-2015 08:43 AM
    I don't think anyone was attacking iOS here.
    02-12-2015 08:49 AM
    I love my Note 4, I really do. I'm a phone who*e and for whatever reason it always seems I am able to commit much much longer to a Note device than any other. I like many other android users love to customize my device. In fact i've been using Nova Prime on it since its beginning. I've owned iPhones in the past and I really appreciate the UI fluidity and overall reliability BUT I get bored sooooo quickly. Even switching to a pure android device can be a little mundane. I take full advantage of about 60% of the features (which is a lot)

Is the Note 4 superior to the 6+, you bet you arse it is (to me anyway) after all it is an i- "phone" , calling a Note a phone is a sin that could potentially d*mn you to h*ll.
    02-12-2015 09:07 AM
    It's OK to dislike ios but there is plenty of people who like both. Some people use android because that's all they can afford. Attacking ios is just another story... Just how android gives us choices in what kind if phone do we want from plastic with metal band phones (note 4), to all metal phones (HTC m8) or all plastic phones (nexus 5) or all cheap plastic phones (Samsung older phones like s4). The same way we have choices for android phones people have the choice to like ios or Android. We live in a wonderful world where we can choose which mobile os is good for them

I am still happy to be able to use iOS and android as I feel the urge. Some enthusiasts identity closely with their chosen platform and dislike others vehemently for whatever reason, such is life.

02-12-2015 09:10 AM
    I love my Note 4, I really do. I'm a phone who*e and for whatever reason it always seems I am able to commit much much longer to a Note device than any other. I like many other android users love to customize my device. In fact i've been using Nova Prime on it since its beginning. I've owned iPhones in the past and I really appreciate the UI fluidity and overall reliability BUT I get bored sooooo quickly. Even switching to a pure android device can be a little mundane. I take full advantage of about 60% of the features (which is a lot)

Is the Note 4 superior to the 6+, you bet you arse it is (to me anyway) after all it is an i- "phone" , calling a Note a phone is a sin that could potentially d*mn you to h*ll.
    The note 4 is a phone like any other ....

02-12-2015 09:24 AM
    The note 4 is a phone like any other ....

lol, you're playing with fire my man

I would like to go on record and say that ios is great for my 3 year old and 80 year old grandparents
    02-12-2015 09:37 AM
    lol, you're playing with fire my man

I would like to go on record and say that ios is great for my 3 year old and 80 year old grandparents
    The note 4 is a phone though ....nothing omg I must have ....considering getting a nexus 6 still even with a note 4

02-12-2015 09:39 AM
    The note 4 is a phone though ....nothing omg I must have ....considering getting a nexus 6 still even with a note 4

I did that...got a Nexus 6 while having a Note 4. I preferred the Note because I've found I am not a fan of stock android and I had to root the Nexus just to do minor-seeming things like change the font. Then there's no replaceable battery for when the battery finally doesn't charge well (if you keep your phones awhile, which I generally do not, this could matter to you). The Nexus doesn't have that SD card and you have to decide if that's meaningful.

Otherwise, IMO, the Nexus 6 is by far the best Nexus to date and even has a stellar camera to go along with that amazing display and powerful front-facing speakers. It is huge though. Huge.

02-12-2015 09:49 AM

While I will agree that to some degree the note is a device similar to others, i completely disagree with the notion that its "just a phone"

I cant remember the last time I picked up my remote control to make a phone call.

Outside of work, the phone app may be the least used on my DEVICE.
    02-12-2015 10:23 AM
    While I will agree that to some degree the note is a device similar to others, i completely disagree with the notion that its "just a phone"

I cant remember the last time I picked up my remote control to make a phone call.

People actually use that remote thingy ...there's even an app for it ? Lol

It's a phone just as much as nexus 6 iPhone and etc

02-12-2015 10:24 AM

That remote app actually made my Comcast service usable. The program guide that Comcast has sucks. It displays two channels at a time and then you have to page down. The remote app shows a full screen of channels and you just scroll down to see more. Tap a channel and it changes to that channel on my cable box.

That app is the best thing to happen to phones since the phone was invented,
    02-12-2015 10:39 AM

I use the IR Blaster on the daily, it's setup to control my TV, Soundbar, Blu-Ray player, and Comcast top box. It is a great great luxury. The nexus 6 and 6+ dont take advantage of the screen real-estate like the Note series always has.

if someone was looking for a phone to use as a phone, I would strongly recommend getting a starTAC
    02-12-2015 10:43 AM
    I use the IR Blaster on the daily, it's setup to control my TV, Soundbar, Blu-Ray player, and Comcast top box. It is a great great luxury. The nexus 6 and 6+ dont take advantage of the screen real-estate like the Note series always has.

if someone was looking for a phone to use as a phone, I would strongly recommend getting a starTAC
    Meh I use my Xbox one to navigate my tv and far as real estate on my screen I don't use the s pen ... Even if I didn't use my Xbox I always preferred real remotes over that crap which I tried on the s4

02-12-2015 10:58 AM
    That remote app actually made my Comcast service usable. The program guide that Comcast has sucks. It displays two channels at a time and then you have to page down. The remote app shows a full screen of channels and you just scroll down to see more. Tap a channel and it changes to that channel on my cable box.

That app is the best thing to happen to phones since the phone was invented,
    Well I have time Warner cable and find the remote cumbersome to use on the s4 at least . I have yet to find the app on the note 4 . ....then again they didn't even install Galaxy App Store either

02-12-2015 10:59 AM
    Well I have time Warner cable and find the remote cumbersome to use on the s4 at least . I have yet to find the app on the note 4 . ....then again they didn't even install Galaxy App Store either

For me all of my remotes are combined into one extremely user friendly remote. Having 3 or 4 remotes at hand is a real pain. Especially when your toddler likes to hide them in your sub-woofer.
    02-12-2015 11:28 AM
    See this is my problem with ios fans and many of the techie sites like Engadget and BGR. There's this image that Apple attempts to create that because their phones are priced expensive, it's what the rich and more affluent prefer. I whole heartedly disagree. The top end Android headsets like the M8 and Note 4 are tailored to the same crowds as iphones. Android is not a cheaper platform--unless you are going for the moto X or some other base model.

I think it's time for Android to embrace being premium and marketing to the more advanced, affluent users. I think Samsung's marketing campaign does a good job of that.
    02-12-2015 03:00 PM
    See this is my problem with ios fans and many of the techie sites like Engadget and BGR. There's this image that Apple attempts to create that because their phones are priced expensive, it's what the rich and more affluent prefer. I whole heartedly disagree. The top end Android headsets like the M8 and Note 4 are tailored to the same crowds as iphones. Android is not a cheaper platform--unless you are going for the moto X or some other base model.

I think it's time for Android to embrace being premium and marketing to the more advanced, affluent users. I think Samsung's marketing campaign does a good job of that.
    I would hardly call the Moto X a "base" model while considering the M8 "premium".

from the venerable Note 3ฯ€ ๐Ÿ“ฑโœ’
    spotnjack likes this.
    02-12-2015 03:16 PM

Agreed. At work, I almost forget this thing is a smartphone. Outside of work, I almost forget this thing has a phone app on it.
    02-12-2015 03:19 PM
68 123