02-14-2015 08:39 PM
68 123
tools
    Yea that was mistake. I meant to say the Moto G. The moto X is a great phone. Too bad its not on Sprint.
    02-12-2015 05:50 PM
    The note 4 is a phone like any other ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wait......what? It makes phone calls too? With everything else it does I almost forgot!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    02-12-2015 07:32 PM
    Wait......what? It makes phone calls too? With everything else it does I almost forgot!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    Like any other phone ....those phones can do the same thing minus the pen

02-12-2015 07:32 PM
    Like any other phone ....those phones can do the same thing minus the pen

A Moto X and many other devices cannot do what a Note 4 can do. No heart rate sensor, no replaceable battery, and no SD card. Some phones can do some of the things a Note 4 can do but I can't think of any other device, except the Note Edge, that can do everything it does.

The Note 3, Note 4 and the Note Edge are really in a class by themselves.

• from the i6+ 🐜 •
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    02-12-2015 07:39 PM
    Like Closingracer, I split the difference to get the best of both worlds. I have a Samsung Note 4 and an Apple iPad Air. I find the Air is a better tablet than the Android equivalents.

I never went with an iPhone originally because I like the phablet form factor. There was no large iPhone a few years back, so I went with the Note 2 at the time.. I really liked the 2, so I moved up to a Note 4 when I decided to upgrade.

Plus... There are a few apps I use that only run on one OS. Some are tied to iOS and others to Android. So, with both devices I can run them all.
    02-12-2015 09:04 PM
    A Moto X and many other devices cannot do what a Note 4 can do. No heart rate sensor, no replaceable battery, and no SD card. Some phones can do some of the things a Note 4 can do but I can't think of any other device, except the Note Edge, that can do everything it does.

The Note 3, Note 4 and the Note Edge are really in a class by themselves.

• from the i6+ •

Cool a heart rate sensor ? Because I always wanted one ...

02-12-2015 09:30 PM
    Having an extra battery has saved me many times.
    Thanks to the great posts in this thread, I'm anxious to get the Note 4.
    02-13-2015 12:57 AM
    Having an extra battery has saved me many times.
    Thanks to the great posts in this thread, I'm anxious to get the Note 4.
    I think you'll love it.

from the 🔪 Note Edge✒
    02-13-2015 04:39 AM
    I have both phones and honestly both are amazing. They each run a different OS so .. each has positives and negatives .
    02-13-2015 11:21 AM
    Glad I at least helped influence someone out there

Honestly, after having about 6 different Android phones in the last 2 years, I can easily say the Note 4 is the most complete phone out there. It really combines the best of all worlds....unless you want/need ios.
    02-14-2015 12:38 AM
    Glad I at least helped influence someone out there

Honestly, after having about 6 different Android phones in the last 2 years, I can easily say the Note 4 is the most complete phone out there. It really combines the best of all worlds....unless you want/need ios.
    Most complete? I would argue the nexus 6 is just as good if not better ..

02-14-2015 07:51 AM
    Most complete? I would argue the nexus 6 is just as good if not better ..

The NeXuS 6, while very nice and the best NeXuS to date lacks a fingerprint scanner, heart rate scanner, SD card, replaceable battery, and other minimal tech. That coupled with regular reports of modest battery life on the NeXuS would lead many to believe that only in the rarest of stretches could it be seen as "better" than a Note 4.

I've auditioned the Nexus and I have a Note 4. That somewhat modest battery life is largely why I don't still have the otherwise great NeXuS 6. Now, if the NeXuS 6's battery was as good or better than say, an iPhone 6+...well...it'd be a huge recommendation and an absolute killer with its dramatic screen and killer stereo front-facing speakers.

• 🍎 iPhablet 6+ 🐛 •
    carlos12001 likes this.
    02-14-2015 08:01 AM
    The NeXuS 6, while very nice and the best NeXuS to date lacks a fingerprint scanner, heart rate scanner, SD card, replaceable battery, and other minimal tech. That coupled with regular reports of modest battery life on the NeXuS would lead many to believe that only in the rarest of stretches could it be seen as "better" than a Note 4.

• iPhablet 6+ •
    I wouldn't call the fingerprint scanner and heart rate sensed features but more of crappy gimmicks . The only fingerprint scanner that works is Apple's iPhone and iPad ones . You get updates faster and a more cleaner look of android as well and from what I've seen of the android 5.0 update for the note 4 so far it's a horrible mess in terms of how to mute your phone which is an article on android central

02-14-2015 08:06 AM
    I wouldn't call the fingerprint scanner and heart rate sensed features but more of crappy gimmicks . The only fingerprint scanner that works is Apple's iPhone and iPad ones . You get updates faster and a more cleaner look of android as well and from what I've seen of the android 5.0 update for the note 4 so far it's a horrible mess in terms of how to mute your phone which is an article on android central

The benefit of that stock look of NeXuS is purely subjective, as is the benefit of cutting edge updates. I am not alone in disliking stock android and, IME, updates, like Lollipop are absolutely nothing to be excited about. It's a "different strokes" scenario, but as I said, the 6 is the best NeXuS yet. I gotta be honest I love my Note Edge and Note 4 but appreciate that that doesn't mean everyone else should.

• 🍎 iPhablet 6+ 🐛 •
    carlos12001 likes this.
    02-14-2015 08:10 AM
    The benefit of that stock look of NeXuS is purely subjective, as is the benefit of cutting edge updates. I am not alone in disliking stock android and, IME, updates, like Lollipop are absolutely nothing to be excited about. It's a "different strokes" scenario, but as I said, the 6 is the best NeXuS yet. I gotta be honest I love my Note Edge and Note 4 but appreciate that that doesn't mean everyone else should.

• iPhablet 6+ •
    I like the extra things that TouchWiz allows us to do in the Note 4. Also, getting the latest updates isn't all that's it's cracked up to be especially having owned a Nexus 4 and 7 and still do. Often the releases are filled with bugs and in the case of the Nexus 7, the 5.0 release slowed the Nexus 7 down so bad. I still don't have Lollipop on my Nexus 7 because I am afraid of what it will do. As for the old Nexus 4 running Lollipop, I've put it away in it's box now and I'll probably never use it again because I have two much better phones running KitKat.
    02-14-2015 09:43 AM

• iPhablet 6+ •
    I like the extra things that TouchWiz allows us to do in the Note 4. Also, getting the latest updates isn't all that's it's cracked up to be especially having owned a Nexus 4 and 7 and still do. Often the releases are filled with bugs and in the case of the Nexus 7, the 5.0 release slowed the Nexus 7 down so bad. I still don't have Lollipop on my Nexus 7 because I am afraid of what it will do. As for the old Nexus 4 running Lollipop, I've put it away in it's box now and I'll probably never use it again because I have two much better phones running KitKat.

And I do use the pedometer and heart rate monitor every day. I walk several miles at my job every day and I like to see just how much I do walk.
    rong21 likes this.
    02-14-2015 09:43 AM
    Funny you should mention the finger print scanner on the note 4. While I will admit that the fingerprint scanner on iPhone is superior as you only have to lay your thumb or finger directly on it, the swipe scanner in the note 4 vastly improved. It's clear that Sammy tried to change some of the frustrating aspects of the s5 scanner. It usually only takes me one swipe unless my finger is wet or very very cold.
    02-14-2015 09:56 AM
    That remote app actually made my Comcast service usable. The program guide that Comcast has sucks. It displays two channels at a time and then you have to page down. The remote app shows a full screen of channels and you just scroll down to see more. Tap a channel and it changes to that channel on my cable box.

That app is the best thing to happen to phones since the phone was invented,
    Press the guide button, the whole screen shows what's on.

Sent from my glorious note 4.
    02-14-2015 08:39 PM
68 123