Let's give Sammy credit when credit is due. The Note 4 is superior to the 6 Plus

NYClawstudent

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So I had the fortune of having an opportunity to test out an Iphone 6 Plus for about 2 weeks before I switched back to android and got myself a Note 4.

Here are my quick thoughts:
1) Ios is not really optimized for a 5.5 inch screen. Yes, the phone has a landscape mode--and yes it's nice in emails and a few other applications. But other than that, several applications look terrible on the 6 plus (I'm looking at you Twitter). I'm sure in several months, developers will begin optimizing their apps for the larger screen size.
2) the S pen really makes a difference. While some may dismiss it as simple tech useless nonsense---I wholeheartedly disagree. I find myself taking notes during phone calls, marking up notes and creating shopping lists. I think Samsung did a great job optimizing the new S-pen look and feel when its removed from the phone.
3) rapid charge is amazing. While the 6 Plus charged in a decent amount of time (usually about an hour), the Note 4 has one of the fastest chargers out there. Kudos to Sammy on this one.
4) Touchwiz finally feels lag-free and somewhat useful. I've had an S3, S4, S5, Note II, and Note 3 at various times and I just never liked Touchwiz. Strangely, on the Note 4, Sammy did much better removing a lot of the bloatware and useless stuff we don't use. Im a huge fan of the settings menu and ability to quickly toggle through the main applications and tabs.
5) Lastly, for a 5.7 inch phone, the Note 4 still feels better and fits in your hand better than the large bezels of the 6 plus. There would be times where just holding the 6 plus while reading wasn't comfortable. The Note 4 feels good in the hand.

These are my thoughts for now. Yes, Im excited to be back to Android----after giving Ios a run again. But honestly, I feel like Samsung is at their prime right now. I expect big things from the soon to be announced S6. :cool:

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean ios instead of los?

I = i, L = l. As you can see, there is no real way to tell whether OP typed "i" or "L" since the upper case "i" looks exactly the same as the lower case "L". The lower case "L" does seem slightly taller, though. But, since they're not side by side, it's hard to tell (example: Ill = ill).

Just a thought. 😆

Posted via the Android Central App on my bodaciously awesome Note 4!

dnangel_95

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
As you can see, there is no real way to tell whether OP typed "i" or "L" since the upper case "i" looks exactly the same as the lower case "L". The lower case "L" does seem slightly taller, though. But, since they're not side by side, it's hard to tell

Actually there is. The simplest way to tell if "i" or "l" was entered, all you have to do is use the browser's search function and try both.

Anywaaaay! Thank you for that nice short review NYClawstudent.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I just used this new thing called "common sense" and it's friend "logic" to deduce he was saying "ios" as the discussion was about the iPhone 6+.

Carved in place by my Note 4.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't say that the Note 4 is superior to the iPhone 6+ because I never tried or owned a 6+ but I will say that the Note 4 is superior to my iPhone 5S in every way.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Ascii dec 73 is I and ascii dec 105 is l, there is a difference, out of context they look identical. Grammatically I would be more correct than i sort of.

Tremendous difference in proprietary burned in the technology, for that I will choose Samsung regardless what apple offers up.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I can't say that the Note 4 is superior to the iPhone 6+ because I never tried or owned a 6+ but I will say that the Note 4 is superior to my iPhone 5S in every way.

I agree with that, I've never owned an I-something but I will say this to me that Note 4 - especially rooted - is superior to every phone I've owned before it. My transformer is now only used for quick office on the go stuff. Absolutely loving this phone

If this phone would be 5,2 inches it would be like heaven.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
5s + larger screen and new body + Apple Pay = 6+

;)

Other than the larger screen and a few optimized apps. 6+ isn't much of an upgrade IMHO.

Posted via the Android Central App

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used a 6+ before, but I do have an iphone 5 for work and my old S3 was superior to it even though it came out first.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Being that you posted this at an Android centric forum, I am sure you will get plenty of people to agree with you.
On the other hand, arguing a "preference" is like, well.....Coke or Pepsi, Chevy or Ford, etc.

Brian McMahon

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Both phones have there strong points and bad points, personally I have both as I have a 6+ which is my work phone and my Note 4 for personal use. I prefer using the note 4 for almost everything I do and if I had the choice I would have had another one for my work phone but the boss like's apple. I just love seeing the look on his face when I divert most of my calls and emails through the note.

ios is stagnating and the 6+ isn't a big upgrade from the 5s, The Note series definitely improve with every new generation and the S pen is a big game changer, touchwiz though is finally starting to work the way it should and I just think the Note 4 is probably the best Android phone I've ever used.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
is there any real difference between iPhones other than screen size and a couple of other things? Seems to me no matter if it's an iPad or iPhone you get the same basic iOS that can't be modified. On the + side it's stable and snappy but that's about it. My iPad mini 2 is a great, well built boring tablet. it does what I need to to do and does it well. That's about it. I can't modify much of anything.

Brian McMahon

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
is there any real difference between iPhones other than screen size and a couple of other things? Seems to me no matter if it's an iPad or iPhone you get the same basic iOS that can't be modified. On the + side it's stable and snappy but that's about it. My iPad mini 2 is a great, well built boring tablet. it does what I need to to do and does it well. That's about it. I can't modify much of anything.

Nothing changes from phone to iPad etc, basically the same across all mobile and tablet os. That may change with the iPad pro that is rumoured but even osx is limited compared to other os

shief24

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree some apps aren't optimized for the screen but as days go by developers are updating their apps to fit the screen better. IMO twitter looks fine on the 6+. I liked having the S Pen on my note 3 but for my personal use it was rarely used more than a couple of times a week. The iPhone also supports rapid charging if you charge it with an iPad charger or if you charge it in your computer. I can get a full charge in under an hour. I wouldn't call the bezels of the 6+ large by any means but like everything else in my post and the op's it is up to preference.

I had the note 3 and loved the software (i.e split screen) and thought it was a great phone so I can only imagine that the note 4 would be an improvement. I switched to the note 4 after being with android for about 4 years (Samsung s2, note 2, htc one m7, note 3, moto x) and I think I am okay with iOS for now. It's just all up to preference if you ask me so I hope no one yells at me for having a different opinion. :p

lbskate74

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I agree some apps aren't optimized for the screen but as days go by developers are updating their apps to fit the screen better. IMO twitter looks fine on the 6+. I liked having the S Pen on my note 3 but for my personal use it was rarely used more than a couple of times a week. The iPhone also supports rapid charging if you charge it with an iPad charger or if you charge it in your computer. I can get a full charge in under an hour. I wouldn't call the bezels of the 6+ large by any means but like everything else in my post and the op's it is up to preference.

I had the note 3 and loved the software (i.e split screen) and thought it was a great phone so I can only imagine that the note 4 would be an improvement. I switched to the note 4 after being with android for about 4 years (Samsung s2, note 2, htc one m7, note 3, moto x) and I think I am okay with iOS for now. It's just all up to preference if you ask me so I hope no one yells at me for having a different opinion. :p

I did the same thing as you did but for about 1 year with Android. I did not buy an iPhone but I bought an iPad, which should not be that different besides size, and I liked iOS as well for about 3-4 months. After that though, I would never get an Apple product as they are too restricted. I'm not bashing you and you should enjoy your iPhone, but going back to Android was the best thing for me.

shief24

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I did the same thing as you did but for about 1 year with Android. I did not buy an iPhone but I bought an iPad, which should not be that different besides size, and I liked iOS as well for about 3-4 months. After that though, I would never get an Apple product as they are too restricted. I'm not bashing you and you should enjoy your iPhone, but going back to Android was the best thing for me.

Yeah maybe one day there will be a phone to lure me back but I am deep into the Apple ecosystem so everything works well together. (Apple Tv, Macbook, iTunes match, iPhone, etc) Once I saw that Apple released a phone with a larger screen and I can finally change my keyboard I was sold because I've always appreciated iOS. I have also jailbroken my 6+ for more customization. Anyway me and you are just two examples of how great it is to have options to choose from as consumers and it seems like you got the device for you! I always keep my eye on android news just to see what is changing.

NYClawstudent

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Of course my comments are my own personal opinion. But with the recent success and publicity the 6 Plus has received in the last several months, I'm astounded that its been crowned as the best phablet. Aside from a landscape mode and optimized camera, I dont think the 6 Plus deserves its status as a true phablet. It's simply a larger screen with very few apps that utilize the space. Even more questionable is the boring look that Ios 8 has. There hasn't been any real evolution in the ios look and feel for over a year now.

Im very pleased with the progress of Android's material design and Touchwiz.

I also picked up a 6 plus to give ios one last shot. I previously had the iphone 5 s and the small screen killed it for me. Quite simply, 4 inches is not enough real estate for a power user like me.

All in all, I am very pleased with my decision to return to android after my HTC M8, which was glitchy and had some issues.