Let's give Sammy credit when credit is due. The Note 4 is superior to the 6 Plus

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Having both the 6+ and the Note 4 I can say that, for me, the Note 4 is superior. That partly because I've just come to prefer Android to iOS but iOS is refreshing in it's simplicity sometimes. I prefer the 6+ camera but the Note 4's is still very competent. The S Pen gives the Note 4 an extremely unfair advantage too but who says life is fair?

from a dark Note 4📡

NYClawstudent

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the its the "simplicity" of ios that I find so frustrating. It's almost like apple says its their way on the highway. Why cant i customize applications and my home page set up more. Why do I have to dive into the general settings for everything.

And the bottom swipe up for the music player and widgets is so frustrating. It only works half the time.

Lastly, I dont agree with critics who always say that ios apps look better. I actually prefer the way several major apps like instagram, NY times, pandora, etc. look in Android. Again I realize this is just a preference.

I do like the ios default email system better. But we get native G-mail which is amazing for those who have been using it since the early college days (i.e. me).

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the its the "simplicity" of ios that I find so frustrating. It's almost like apple says its their way on the highway. Why cant i customize applications and my home page set up more. Why do I have to dive into the general settings for everything.

And the bottom swipe up for the music player and widgets is so frustrating. It only works half the time.

Lastly, I dont agree with critics who always say that ios apps look better. I actually prefer the way several major apps like instagram, NY times, pandora, etc. look in Android. Again I realize this is just a preference.

I do like the ios default email system better. But we get native G-mail which is amazing for those who have been using it since the early college days (i.e. me).

Two years ago I would have said that i preferred most iOS apps that I use over the Android versions. Many of the Android versions were just plain ugly. Since then, so many of my favorite Android apps were updated and some have many more useful features built in over the iOS versions that I rarely reach for my iPad anymore. My iPad is actually on 5 days standby right now and that is because of how little I have used it this week. That wouldn't have happened a year ago.

Android has come a long way in the two years I've owned Android devices.

anon(8413510)

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
After a disaster of of owning a note 3 for a year and samsung +( mediamarkt) giving me the runaround with a defective note 3 I was totally put off of Android and jumped ship to Apple and purchased an iPhone 6plus. Whilst it was an OK phone I found IOS too restricted and to be honest totally boring. I Also felt that the 6plus was not optimised to take advantage of the size of screen on the 6 plus. Also it sufferd a lot of lag especially using any browser not just safari.
I managed to sell it for 80 euro less than I paid for it so I didn't lose much on it and decided to give samsung note 4 a try. Glad that I did as the note 4 blows the 6 plus out the water.
I have even stuck to using just plain old touchwiz on my note 4 as it's really good.
Only thing I worry about is samsungs customer service if my phone develops a fault, as last time it took me 9 months to finally get a faulty note 3 exchanged.
?

Tim Crowley

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
When I bought my Note 4; I was really planning to get the 6Plus to replace my iPhone 5S.

I had used every iPhone from the very first and had only dabbled in any of the android phones. I looked at the 6Plus several times and looked at several Android models.

I really feel in love with the Note 4. I love the S pen, I love the feel. I don't think I can live without a removable battery anymore. 3 gigs of ram vs. 1? It really wasn't a hard choice at all.

I'm stilling loving the Note 4 and agree it's a superior phone to the 6+. There are some things I miss with the IPhone, but as I learn new ways to work with Android those issues lessen. I for one, am very happy with my choice. Note 4 for the win.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I can't say that the Note 4 is superior to the iPhone 6+ because I never tried or owned a 6+ but I will say that the Note 4 is superior to my iPhone 5S in every way.
Idk based off my use if my iPad and note 4 if any is superior. Each platforms has its advantages and Tbh I would be happy with either an iPhone 6 plus or note 4.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Idk based off my use if my iPad and note 4 if any is superior. Each platforms has its advantages and Tbh I would be happy with either an iPhone 6 plus or note 4.

While the iPhone 6+ hardware is nice and I love the way the phone feels in my hand the software is just so comparatively... simple. I'm into tweaking the appearance of my android phones and that's something you just can't do in iOS without jailbreaking and there's no jailbreak for 8.1.3 yet. Apple stopped signing 8.1.2 so I can't even roll back to that so I can jailbreak. That means I'm gonna have to be patient and wait for an 8.1.3 jailbreak... Patience. Something me not so good at.

from a dark Note 4📡

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

To get widgets in iOS, they can only be enabled in the pull down. On Android, they display on any screen you want and in any position on that screen and the same goes for apps icons. I can place them in any position and there can be spaces in between. I have one app that has a widget of the moon phases. It shows up as the moon on my screen and changes to reflect whatever the phase of the moon is. Can't do that on iOS.

I have some apps that are Android only because iOS just doesn't allow the functionality that they are able to do on Android.

There are just so many things that I can do on my Note 4 and Nexus 7 that I just can't get my iPhone/iPad to do. Yesterday in another post, I mentioned that I wouldn't mind getting an iPhone 6+ soon just to have but then I remember that people on the various iPhone forums are still complaining that many apps STILL haven't been updated to fit the iPhone 6+ screen size. I still have a few apps that were never updated to fit my iPhone 5S screen size. I gave up and deleted those and some of them I paid money for.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
To get widgets in iOS, they can only be enabled in the pull down. On Android, they display on any screen you want and in any position on that screen and the same goes for apps icons. I can place them in any position and there can be spaces in between. I have one app that has a widget of the moon phases. It shows up as the moon on my screen and changes to reflect whatever the phase of the moon is. Can't do that on iOS.

I have some apps that are Android only because iOS just doesn't allow the functionality that they are able to do on Android.

There are just so many things that I can do on my Note 4 and Nexus 7 that I just can't get my iPhone/iPad to do. Yesterday in another post, I mentioned that I wouldn't mind getting an iPhone 6+ soon just to have but then I remember that people on the various iPhone forums are still complaining that many apps STILL haven't been updated to fit the iPhone 6+ screen size. I still have a few apps that were never updated to fit my iPhone 5S screen size. I gave up and deleted those and some of them I paid money for.

I really don't care for any of that ....at this point of my life either is fine for me . I currently own a Samsung Galaxy note 4 and Apple iPad Air 2 cellular model. I love them both equally . Yeah it don't have widgets on screen but IDC I barely use them as it is . I only use an Amazon one they give you on Verizon , weather widget, Google play widget and Google sound search that's like shazam .

Seriously I don't get why people like you and the other guy who quoted me need to defend Android till their death since it's all just preferences ....I love my iPad and android phone .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There's a difference between disliking ios and attacking it.

I do neither. However, it's not atypical for members here to attack iOS. Since iOS is not a living feeling entity its feelings can't be hurt so attacks against it shouldn't be seen as personal attacks that somehow offend unless someone writes "iOS users are mean people that are cruel to animals." or some such nonsense.

That's just my takeaway.

• from the i6+ 🐜

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I do neither. However, it's not atypical for members here to attack iOS. Since iOS is not a living feeling entity its feelings can't be hurt so attacks against it shouldn't be seen as personal attacks that somehow offend unless someone writes "iOS users are mean people that are cruel to animals or some such nonsense."

That's just my takeaway.

• from the i6+ 🐜
It's OK to dislike ios but there is plenty of people who like both. Some people use android because that's all they can afford. Attacking ios is just another story... Just how android gives us choices in what kind if phone do we want from plastic with metal band phones (note 4), to all metal phones (HTC m8) or all plastic phones (nexus 5) or all cheap plastic phones (Samsung older phones like s4). The same way we have choices for android phones people have the choice to like ios or Android. We live in a wonderful world where we can choose which mobile os is good for them

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I love my Note 4, I really do. I'm a phone who*e and for whatever reason it always seems I am able to commit much much longer to a Note device than any other. I like many other android users love to customize my device. In fact i've been using Nova Prime on it since its beginning. I've owned iPhones in the past and I really appreciate the UI fluidity and overall reliability BUT I get bored sooooo quickly. Even switching to a pure android device can be a little mundane. I take full advantage of about 60% of the features (which is a lot)

Is the Note 4 superior to the 6+, you bet you arse it is (to me anyway) after all it is an i- "phone" , calling a Note a phone is a sin that could potentially d*mn you to h*ll.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It's OK to dislike ios but there is plenty of people who like both. Some people use android because that's all they can afford. Attacking ios is just another story... Just how android gives us choices in what kind if phone do we want from plastic with metal band phones (note 4), to all metal phones (HTC m8) or all plastic phones (nexus 5) or all cheap plastic phones (Samsung older phones like s4). The same way we have choices for android phones people have the choice to like ios or Android. We live in a wonderful world where we can choose which mobile os is good for them

I am still happy to be able to use iOS and android as I feel the urge. Some enthusiasts identity closely with their chosen platform and dislike others vehemently for whatever reason, such is life.

• from the i6+ 🐜

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I love my Note 4, I really do. I'm a phone who*e and for whatever reason it always seems I am able to commit much much longer to a Note device than any other. I like many other android users love to customize my device. In fact i've been using Nova Prime on it since its beginning. I've owned iPhones in the past and I really appreciate the UI fluidity and overall reliability BUT I get bored sooooo quickly. Even switching to a pure android device can be a little mundane. I take full advantage of about 60% of the features (which is a lot)

Is the Note 4 superior to the 6+, you bet you arse it is (to me anyway) after all it is an i- "phone" , calling a Note a phone is a sin that could potentially d*mn you to h*ll.

The note 4 is a phone like any other ....:p

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The note 4 is a phone though ....nothing omg I must have ....considering getting a nexus 6 still even with a note 4 :)

I did that...got a Nexus 6 while having a Note 4. I preferred the Note because I've found I am not a fan of stock android and I had to root the Nexus just to do minor-seeming things like change the font. Then there's no replaceable battery for when the battery finally doesn't charge well (if you keep your phones awhile, which I generally do not, this could matter to you). The Nexus doesn't have that SD card and you have to decide if that's meaningful.

Otherwise, IMO, the Nexus 6 is by far the best Nexus to date and even has a stellar camera to go along with that amazing display and powerful front-facing speakers. It is huge though. Huge.

• from the i6+ 🐜

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781