Note 4 not seeing any Bluetooth devices

Mush77

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Currently in front of me I have a BlackBerry Phone, 2 wireless speakers, 1 Motorola phone and an Asus tablet all have version Bluetooth versions from 2 to 4 and when I do a scan on my Note 4 it can't see any of them, do anybody know what's doing on or do I have a duff Note 4?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

They can see my phone but I cant see them.

I did phone Samsung and they said that 4.1 is not compatible with version 2. I'm not sure that's true but still don't explain version 3 to 4.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Make the device discoverable, then tell the phone to scan (in Bluetooth, of course). If it doesn't see them, the next proper step is to see if it can see a v4.1 Bluetooth device, but it probably wouldn't because the Bluetooth radio in the phone is probably defective. Since the phone is under replacement warranty, ask your carrier to please repair or replace it. (Make sure everything is backed up - you'll probably get a replacement S-Pen with the replacement phone, and won't get even that back.)

(According to the people who specify Bluetooth, the Bluetooth SIG, any Bluetooth device that implements the basic rate protocol will work with any other device that implements the basic rate protocol - IOW, the Note 4 should be compatible with 1.1 devices and up, if it was engineered correctly. See https://www.bluetooth.org/en-us/Documents/Bluetooth 4.1 FAQ.pdf so the phone should be backward compatible with 10 year old Bluetooth headsets. 4.1 is an addition to 4,0, not a change from it, and is still backward compatible. Devices that use only 4.1 technology [something new, like a cellphone that can connect to your home phone by Bluetooth, perhaps] won't also connect to 4.0 or earlier devices, but the phone should connect to any phone or media Bluetooth device.)

Mush77

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I have made the phone discoverable and did a scan but still no good.
I spotted this on the Bluetooth site, still not 100% sure what it means.
Will Bluetooth 4.1 devices be backward compatible with current Bluetooth devices in the marketplace?
Devices implementing only the low energy feature (branded Bluetooth Smart) will be backward compatible with
Bluetooth 4.0 devices that also implement the low energy feature.
Devices implementing the Basic Rate/Enhanced Data Rate (BR/EDR) Core Configuration will be backward
compatible to all adopted Bluetooth Core versions beginning with 1.1 that also implement Bluetooth BR/EDR.

I don't have any other device that has 4.1

Last edited:

CaNy58

May 4, 2015
Visit site
We had this problem with my daughter's Note 4. Her phone couldn't see my bluetooth speaker; we tried all of the advice we found online and nothing worked. I finally realized the speaker was probably connecting immediately to my Galaxy S4 so I turned off the bluetooth on my phone and we tried again... And her Note 4 found the speaker right away and connected to it. Try turning off the bluetooth on all devices that are paired with the device you want your Note 4 to connect to, and try again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci