Note 4 + 3.5 audio jack(headphone jack) + car charger issue

Dusty Morrow

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, i hope all is well! Has anyone experienced/know a fix for the following issue:

My (oldschool) setup i have running in my car is having an aux cable going from my phone into the aux of my cd player. When i have just the aux cable going everything is fine. I have a car charger(not official samsung but just a micro usb charger)............Whenever i plug the charger into the phone i get a notification that i am in dock mode constantly. It is ever annoying because it prompts me and stops the music i have playing every five seconds. So i a pretty sure it is an issue with the charger. If i purchase another charger will it do the same thing? Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, i hope all is well! Has anyone experienced/know a fix for the following issue:

My (oldschool) setup i have running in my car is having an aux cable going from my phone into the aux of my cd player. When i have just the aux cable going everything is fine. I have a car charger(not official samsung but just a micro usb charger)............Whenever i plug the charger into the phone i get a notification that i am in dock mode constantly. It is ever annoying because it prompts me and stops the music i have playing every five seconds. So i a pretty sure it is an issue with the charger. If i purchase another charger will it do the same thing? Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks

For my car setup (2002 Honda CR-V with factory radio), since my radio doesn't have an aux input, I have an RF transmitter that plugs into the cig lighter and has a cord with a 3.5 connector that I plug into the headphone jack of my Note 4. The RF transmitter also has a USB jack on it, so I have the phone powered from that as well. With this setup, I have never seen a notification that I am in dock mode. My setup works great, except once in awhile, if I pull up in front of a store with neon signs in the windows, I get interference in the sound, but it's only until I move away from those signs.

Dusty Morrow

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! Neon sign interference...........so no bars after hours right?? Lol just kidding! My car charger has a USB port on it, i will try that and see if it does the same thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance