saving to SD card- a hassle?

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that Google changed the rules and made the SD card less usable.

Has that been straightened out?
I want evernotes, music, podcasts, photos and videos saved on that card.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that Google changed the rules and made the SD card less usable.

Has that been straightened out?
I want evernotes, music, podcasts, photos and videos saved on that card.

It is still a hassle on KitKat in that writing directly to the external SD card is tightened down and most apps can't use it for writing. You can put videos music, etc on the card but generally you have to do that from an external connection, e.g. a PC connected via USB, and then you can read them with apps. But apps like Dropbox cannot write to the card. Lollipop fixes a lot of this.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I write my media (music, videos, photos) to the external card, with a PC. I can then READ them in the Note 4.
Any built in app in the Note 4 can read and WRITE the external card. So the internal camera app, can write photos to the card.
Anything that you add, can only READ the external card. So an add on camera app can't write to the external card.

Or you can root the phone and fix it.

Pretty goofy. And there was never a clear reason given why. The Lollipop update is supposed to give use back some write ability.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
It made sense as a Linux security fix. Google reall needs to fix the current state. Shells in any Linux read and write to external storage just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm