11-29-2017 11:07 PM
173 12345 ...
tools
    just upgraded to lollipop, and my battery is better.
    did the upgrade clear my cache?
    did the upgrade do something else to help my battery, and i'd still see the effect of clearing the cache?
    or would it be a waste of time?
    04-03-2015 06:41 PM
    just upgraded to lollipop, and my battery is better.
    did the upgrade clear my cache?
    did the upgrade do something else to help my battery, and i'd still see the effect of clearing the cache?
    or would it be a waste of time?
    The upgrade did not clear the cache and clearing it now may or may not further improve the battery but it can't hurt anything to do it and it may provide performance improvements elsewhere.
    Rowlette likes this.
    04-03-2015 06:44 PM
    thank you
    04-03-2015 08:03 PM
    mine got from 7hours of brwosingon wi-fi and near 10-15% brightness to 9hours, still not good as the one on anandtech (910h)
    04-05-2015 08:55 AM
    To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
    1. Turn the device off.
    2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    • Volume Up key
    • Home key
    • Power key.
    3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key.
    4. Continue holding the Volume Up key until the Android System Recovery menu displays and then release. This step may take several seconds.
    5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
    6. Press the Power key to select.
    7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
    8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
    Okay, I'm still learning my way on Android and was curious about this if need be. Does doing procedure restore it back to factory stock?
    04-13-2015 03:11 AM
    Okay, I'm still learning my way on Android and was curious about this if need be. Does doing procedure restore it back to factory stock?
    No, no user data/apps are lost or affected.
    Neo_ii_Droid likes this.
    04-13-2015 08:05 AM
    No, no user data/apps are lost or affected.
    Spectacular! I take it that backup is in order before doing so?

Thanks again!
    04-13-2015 04:02 PM
    Spectacular! I take it that backup is in order before doing so?

Thanks again!
    Shouldn't have to as nothing is lost. I never have and I've done this multiple times on multiple Android devices without a problem.
    Neo_ii_Droid likes this.
    04-13-2015 04:08 PM
    Shouldn't have to as nothing is lost. I never have and I've done this multiple times on multiple Android devices without a problem.
    Awesome! I'll have to give this a try. Thanks again!
    04-13-2015 04:33 PM
    I've done this to my phone 3-4 times and it still says my cached data is 0.94GB. Is that normal?
    04-14-2015 12:15 PM
    I've done this to my phone 3-4 times and it still says my cached data is 0.94GB. Is that normal?
    Are you looking at the size of app cache? That is not affected by this which clears the system cache partition.
    04-14-2015 01:44 PM
    I'm a newbie to Android and the Galaxy Note series. Love it... But! I wiped the cache partition as instructed in this thread and now my battery is getting hot and so is the area around my micro SD card. The micro SD card area is getting VERY hot to the touch and smells kind of electrical. Just updated to Lollipop last week.
    Any suggestions 'cause I'm in a bit of a panic. Might my phone explode?
    Forgot to mention: the battery is draining very fast now. A couple percentage points per minute.
    04-17-2015 11:15 AM
    I'm a newbie to Android and the Galaxy Note series. Love it... But! I wiped the cache partition as instructed in this thread and now my battery is getting hot and so is the area around my micro SD card. The micro SD card area is getting VERY hot to the touch and smells kind of electrical. Just updated to Lollipop last week.
    Any suggestions 'cause I'm in a bit of a panic. Might my phone explode?
    Forgot to mention: the battery is draining very fast now. A couple percentage points per minute.
    Try removing the SD card! When I got my Note 4, I put in my old SD card that had been used in 2 previous devices. There may be corrupt files on it because I was also having Major 'Index Servicing' issues. My phone was also hot and had horrible battery drain. One I removed the SD card.... All those issues stopped for me.
    TrippM likes this.
    04-17-2015 11:32 AM
    I gave that a try but it's still heating up while I'm using it. Once it goes into sleep or I shut it down then it cools down but while I'm using it (meaning the screen is on) it's getting really hot.
    Sounds like I busted it. Can't imagine there's anything that can solve this problem. It was running so good too. So bummed.

This didn't root my device did it? Please tell me it didn't. 'Cause if it did my warranty is null and void. Ouch!
    04-17-2015 12:02 PM
    I gave that a try but it's still heating up while I'm using it. Once it goes into sleep or I shut it down then it cools down but while I'm using it (meaning the screen is on) it's getting really hot.
    Sounds like I busted it. Can't imagine there's anything that can solve this problem. It was running so good too. So bummed.

This didn't root my device did it? Please tell me it didn't. 'Cause if it did my warranty is null and void. Ouch!
    Clearing the cache partition is not rooting your phone and no doing that will not void your warranty. Did you leave the SD card 'OUT', re-start your phone and give it a few days to settle?
    04-17-2015 01:48 PM

Can you try the card in a reader on a PC? I once had a microSD card go bad in such a way that no matter where I tried it, it became very hot, so much so that it burned my fingers when I last removed it to toss it.
    04-17-2015 01:55 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Really appreciate it. I took the sd card out of the Note hours ago and haven't put it back in. I assume that rules the sd card out as being the problem since my phone is still running super hot and is tearing through the battery. Have charged it 3 since I joined this thread. Also, I failed to mention this, but it keeps freezing up too.
    I think I've got myself a junked phone. I have insurance through AT&T so I'll go to the store tomorrow and request another phone. Sad thing... it will be a refurbished model.
    04-17-2015 07:03 PM
    Hi,
    I have trouble with my charging time. It takes 7 hours to get fully charged normally and without enabling fast charging mode. I have been charging with OEM. Should I be concerned?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2015 04:01 AM
    Hi,
    I have trouble with my charging time. It takes 7 hours to get fully charged normally and without enabling fast charging mode. I have been charging with OEM. Should I be concerned?

Seven hours and not using fast charging? Sounds normal to me, this is a big battery.
    04-28-2015 01:34 AM
    Ever since I did this I've been getting almost 8 hours of screen on time whereas I used to get almost 5. I had no problem with that as it would last me the day but now I get heaaaaps more usage out of my phone. I'm an extremely heavy user, and the note 4 is so charming I just can't put it down
    05-05-2015 06:00 AM
    I'm still baffled as to how this works but I'm not complaining!
    05-05-2015 06:01 AM
    Hi,

7 hours is not normal even with fast charging this is a 2A charger.
    05-05-2015 12:56 PM
    I can't thank you guys enough for posting the exact instructions on how to delete the cache. My new Note 4 was having major battery drain following the Lollipop update. I was getting 4 -5 hours of charge (with limited usage) and was about to exchange the phone for an iPhone 6 Plus. I deleted the cache - which took less than one minute - and am now getting between 12 and 15 hours of battery with moderate use. Great fix. I was about to do a factory reset but this solved my issues with a lot less brain damage. Thanks!!
    05-07-2015 08:48 AM
    7 hours is not normal even with fast charging this is a 2A charger.
    With fast charging it doesn't take close to 7 hours to charge.
    05-07-2015 02:17 PM
    ^That doesn't sound normal to me either

With fast charge, I get 50% in about 35 min. It's amazing, you'd think it would run out as quick as it charged but it doesn't. You get an actual proper use out of it.
    05-08-2015 12:18 AM
173 12345 ...