11-29-2017 10:07 PM
173 ... 23456 ...
tools
    ^That doesn't sound normal to me either

With fast charge, I get 50% in about 35 min. It's amazing, you'd think it would run out as quick as it charged but it doesn't. You get an actual proper use out of it.
    I just charged from 4% to 100%. I was using my phone almost the entire time it was charging and it took 2 hours and 50 minutes.

When I first started charging, I wasn't using it and it went from 4% to 11% in less than 3 minutes.
    05-07-2015 11:21 PM
    That sounds ok considering you were using it, but for some reason mine is extremely fast to charge.
    05-07-2015 11:28 PM
    That sounds ok considering you were using it, but for some reason mine is extremely fast to charge.
    Oh mine is much faster if I'm not sitting there playing a game while it is charging.
    05-07-2015 11:30 PM
    I am coming from iphone and trying to understand this...what is cache? my note 4 battery is very bad and so I will try this...should we never clear each app cache? and thanks
    05-08-2015 08:10 AM
    I am coming from iphone and trying to understand this...what is cache? my note 4 battery is very bad and so I will try this...should we never clear each app cache? and thanks
    See response in your other thread on this.
    05-08-2015 08:19 AM
    I did a clear cache like some recommended and played hard on my phone all day. texted, Facebook, games, you tube...and battery is at 21% @ 9:15pm! I'm excited! hopefully this has fixed my battery issue...thanks to all who helped with their opinions!
    05-08-2015 09:15 PM
    Over the last couple of weeks my battery was dropping like a rock , most of it while the phone supposedly slept. I tried apps that got recent update dumps, settings changes, network changes, etc but Android System kept staying at the top battery user. Last night I tried going back to factory version of Android Web Server (or whatever it's called) to no avail. This thread mysteriously showed up in Tapatalk at the top so I figure I'll give it a shot.
    Low and behold, recently by this time of morning ,with the same usage pattern, my battery used to be down to about 85% but today it's still hovering at 97% as of this writing.
    Fwiw, I dumped the cache as described and added Geenify app and everything Amazon related is now under it's command. Not sure which it was, though I think it was the wipe, did it but my phone is seemingly back to new lollipop install battery life.
    THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD!!

Support Our Troops !!!
    <
    Beast Mode 4
    05-14-2015 06:39 AM
    What is that Android Web Server for? I have it disabled and have great battery life and haven't noticed any issues..
    05-14-2015 07:43 AM
    It seems this only worked for a few weeks and now my battery is back to about 5.5 hours SOT as opposed to the 7.5 hours. How often can I do a clear cache and would it negatively affect my phone?
    05-15-2015 05:32 AM
    It seems this only worked for a few weeks and now my battery is back to about 5.5 hours SOT as opposed to the 7.5 hours. How often can I do a clear cache and would it negatively affect my phone?
    You can do it as often as desired and it does not negatively affect the phone.
    05-15-2015 06:03 AM
    Yup, you can wipe cache daily if you want, it doesn't delete any of your info or change anything in your personal setup.
    05-15-2015 07:37 AM
    Yup, you can wipe cache daily if you want, it doesn't delete any of your info or change anything in your personal setup.
    Isn't it just a cache for how things interact, nothing to do with apps or services themselves?

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    05-15-2015 01:19 PM
    Isn't it just a cache for how things interact, nothing to do with apps or services themselves?

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    Basically, but like if apps are uninstalled and some little "bits" get left behind after uninstall or after a firmware upgrade, this cache wipe will generally clean those things up.

When uninstalling apps, you should really do that through the app manager and not the app drawer or Play Store. Go to app manager, force stop, clear data and then uninstall. The wipe cache can delete stuff left behind if a lot of installing and uninstalling of apps are done..
    05-16-2015 04:43 AM
    Basically, but like if apps are uninstalled and some little "bits" get left behind after uninstall or after a firmware upgrade, this cache wipe will generally clean those things up.

When uninstalling apps, you should really do that through the app manager and not the app drawer or Play Store. Go to app manager, force stop, clear data and then uninstall. The wipe cache can delete stuff left behind if a lot of installing and uninstalling of apps are done..
    Thanks. I usually uninstall from app manager but didn't know about clear data and force close first.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    05-16-2015 06:53 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for the replies
    05-16-2015 11:04 PM
    This was a very helpful thread. My Note 4 had been lagging horribly since the Lollipop update and I just did this....my phone is snappy again.

Thank you OP!!!!! This should actually be a sticky, I think.
    06-06-2015 03:49 PM
    To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
    1. Turn the device off.
    2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    • Volume Up key
    • Home key
    • Power key.
    3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key.
    4. Continue holding the Volume Up key until the Android System Recovery menu displays and then release. This step may take several seconds.
    5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
    6. Press the Power key to select.
    7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
    8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Thank you for this. My device is acting like new. I appreciate this very much.
    06-06-2015 03:51 PM
    Just to be clear about this...

Cache files are there for a reason, to speed up operation. Normally, the best performance is achieved by leaving cache files alone to do their job.

Cache files rebuild anyway when the associated apps are used, so it's a waste of power and CPU cycles to clear caches. Regular cleaning of caches is unnecessary and counterproductive. Just because clearing caches fixed and issue once in no way means it should be done repeatedly.

But there are times when clearing a cache file may be appropriate. If an app is struggling, then clearing that app's cache might help. Or another exception is after a major system update like KitKat to Lollipop. If the device is acting funky after updating, clearing all caches so they can rebuild sometimes straightens it out.

Otherwise, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Leave caches alone.

Android user since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    06-06-2015 04:23 PM
    Just to be clear about this...

Cache files are there for a reason, to speed up operation. Normally, the best performance is achieved by leaving cache files alone to do their job.

Cache files rebuild anyway when the associated apps are used, so it's a waste of power and CPU cycles to clear caches. Regular cleaning of caches is unnecessary and counterproductive. Just because clearing caches fixed and issue once in no way means it should be done repeatedly.

But there are times when clearing a cache file may be appropriate. If an app is struggling, then clearing that app's cache might help. Or another exception is after a major system update like KitKat to Lollipop. If the device is acting funky after updating, clearing all caches so they can rebuild sometimes straightens it out.

Otherwise, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Leave caches alone.

This action does not clear the application caches, it clears system cache/temp files. It has never been demonstrated to have any negative effects on any Android device I have used and has often fixed issues users have. To say not to do it make no sense (more so because you're not talking about the right thing); in fact, some vendors have recommended it.
    06-06-2015 04:30 PM
    Oops...in trying to be clear, I realized when I re-read that post I was unclear. Sorry!

I realize that they are 2 different things. I was warning against pointlessly deleting app caches. Obviously system caches are not the same.

However, what I said pretty much still applies. Unless there's a problem that appears to be related to cache files, they should be left alone, whether system or app. No reason to do anything if there's no problem.

I never give cache files a thought.

06-06-2015 04:47 PM
    Thanks for this!
    06-07-2015 11:53 AM
    I tried this on kitkat and on lolipop still low battery I am a new Samsung user / Note 4 I came from Sony Z Series and I am suprised that the apps on Note 4 consume more battery than the screen ! on my sony nothing beats the screen power, why do all the apps on note 4 consume more power than the screen..
    06-08-2015 05:22 AM
    I tried this on kitkat and on lolipop still low battery I am a new Samsung user / Note 4 I came from Sony Z Series and I am suprised that the apps on Note 4 consume more battery than the screen ! on my sony nothing beats the screen power, why do all the apps on note 4 consume more power than the screen..
    My apps don't use more than the screen and I have my screen way down low.

The thing about me, I do a reset from recovery after an upgrade, always.
    06-08-2015 11:48 PM
    My apps don't use more than the screen and I have my screen way down low.

The thing about me, I do a reset from recovery after an upgrade, always.
    did that and done that still all apps consume more battery than the screen, even google chrome use more battery than the screen
    06-09-2015 01:41 PM
    did that and done that still all apps consume more battery than the screen, even google chrome use more battery than the screen
    You have something going on then. Could be sync options, location, etc. You really need to post detailed battery graphs so we can see.

Does your battery graph show your phone waking a lot when your screen is off?
    06-09-2015 01:56 PM
173 ... 23456 ...