11-29-2017 11:07 PM
173 ... 567
tools
    I did it too my note 4 went from 37% to 10% and off within secs and that was after the cache partition reset clearing ?
    Thanks for posting the instructions, especially so early in the thread. I see it recommended all the time, but the "how to" portion of the recommendation is usually left out.
    03-06-2016 11:43 PM
    Is this trick still needed? Got a small firmware update last week that says it solves a battery problem.
    03-14-2016 06:51 PM
    I had issues with my battery. It would drain fast and at ~30% it dies. Got a replacement phone (due to another issue) and was still the same. Got a new battery and it lasts longer and doesn't die at ~30%.
    03-22-2016 01:43 AM
    My Note 4 battery just died with nore than 50% remaining. It's never happened before. It was happily downloading some updates from Google Play. Suddenly it turned off. When I turned it back on, the battery was at 0%. I don't understand how a battery could possibly discharge like that. It would make more sense that the software measuring the remaining battery was faulty but it had only been on half a day.

If battery issue, delete cache, fixed my battery issue-screenshot_2016-06-03-11-36-54.jpg

Will this method solve this issue (I'll give it a go) or do I have a physical battery problem?

Thanks
    06-03-2016 07:32 AM
    My Note 4 battery just died with nore than 50% remaining. It's never happened before. It was happily downloading some updates from Google Play. Suddenly it turned off. When I turned it back on, the battery was at 0%. I don't understand how a battery could possibly discharge like that. It would make more sense that the software measuring the remaining battery was faulty but it had only been on half a day.

Will this method solve this issue (I'll give it a go) or do I have a physical battery problem?

Thanks
    Doubtful. Sounds like your battery may need replacement. You should try to see if this is consistent and if so, replace the battery.
    06-03-2016 09:14 AM
    I had the exasct problem with my s3 neo. 12 percent per night instead of one per 24 hour! I had that problem for about ten months. I tried everything, lots of cleaning appps, antiviruses and battery savers. I even did factory reset. All for nothing. Than I entered recovery mod and tried to delete cache, then I rebooted the phone through recovery and now I lost 1 % per 24 hours (networks turned off, airplane mode).
    06-04-2016 03:29 PM
    Deleting the cache partition appears to work for me. I was getting around 50% by mid-afternoon, not using the phone that much. Today, it's 3PM and I'm still at 82% (I have a Galaxy 5 and just updated to Marshmallow). I'm hoping this lasts...I tried a new battery before I read this thread, and the new battery was doing the same as the old one. Thanks - these forums are always a big help.
    09-01-2016 03:38 PM
    I always perform a 'Wipe Cache Partition' after any monthly update is installed. And I do a 'Factory Reset' (Recovery menu) after a complete OS upgrade, regardless of performance / battery issues.
    09-02-2016 09:06 AM
    So I tried this on my ATT Note 4, got to the point where I hold the volume button down and now it is stuck on a screen that has the android droid and says "downloading...do not turn off target". It appears to be hung up because this has been more than several seconds. Any suggestions?
    09-19-2016 02:58 PM
    Just a guess, but the Note 4 might have been in the process of downloading an update when you shut it off. Try removing the battery (if you can do that on a Note4) and then reboot normally. Again, just a guess.
    09-19-2016 03:09 PM
    Same here nothing has helped so far.
    Attached Thumbnails If battery issue, delete cache, fixed my battery issue-screenshot_2016-09-20-07-22-41.jpg  
    09-20-2016 07:25 AM
    Just a guess, but the Note 4 might have been in the process of downloading an update when you shut it off. Try removing the battery (if you can do that on a Note4) and then reboot normally. Again, just a guess.
    This is exactly what I did, thanks for the suggestion.
    09-24-2016 08:51 AM
    Same here nothing has helped so far.
    Same here. I've wiped the cache I don't know how many times and nothing. MM doesn't let you go in and clear the cache of apps like Lollipop did. Nor can you see what apps are running at any given time. There is a LOT of bloatware that I do not need, but every time i force quit it, it starts up all over again. MM is nothing more than a battery hog, I'm sorry to say. I'm sorry I upgraded and wish I could go back.
    10-07-2016 09:41 AM
    Same here. I've wiped the cache I don't know how many times and nothing. MM doesn't let you go in and clear the cache of apps like Lollipop did. Nor can you see what apps are running at any given time. There is a LOT of bloatware that I do not need, but every time i force quit it, it starts up all over again. MM is nothing more than a battery hog, I'm sorry to say. I'm sorry I upgraded and wish I could go back.
    When they mention wiping cache, it's usually meant via "recovery" mode, not wiping an app's cache in system settings.
    10-07-2016 12:27 PM
    If your using a micro sim memory card try formatting it in the phone. My problems went away when I did that.
    10-20-2016 03:09 AM
    Hi, if I wipe cache partition, will it also temper Knox warranty? I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Thanks
    10-23-2016 06:54 PM
    I've had my Note 4 for two years now. Less than a week ago, the phone began to shut off at 15%. The process on the original post, I usually do it after an update of if I feel something is off. I went too another cycle with the battery, I reached 10% and as soon as I finished watching a video, the phone shut down and wouldn't turn on until the power cable was plugged in.

Well, I just permanently replaced it with the second battery I bought back then and my Note 4 made it to 2% and it's working 100% fine. A convenience like this is why I haven't upgraded from my Galaxy Note 4. Instead of taking it in for repair or replacement, I was able to do it myself in less than a minute. Sometimes it's a software issue, but eventually the battery will have its own issues and I like having the convenience of fixing it myself.

My phone is still going 100% strong. I know I'm "outdated" on somethings, but when you pay full price for your phone, you want to get more and not lose some features. Eventually I'll have to upgrade it, but it I need to have these features while also seeing improvements in certain areas to make it seem my money's worth.

I'm glad Samsung made a great Galaxy Note 4
    10-24-2016 10:27 AM
    Bought my Note 4 just 2 weeks ago and used.But in an excellent condition Only purchased a new original wallet case a bigger memory card and a new tempered glass.Phone is a beast.Im a normal user and i love this one!!! I now only need to buy a new battery an extended one as its original is decreasing after time.Love Samsung and the Note series)
    11-03-2016 01:36 PM
    Doubtful. Sounds like your battery may need replacement. You should try to see if this is consistent and if so, replace the battery.
    No this is a known issue with several note 4 phones that was never addressed or fixed. Getting a new battery will temporarily fix it and then it will start again. I've been thru 5 batteries and my husband has the same phone his is fine if you Google this it happens to a lot of us note 4 owners but there is no real solution so I'm just buying a new phone. I don't want to i love my note 4 aside from the battery issue nit sure why they can't fix it since it has to be software there's no way 5 batteries are all faulty. Plus all the other owners dealing with it.
    11-27-2016 12:17 AM
    My battery was doing this long before I upgraded to MM one day just shut down at 20% then wouldn't turn on said battery was at 0% then got to the point where it shut down at 50% dating it was dead. Bought a new battery and within a month does the same thing. I'm just baffled as to why Samsung had never addressed nor released a patch or fix for it. There's no way every battery is defective or happens to too many of us fir that plus a new battery doesn't solve the problem
    11-27-2016 12:23 AM
    To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
    1. Turn the device off.
    2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    • Volume Up key
    • Home key
    • Power key.
    3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key.
    4. Continue holding the Volume Up key until the Android System Recovery menu displays and then release. This step may take several seconds.
    5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
    6. Press the Power key to select.
    7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
    8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
    Thanks for this, which gave me hope I'd solve my battery issue. I got as far as step 4, but then what was on the screen was a little Android character with an exclamation alert symbol and underneath the words 'No command'. Did I do it wrong?

I'm using a Fairphone 2 with Android 6.0.1.

Thanks.
    10-23-2017 01:48 PM
    Thanks for this, which gave me hope I'd solve my battery issue. I got as far as step 4, but then what was on the screen was a little Android character with an exclamation alert symbol and underneath the words 'No command'. Did I do it wrong?

I'm using a Fairphone 2 with Android 6.0.1.

Thanks.
    Been a while since I've done it but as I recall at times it took me a couple of tries to get to the menu - releasing the Power & Home key at the same time can be tricky.
    10-23-2017 03:54 PM
    Hi
    Have been having battery issues with my phone and read where wiping cache partition may help. I started the process about 3 hours ago and it is still 'wiping cache'. Anyone out there who know if there is any way that I can stop the process without damage?
    Really need to use the phone atm . Have googled as much as I can in the last hour and cannot find an answer. Saw where one guy took out his battery to stop and now phone won't work. Really appreciative of any advice.
    I have wiped cache previously using this process about 4 months ago - took 20 minutes - apparently only took that long as it was the first time I had done it. But 3 hours now - frustrating!
    Thanks in advance
    11-29-2017 11:07 PM
173 ... 567