If battery issue, delete cache, fixed my battery issue

Savan01

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I deleted the cache but my battery is still pretty bad, it might've gotten worse like 2 minutes per percent. however, the performance noticeably improved

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I deleted the cache but my battery is still pretty bad, it might've gotten worse like 2 minutes per percent. however, the performance noticeably improved

Need more info - are you running anything at the time? Have you used any OS monitor app to see what might be running and using CPU? Is the screen on and at what brightness?

Savan01

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I typically have power saving on with my performance limited and have low brightness, the apps that usually run in the back are as follow

android system at 29%
android os at 11%
screen at 11%
cell standby at 7%
battery widget at 6%
music 6%
twitter 5%
device idle 4%
media server 4%

sorry i cant post links yet

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site

If you don't mind me asking, in 15 minutes, how can you tell if it's better or worse? I highly doubt you can tell if your battery life has changed in such little time. There are some days where (any of) my phone drop faster the first 10 percent, or the last 30 percent... I'd have to do a full charge discharge to see if it's any better or worse.

Capture.JPG

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
• Volume Up key
• Home key
• Power key.
3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key.
4. Continue holding the Volume Up key until the Android System Recovery menu displays and then release. This step may take several seconds.
5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
6. Press the Power key to select.
7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
It really worked. I was going from 100% to 88% battery in less than five or ten minutes. After doing this it went back to normal. It's like my phone is brand new again. Thanks.

Mike Spranger

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
just upgraded to lollipop, and my battery is better.
did the upgrade clear my cache?
did the upgrade do something else to help my battery, and i'd still see the effect of clearing the cache?
or would it be a waste of time?

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
just upgraded to lollipop, and my battery is better.
did the upgrade clear my cache?
did the upgrade do something else to help my battery, and i'd still see the effect of clearing the cache?
or would it be a waste of time?

The upgrade did not clear the cache and clearing it now may or may not further improve the battery but it can't hurt anything to do it and it may provide performance improvements elsewhere.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
• Volume Up key
• Home key
• Power key.
3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key.
4. Continue holding the Volume Up key until the Android System Recovery menu displays and then release. This step may take several seconds.
5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
6. Press the Power key to select.
7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Okay, I'm still learning my way on Android and was curious about this if need be. Does doing procedure restore it back to factory stock?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech