If battery issue, delete cache, fixed my battery issue

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been horrible since I did this. How do we fix it?

Attachments

• 1435023799062.jpg
    1435023799062.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 1435023811572.jpg
    1435023811572.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 1435023830134.jpg
    1435023830134.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 52

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Clearing the cache could have fixed a problem that was causing the battery drain. The thing is, all that cached data must be created again. Your apps will take a little longer to load the first time and in general your battery will take a hit, but that's temporary. It can't be considered as a battery drain. If your battery is still draining fast it means that there's still a problem, maybe with your background processes or something else.

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Clearing the cache could have fixed a problem that was causing the battery drain. The thing is, all that cached data must be created again. Your apps will take a little longer to load the first time and in general your battery will take a hit, but that's temporary. It can't be considered as a battery drain. If your battery is still draining fast it means that there's still a problem, maybe with your background processes or something else.

Makes sense... Thanks

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

He didn't clear the app cache with this procedure - it's system cache.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
He didn't clear the app cache with this procedure - it's system cache.

Good point. There are some posts talking about wiping the cache partition and others about clearing cache (this usually refers to apps cache). I'm not sure which one of these methods were used for any poster. I'm aware that they are different processes, but in both of them the deleted cache has to be built again.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey, guys.

Since "upgrading" to Lollipop I have been doing all I could to fix the overheating and battery drain issues that it introduced to some people's Note 4s.

I downloaded GServiceFix from the Play Store today and thus far, it seems to solve the issues that none of the aforementioned have done for me.

Touch wood that this isn't premature, but my phone is actually performing like the device that I feel Lollipop was meant to make it be like. I have been so happy with the performance of my phone that I had to register on these forums just to help if possible.

Good luck!

atlsport

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I think my bad battery (since lollipop install) is due to weak signal from AT&T. See attached screenprint. I live/work in Midtown/Buckhead Atlanta, so not exactly out in the boondocks.The no signal part of the Mobile Network Signal (on the screenshot), I was at the gym, phone was in airplane mode. The rest of the line is yellow. When I get a solid green line there, I have GREAT battery (though it rarely happens these days).

I've done the cache clearing and just about everything else, nothing helps.

My signal strength is usually -89 to -93dBm 50asu. I have no idea if that's good or bad.

Screenshot_2015-07-02-22-29-13.jpg

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I think my bad battery (since lollipop install) is due to weak signal from AT&T. See attached screenprint. I live/work in Midtown/Buckhead Atlanta, so not exactly out in the boondocks.The no signal part of the Mobile Network Signal (on the screenshot), I was at the gym, phone was in airplane mode. The rest of the line is yellow. When I get a solid green line there, I have GREAT battery (though it rarely happens these days).

I've done the cache clearing and just about everything else, nothing helps.

My signal strength is usually -89 to -93dBm 50asu. I have no idea if that's good or bad.

Absent a runaway app, I've found that a poor signal causes the radio to be far and away the greatest battery drainer on my Note 4 (or most any other phone).

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Cleaning cache partition always fixes my problems with battery life, or the phone slowing it down itself. Sometimes clearing the system cache helps a lot to get a refresh on it.

But then again, if you update your phone doing this is a must.. (I just factory reset to make sure)

L_E_O

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm in the Note 4 Lollipop = crap AT&T signal camp also. I also use an unlocked Moto X 2014 on AT&T, and it consistently has a better signal than the Note 4 even in terrible locations... like 3 bars "4G LTE" vs 1 bar "4G".

If the phone signal is the cause, that would be included in Android Kernel and Android OS in the app usage listing, right?

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Have done everything on here twice. Also have power saving mode on and unchecked my connection optimizer and after a week and half of having this phone well on Lollipop, this is my average battery life. I'm seriously contemplating selling my Note 4 now. Also my Note 4 has been on for 40 minutes with minimal use and it was at 100%. uploadfromtaptalk1438173653987.jpg

~Blessed From My Note 4~

atlsport

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I ended up doing a system wipe and reinstalled everything. What a pain. Good news is battery life is great again. That 'Awake' line on the battery screen used to be solid. Now it's only awake when I'm using it. Also my screen had been getting warm/hot a lot. None of that in the 2 weeks since I dis the wipe. It was a pain, but happy to have my battery life back.