If battery issue, delete cache, fixed my battery issue

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Okay just checked my battery again and look at this......if it was like this all the time.
6f16fc6dd14a40874dd277ab93e5e071.jpg

~Blessed From My Note 4~

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Why does my battery screen not show how long I've been on battery like some of you do? Is it because I'm on Verizon and they removed it?

Posted via the Android Central App

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Why does my battery screen not show how long I've been on battery like some of you do? Is it because I'm on Verizon and they removed it?

After you open the initial battery screen, tap the graph and that will take you to the screen that shows how long you've been on the battery.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Mine doesn't have how long it's been on battery anywhere. Must be awesome Verizon. They take away everything.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
These are my screens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-30-12-48-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-30-12-48-34.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 250
  • Screenshot_2015-07-30-12-48-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-30-12-48-55.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 250

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Truthfully, I am ok with a charge of 12-18 hrs. The only reason I would need to go longer than that is if I am not going to be home in that time span. And since I have no life, I am almost ALWAYS home in time to put my boy on the charger by 11p. Yes, I know, poor me ;)

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Good point. There are some posts talking about wiping the cache partition and others about clearing cache (this usually refers to apps cache). I'm not sure which one of these methods were used for any poster. I'm aware that they are different processes, but in both of them the deleted cache has to be built again.

I'm very new with this wiping partition process, but I want to see if this will improve my battery. So, is wiping cache partition the Right step in theory to improving the battery drain? I don't want to touch the app cache.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm very new with this wiping partition process, but I want to see if this will improve my battery. So, is wiping cache partition the Right step in theory to improving the battery drain? I don't want to touch the app cache.

Sorry for the delay. There's no way to know for sure if the wipe will fix your battery drain. This process can fix some performance issues but your drain would be caused because some app is misbehaving, a problem with your signal or location settings, etc. You could post a couple of screenshots with your battery stats and we'll try to figure out who's taking your battery juice. Check first if any app is showing an unusual high percentage.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the delay. There's no way to know for sure if the wipe will fix your battery drain. This process can fix some performance issues but your drain would be caused because some app is misbehaving, a problem with your signal or location settings, etc. You could post a couple of screenshots with your battery stats and we'll try to figure out who's taking your battery juice. Check first if any app is showing an unusual high percentage.

I believe the culprit was Google Now Launcher because I have disabled it and my battery is doing really well after 30 minutes of using GPS and answering a few emails. OH and I have hardly any cell signal from where I'm at for class. I'm at 83% from taking it off the wireless charger at 7:15 a.m.
However, will this effect the voice Google Search? I think it's just for the Launcher, correct?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
A bad signal is one of the main causes for battery drain, specially if you have mobile data on. You can switch Google Now off and still use Google search normally. I do, even with Nova Launcher.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
A bad signal is one of the main causes for battery drain, specially if you have mobile data on. You can switch Google Now off and still use Google search normally. I do, even with Nova Launcher.

Yeah, signal truly sucks here. Where do I switch Google Now to off? In the main settings or Google Settings? So I won't be able to do a Google Voice search is what you're saying?

bob_12112

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Does this seem correct

20 hours on battery
1 hour 50 mins on screen time
and down to 10-20% battery
it seems like its loosing its battery power way to quick

lighthawk30

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I recommend upgrading the note 4 to android 5.1.1, switching between lockscreen, wakeup, and other apps, phone is much snappier now. My battery was draining a lot faster since a year ago when i got this phone, thought bout replacing the battery but upgrading os clears cache and I also did a factory reset with this new update and battery lasts about 16 hours. I use web, video, and lot of gaming and sketching, if possible, flashing the update using odin is pretty simple.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I regularly have very good battery life and that continues, but there IS one problem since 5.1.1.. on a sprint Note 4.

Once I get down to about 12-15% I get an alert, battery is low, etc.. If I start to do something with the phone, open a browser or download an app, boom it just shuts down completely.

I can reboot the phone, but it shuts down again. When I plug in the power, it says it is at 0% battery so either the battery meter is totally wrong or the battery is damaged?

thoughts?
I've reset the cache several times now, to no sucess

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You need a new battery. Have you had the original one that came with the phone? If so, it only has 300-500 charges before it starts to have those issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12