If battery issue, delete cache, fixed my battery issue

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Okay.. But I haven't charged it anywhere near that meant times.. And the problem stated immediately after upgrading took lollipop

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd still get a new battery. If it doesn't change anything, you'll still have a backup just in case you need it.

And just curious, but how long have you had the phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

lordwalker

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem to Shahbaz. It started about a week ago. Suddenly my battery will only last about 6 hours with very minimal use. I never had this kind of problem before and I have not done anything different to my phone. I upgraded it to the latest Verizon android version the day after it came out but that was several months ago. I have tried wiping the partition cache and have noticed not difference in the battery drain. Mine also did as Tivoboy's did this weekend.... Had about 16% battery and tried to check something real quick and boom, shutoff. Any suggestions?

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a new issue lately.. Nothing has changed on the phone though.. Phone will not respond to a button press to wake it up. It takes several presses just to get the lock screen to display.. Anyone else having anything similar and any thoughts as to remedy?

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm having that same issue where the phone suddenly dies once the battery hits a little below 15%. I came to this forum hoping to find an answer.

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problems with mine dying after it reached about 10%, I read that it is the battery. After purchasing a new battery I no longer have an issue (and of course I am getting more battery life out of my phone!).

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problems with mine dying after it reached about 10%, I read that it is the battery. After purchasing a new battery I no longer have an issue (and of course I am getting more battery life out of my phone!).

I'm going to give this a try as well. As soon as my 15% notification pops up my battery drops like a rock. Failing that I'll probably factory reset for a fresh start after trying the cache clear. Years of build up can't be good.

Whorizon2112

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Thank you smooth2222. I have heard of this, and actually did it on my Motorola Xoom tablet (for other reasons. I can only WISH my note 4 would have the battery prowess of my Xoom...).

Just now did the wipe, we'll see over the next few days how it affects the battery 'up' time.

wascar G

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I did it too my note 4 went from 37% to 10% and off within secs and that was after the cache partition reset clearing ?
Thanks for posting the instructions, especially so early in the thread. I see it recommended all the time, but the "how to" portion of the recommendation is usually left out.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I had issues with my battery. It would drain fast and at ~30% it dies. Got a replacement phone (due to another issue) and was still the same. Got a new battery and it lasts longer and doesn't die at ~30%.

Chris Bath

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
My Note 4 battery just died with nore than 50% remaining. It's never happened before. It was happily downloading some updates from Google Play. Suddenly it turned off. When I turned it back on, the battery was at 0%. I don't understand how a battery could possibly discharge like that. It would make more sense that the software measuring the remaining battery was faulty but it had only been on half a day.

Screenshot_2016-06-03-11-36-54.jpg

Will this method solve this issue (I'll give it a go) or do I have a physical battery problem?

Thanks

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
My Note 4 battery just died with nore than 50% remaining. It's never happened before. It was happily downloading some updates from Google Play. Suddenly it turned off. When I turned it back on, the battery was at 0%. I don't understand how a battery could possibly discharge like that. It would make more sense that the software measuring the remaining battery was faulty but it had only been on half a day.

Will this method solve this issue (I'll give it a go) or do I have a physical battery problem?

Thanks

Doubtful. Sounds like your battery may need replacement. You should try to see if this is consistent and if so, replace the battery.

Sojmen

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I had the exasct problem with my s3 neo. 12 percent per night instead of one per 24 hour! I had that problem for about ten months. I tried everything, lots of cleaning appps, antiviruses and battery savers. I even did factory reset. All for nothing. Than I entered recovery mod and tried to delete cache, then I rebooted the phone through recovery and now I lost 1 % per 24 hours (networks turned off, airplane mode).

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Deleting the cache partition appears to work for me. I was getting around 50% by mid-afternoon, not using the phone that much. Today, it's 3PM and I'm still at 82% (I have a Galaxy 5 and just updated to Marshmallow). I'm hoping this lasts...I tried a new battery before I read this thread, and the new battery was doing the same as the old one. Thanks - these forums are always a big help.

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I always perform a 'Wipe Cache Partition' after any monthly update is installed. And I do a 'Factory Reset' (Recovery menu) after a complete OS upgrade, regardless of performance / battery issues.

hootss

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
So I tried this on my ATT Note 4, got to the point where I hold the volume button down and now it is stuck on a screen that has the android droid and says "downloading...do not turn off target". It appears to be hung up because this has been more than several seconds. Any suggestions?

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Just a guess, but the Note 4 might have been in the process of downloading an update when you shut it off. Try removing the battery (if you can do that on a Note4) and then reboot normally. Again, just a guess.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc