Low Antutu Benchmark

BlameJamies

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I decided to run Antutu to see what my benchmark might be today. I was somewhat puzzled with my score of 39082 when the one they list to compare to scores at 48000. Should I be worried with a lower score? I have a pretty much stock Note 4 from Sprint with only a hand full of apps downloaded.

Posted via the Android Central App

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
First thing to try would be a wipe of the cache partition - that can help with a lot of performance issues.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
• Volume Up key
• Home key
• Power key.
3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key.
4. Continue holding the Volume Up key until the Android System Recovery menu displays and then release. This step may take several seconds.
5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
6. Press the Power key to select.
7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So I am curious if this is normal. I press the home volume up and power, continue to hold volume up after vibrate, android says: "Installing System Update"
Then android says: "No Command" I select wipe cache partition. I then select reboot systems and android says: "Error"

Does Not seem normal to me.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Any chance you have a battery saver function enabled? Those features often lower the maximum CPU clock speed to save power...

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is at 47966.......................Captain, can I still get to mars with this score? I'm just having fun so please don't get the underwear wadded up :)

Honestly, I can't tell a difference with the naked eye if it was higher or lower, not even sure what it means. I did this out of curiosity.

BlameJamies

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Any chance you have a battery saver function enabled? Those features often lower the maximum CPU clock speed to save power...

Alright I deleted my battery saver app an cleared the cache an now my score is 48000+. So now I know it's a combination of them both for a low score.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Alright I deleted my battery saver app an cleared the cache an now my score is 48000+. So now I know it's a combination of them both for a low score.

The Note 4 does come with built in battery saving features... using a 3rd Party battery saver application is often not necessary and, sometimes, does more harm than good. The only battery 'saver' I've really come across that does what it sets out to do is one like Greenify... which limits how services wake up the phone.... Oftentimes, the limited power that you save by fussing with sync, wifi, etc... the app that does the administration uses all the power you save.

Now.. there is NOTHING wrong with battery saving modes, especially when they are built into the OEM software... those are far more integrated and typically work much better. Now, they do come at a cost... most often the phone's performance. But back to those low Antutu scores... a 40K score is still REALLY high. It's like having a power saving mode in your 600HP sports car that limits the power to 500HP, but you get a pretty decent boost in your gas mileage. Even with the power saving mode on, your Note 4 is still fast enough to pretty much do most everything you ask of it without breaking a sweat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie