02-13-2015 11:40 PM
39 12
tools
    Not sure where to put this thread, so no problem if moderators move it elsewhere.

I have been with TMobile for 8 yrs now, but have been thinking of switching to another carrier with better coverage with cheaper price. I live in Philly and get pretty good 4G LTE coverage, but I am not sure if other carriers can match my current monthly plan:

Simple Choice (unlimited call & text): $25
    Unlimited data + 3GB Hotspot: $20
    Gear S: $5
    1 yr discount: -$5

Before I call other carriers, can any of you who have everything unlimited share your input? Thanks!
    02-10-2015 01:04 PM
    It is true unlimited. I have been using the unlimited everything plan for about two years. I would tether using my iPhone and in one week once I used 75GB of data and they never said a word to me.

I happen to live in an area where T-Mobile has excellent service no matter where I go so I have nothing bad to say about their service.

I have two unlimited lines for $100.
    Ntchwaidumela and Sammuel1973 like this.
    02-10-2015 01:13 PM
    It is true unlimited. I have been using the unlimited everything plan for about two years. I would tether using my iPhone and in one week once I used 75GB of data and they never said a word to me.

I happen to live in an area where T-Mobile has excellent service no matter where I go so I have nothing bad to say about their service.

I have two unlimited lines for $100.
    How much do you pay including taxes? I'm thinking of getting that plan.

Sent from my Frost White T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4
    02-10-2015 01:33 PM
    How much do you pay including taxes? I'm thinking of getting that plan.

For two lines, my first bill was $108. This is the two lines for $100 that they advertise for everything unlimited including data.
    02-10-2015 01:37 PM
    For two lines, my first bill was $108. This is the two lines for $100 that they advertise for everything unlimited including data.
    Thanks 👍

02-10-2015 01:39 PM
    I am not interested in 2 lines, but yours does seem cheap though, I guess. So it seems I am indeed getting a great value for the 1 line that I have, plus the $5 add on for my Gear S. I wonder though if the prepaid plans from other carriers are even cheaper. Since I live in a major city, I guess coverage won't be an issue.
    02-10-2015 01:47 PM
    I am not interested in 2 lines, but yours does seem cheap though, I guess. So it seems I am indeed getting a great value for the 1 line that I have, plus the $5 add on for my Gear S. I wonder though if the prepaid plans from other carriers are even cheaper. Since I live in a major city, I guess coverage won't be an issue.
    I was looking at the $50 plan listed on the T-Mobile site and they show it as being limited data at 4G speeds and then after, it is reduced speeds.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    02-10-2015 01:53 PM
    Not sure where to put this thread, so no problem if moderators move it elsewhere.

I have been with TMobile for 8 yrs now, but have been thinking of switching to another carrier with better coverage with cheaper price. I live in Philly and get pretty good 4G LTE coverage, but I am not sure if other carriers can match my current monthly plan:

Simple Choice (call & text): $25
    Unlimited data + 3GB Hotspot: $20
    Gear S: $5
    1 yr discount: -$5

Before I call other carriers, can any of you who have everything unlimited share your input? Thanks!
    I am right there with you, Unlimited $50 + $20 + $5(Gear S) and I get a 15% employee's discount, because they company I work for is on their list of companies!!

The "unlimited" is TRUE unlimited, no throttling! Also, the hotspot is FREE, and can connect up to 5 devices, and 2.5gb/Now 3gb to share on those device.. Other carriers I will be way over $100 a month for this..

Yes, I am a Tmobile fanboy!!

Edit:

After looking again, I ALSO have 3 gb free hotspot.. Last I knew, it was 2.5gb...I asked my wife(Sprint) to connect me up to her hotspot, she called Sprint, and they said $19.95...
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    02-10-2015 02:12 PM
    I wish I didn't need Verizon coverage

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-10-2015 04:27 PM
    I wish I didn't need Verizon coverage

Interesting that you said that. A good friend of mine wanted me to switch over to Verizon for the longest time. How much is your monthly plan for everything unlimited? It seems that unlimited is the way to go for this type of phone.
    02-10-2015 05:24 PM
    Interesting that you said that. A good friend of mine wanted me to switch over to Verizon for the longest time. How much is your monthly plan for everything unlimited? It seems that unlimited is the way to go for this type of phone.
    U are not gonna find unlimited data nowhere but T-Mobile and Sprint.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk
    Sammuel1973 and ubigred like this.
    02-10-2015 05:34 PM
    Unlimited data is only available on sprint and tmobile for now. The tradeoff is coverage is terrible on both networks. You get what you pay for. Sprint is already capping certain plans and more are sure to follow. Tmobile used to be one of the premier carriers but now seem to be barely staying afloat. I get a pretty good deal with ATT and with data rollover it is even more attractive. IMHO
    02-10-2015 05:39 PM
    Barely doing what??? T-Mobile speeds here is faster than Att and vzw in some areas. And me and my girl (who is on boost) are the only ones that can use our phones underground.

02-10-2015 07:05 PM
    And as far as I know Sprint said they were planning on keeping unlimited forever.

ubigred likes this.
    02-10-2015 07:07 PM
    Unlimited data is only available on sprint and tmobile for now. The tradeoff is coverage is terrible on both networks. You get what you pay for. Sprint is already capping certain plans and more are sure to follow. Tmobile used to be one of the premier carriers but now seem to be barely staying afloat. I get a pretty good deal with ATT and with data rollover it is even more attractive. IMHO
    T-Mobile has rollover high speed data for their 3G LTE and 5G LTE data plans, and they give you 10G free with those plans.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-10-2015 07:16 PM
    T-Mobile has rollover high speed data for their 3G LTE and 5G LTE data plans, and they give you 10G free with those plans.

Posted via Android Central App
    Exactly bro and as far as I see T-Mobiles uncarrier plan seems to be working. DT seems to don't even wanna sell tmus anymore.

Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    02-10-2015 07:24 PM
    My girlfriend and I get 10 gb of data for $80 plus $15 a line on edge. The phones cost $32 each per month which makes our bill $169. We get an employee discount which brings the total bill to $145 a month.

I had Sprint for 8 years. I move a lot and travel a lot, and I have to have Verizon.

02-10-2015 10:02 PM
    This is why I am on T-Mobile instead of AT&T and Verizon. I get about 3Mbps here on Verizon and less then 1Mbps on AT&T.

TMobile unlimited everything plan for  after taxes and fees on Note 4 and Gear S-screenshot_2015-02-09-10-54-13.jpg
    Ntchwaidumela and ubigred like this.
    02-11-2015 02:17 AM
    What city do you live in?
    02-11-2015 11:55 AM
    What city do you live in?
    Broomfield Colorado.
    ubigred likes this.
    02-11-2015 02:06 PM
    Broomfield Colorado.
    I live in Houston. Thinking about making the switch to T-Mobile.
    02-11-2015 02:07 PM
    This is why I am on T-Mobile instead of AT&T and Verizon. I get about 3Mbps here on Verizon and less then 1Mbps on AT&T.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-09-10-54-13.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	162960
    These are my speeds in Chicago.

02-11-2015 05:46 PM
    You should post some speed tests from the day time. I too can get 50Mbps at 2AM.
    02-11-2015 05:50 PM
    You should post some speed tests from the day time. I too can get 50Mbps at 2AM.
    I was at a nightclub though . But I'll post some shortly.

02-11-2015 05:57 PM
    Verizon Don't sell new unlimited plans and Tbh I'm fine with 10gb with my iPad also on my plan. I'm paying through the roof for my 10gb though after taxes and the phone payment I am paying $144 a month

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    02-11-2015 07:00 PM
39 12