Is the Note 4 best smartphone in the market?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I didn't buy my Note 4 and Note Edge for the pen, I really have no use for the pen. I bought them for the other features and especially for the big screen.

I like the S Pen a lot but I only use it sometimes TBH. However, it is part of the reason I currently have a Note 3, Note 4, and Note Edge. I like knowing it's there if/when I want it. I put Evernote on this i6+ just so I could get to my S Notes.

• from the iPhablet 6+ 🍎🐛📱

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
For you it is

Posted via the Android Central App

So true. I know many many people get a Note and never ever use the S Pen and that's fine if that's what works for them. I never use the heart-rate scanner or fingerprint scanner. The Note 4 has so many features that it is unlikely everyone will use them all. It is a true smorgasbord of technology.

🍎 iPhablet 6+ 🐛

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I think so.

It's good enough that any person in need of a powerful phone that can help them develop apps, be productive, and multitask their daily activities will not be disappointed. For most people, the Note 4 is overkill. It's like driving a Corvette when a Cruze would be 10x more logical. With that said, if you're by chance asking from the perspective of wondering whether or not it will fulfill the role of keeping you at pace with the Joneses, yes, it's a top-tier phone.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Oh, the Note Edge compares alright and by some accounts bests it since it is a Note 4+. The iPhone 6+ camera easily compares and in my experience offers slightly preferable results. After that, this Note 3 is not very far behind. These are my phones for 2015 (so far) and they all do well.

from the venerable Note 3π

That's why "I", because that's what "I" think. Your comment is what YOU think.

Sent from my glorious note 4.

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Stylus puts it on top IMHO. S5 is great as is the LG G3. Trust me too, I've traded around and owned most of the top phones. After getting the Note 4, I'm done, happy, game over. Call performance is far better than the Note 3. It hardly ever drops a call, unless I'm just in a really known bad area, and even then, where other phones would break up,this one usually doesn't. The internal speaker is much louder than the 3, the screen is beautiful, and the minor tweaks over the Note 3 can be found all throughout the device. I have had iPhone4, 4s and 5s, LG G3, Galaxy S3,S4,and S5, HTC ONE M8,and no the HTC One Max. Would I trade the Note 4 for any of them? Not a chance!

Bingo.....

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I believe the Note 4 is the best smartphone on the market by itself. This is just my opinion. If I had to just have one device and couldn't have a laptop or tablet to accompany my smartphone, I would definitely go for the Note 4. However, if I have the luxury of having a secondary device, I would choose the iPhone 6 Plus over all with a Nexus 6 as a distant second. This may not make sense, but it's my perception of the question of best overall smartphone on the market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I happen to have a Nexus 6 as well. Which is super fast and fluid. The Nite isn't as fast yet but I think Lollipop will help that. However the N4 and it's abilities including the S pen kill everything else. The Nexus is just a Nice phone. My note is a beast

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Torch4x4

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I got the Note 4 about 3 months ago, moved from Windows Phone and decided this model over iPhone 6+ and over any other android available just because the big screen and other good hardware specifications.
The N4 is full of things that I like and few others that I don't like but I can tell that overall is one of the best smartphones available today.
Coming from WP there are some things that I don't like on android but I really like the nice and unique things that android offers, so yeah! Overall my Note 4 is the best smartphone that I been using.

hector0311

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
For my money it is the best phone out there right now.. the only thing that irks me just a little bit is the size and the location of the speaker.. I bought mine off contract in November.. and my wife had a cow because of the price.. but by Christmas time she was sold.. So I bought her one.. now shes a happy camper.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
For my money it is the best phone out there right now.. the only thing that irks me just a little bit is the size and the location of the speaker.. I bought mine off contract in November.. and my wife had a cow because of the price.. but by Christmas time she was sold.. So I bought her one.. now shes a happy camper.

I have read that there are quite a few people who own the Note 4 who are discontented with the placement of the speaker. I only found it problematic when it laid on a table with the screen side up. So I just got into the habit of turning the phone screen side down.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have read that there are quite a few people who own the Note 4 who are discontented with the placement of the speaker. I only found it problematic when it laid on a table with the screen side up. So I just got into the habit of turning the phone screen side down.

I do the same when listening to music. The sounds are so badly muted with the speaker in it's current location.

NOW that I also have a 6+ iPhone, I prefer to do my music listening to on that because the speaker is on the end of the phone and not the back side.
Not giving up my Note for any reason, I just have different purposes for the phones.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I do the same when listening to music. The sounds are so badly muted with the speaker in it's current location.

NOW that I also have a 6+ iPhone, I prefer to do my music listening to on that because the speaker is on the end of the phone and not the back side.
Not giving up my Note for any reason, I just have different purposes for the phones.

Yeah, I can certainly understand that.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
For those that own the 6 plus and the note 4 how do the cameras compare?

I currently have the 6 plus. I'm thinking of picking up the note 4 too. I'm a long time Samsung user (note 1, S4, note 3, S5) and I've had my 6 plus for 3 months. I love the phone (last iPhone was iPhone 4) but I miss Samsung and android. The camera on my S5 was stunning outdoors. Indoors and in low lighting, results varied but outdoors it was excellent. I find the camera on my 6 plus to be good all round and captures the important moments, but it doesn't compare to my S5 outside. I used to enjoy taking pictures with my S5 and previous Galaxy phones, however I don't seem to have the same passion with my iPhone. I also think that studio software that comes with the S5 ( hopefully note 4) is better than anything that is natively available on the 6 plus. I also enjoy the various camera modes on the Galaxy phones.

Well that was a long rant. Lol

I think I just need to close my eyes and buy the note 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
For those that own the 6 plus and the note 4 how do the cameras compare?

I currently have the 6 plus. I'm thinking of picking up the note 4 too. I'm a long time Samsung user (note 1, S4, note 3, S5) and I've had my 6 plus for 3 months. I love the phone (last iPhone was iPhone 4) but I miss Samsung and android. The camera on my S5 was stunning outdoors. Indoors and in low lighting, results varied but outdoors it was excellent. I find the camera on my 6 plus to be good all round and captures the important moments, but it doesn't compare to my S5 outside. I used to enjoy taking pictures with my S5 and previous Galaxy phones, however I don't seem to have the same passion with my iPhone. I also think that studio software that comes with the S5 ( hopefully note 4) is better than anything that is natively available on the 6 plus. I also enjoy the various camera modes on the Galaxy phones.

Well that was a long rant. Lol

I think I just need to close my eyes and buy the note 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are both very capable devices with sharp, crisp images. I tend to prefer the color of the 6+ photos as they look richer in low light. By that I mean blacks look deeper and light colors look lighter, more pleasant to me. Again though, you're talking about two very capable shooters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf