Is the Note 4 best smartphone in the market?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I see my Note Edge as a kinda "Note Plus" or "Note Elite" or some such nonsense. The Edge feature is a sometimes-useful luxurious addition to a great platform IMO.

G3 📱🍭

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
yea what's different about it other than having the edge?
For me, the combo of my Note 4 and Gear S watch beat out the Edge as I can retrieve and respond more efficiently than the Edge alone. If I didn't have the Gear S, I would say the Edge would be the better phone, for me.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
For me, the combo of my Note 4 and Gear S watch beat out the Edge as I can retrieve and respond more efficiently than the Edge alone. If I didn't have the Gear S, I would say the Edge would be the better phone, for me.

I have a Gear S Watch that I use with either my Notea Edge ie my Note 4. I'm glad I have that choice.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Gear S Watch that I use with either my Notea Edge ie my Note 4. I'm glad I have that choice.

I remember you writing that texts are forwarded to your Gear even when you're not connected via Bluetooth. That has me so close to getting one as that would be really really really useful.

📱iP6+🔋

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I remember you writing that texts are forwarded to your Gear even when you're not connected via Bluetooth. That has me so close to getting one as that would be really really really useful.

??????iP6+??????
That's right. I've had this watch for over a week now and I don't regret buying it. I can leave the phone at Home and still get texts and calls on the Watch from my phones number.

I wonder how they'll do the Apple Watch when it comes to stuff like this.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That's right. I've had this watch for over a week now and I don't regret buying it. I can leave the phone and Home and still get texts and calls the Watch from my phones number.

I wonder how they'll do the Apple Watch when it comes to stuff like this.
Off topic here... NexusGirlX, check your PM's ;)

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Having choices are great indeed. I too had the Edge and Note 4 at the same time, but my Gear S couldn't connect to both of these phones at the same time; I couldn't use it interchangeably without the pain of reset and repair. I ended up returning my Edge. For me, it was an overload of unnecessary choices of retrieving and responding the same info.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Having choices are great indeed. I too had the Edge and Note 4 at the same time, but my Gear S couldn't connect to both of these phones at the same time; I couldn't use it interchangeably without the pain of reset and repair. I ended up returning my Edge. For me, it was an overload of unnecessary choices of retrieving and responding the same info.
Yes of course the watch only works with one phone at a time. Connecting to another phone will reset the watch as a new watch losing settings and collected data in S Health.

I just like having more than one phone just for the fun of it. I might even pick up the S6 when it gets released.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes of course the watch only works with one phone at a time. Connecting to another phone will reset the watch as a new watch losing settings and collected data in S Health.

I just like having more than one phone just for the fun of it. I might even pick up the S6 when it gets released.
You have deep pockets for sure. I too may pick up the S6. The double edge screen, if true, seems intriguing.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I now have 5 phones. ... That's 4 more than needed, but yes it is fun... now. This Note 4 and my Note Edge are my favorites. When I get bored I'm going to set up one phone with Apex, one with Next Launcher, and one with Go Launcher. ... and leave Nova Prime on this one.

🔋from the Note 4✒ 📒

road_kill

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Right now im running the note edge and I like it so far. The edge in itself is useful for one handed use and I do like the fact that I can a. Stuff all my apps onto the edge and keep my screen uncluttered and or put the most important apps at my fingertips, and b. Have all my notifications like texts and calls pop up on the edge instead of right in front of you and c. Got to love that clock on the edge at night. So I cant say that the edge is bad at all, it does help where its needed so I cant complain.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I now have 5 phones. ... That's 4 more than needed, but yes it is fun... now. This Note 4 and my Note Edge are my favorites. When I get bored I'm going to set up one phone with Apex, one with Next Launcher, and one with Go Launcher. ... and leave Nova Prime on this one.

🔋from the Note 4✒ 📒

I don't want your phone 📱 bill lol. I have 6 lines with AT&T for the family and pay to much lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox