I have a Sprint Note 4 which is rooted and yesterday I downloaded [inappropriate app removed by Moderator] and the Modded Google Play Store to replace my stock Google Play Store. So through Titanium, I backed up the stock Google Play Store and then I uninstalled it, since the Modded Google Play Store would not let me install it without doing that. I also cleared the cache and data on Google Play Store and now it just keeps crashing all the time. When I try to download something, it starts to download and then immediately it crashes and gives me the "Unfortunately, Play Store has stopped working" error. I get the error no matter which version of Play Store I use now, whether it is the modded or the official version. I tried clearing data/cache to Google Play Services as well, to no avail. When I try to restore my backup of Google Play Store through Titanium it stays frozen with "Restoring Google Play Store 5.1.11" and I end up having to force stop Titanium. This is so annoying! What can I do? Thanks so much in advance!!!
    02-10-2015 09:46 PM
    You might need to consider reflashing the stock ROM in order to fix everything.
    dpham00 likes this.
    02-10-2015 10:12 PM
    You might need to consider reflashing the stock ROM in order to fix everything.
    I just force closed Play Store and Google services framework and cleared their data and cache. Also, I cleared the data for Google play services and now when I run Play Store it doesn't crash, instead it is says " Check your internet connection and try again" It seems as if it isn't recognizing that I actually do have a connection? I heard that if you go to the files on the phone to "etc/hosts" file and put a "#" in front of the second IP address in the hosts file that it will work but I just tried that and it didn't so I reverted the file back
    02-11-2015 02:19 AM
    Also I tried going to settings>accounts and removing my Google accounts and re adding them but Play store still says I have no connection (which I clearly do). I made sure my date/time settings are right as well. This is happening with the modded play store and the official 5.2.12 Play Store.
    02-11-2015 02:20 AM
    If you go to Settings>apps>menu, you should see an option to reset app preferences. See if that works.
    02-11-2015 09:43 AM