Lollipop is Finally out for the Note 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This is only happy news if it's very fast and very bug free. I hope AT&T takes their time. At least it's not the US version just yet.

from a dark Note 4📡

rjm_robin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Will it rewrite the code completely enough to overwrite any little glitches that are in my present KitKat? A few weird things got copied over from my Note 2, and I'm hoping the Lollipop upgrade will completely overwrite the code, without having to reset. (I just don't want to do that for something small.) Will it do this? Overwrite the old code, and get rid of any little problems?

I am willing to wait. I'd rather wait than do a reset, that's for sure!

Thank you.

rjm

nemopsp

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Good new just hope by the time AT&T releases it's bug free no issues... an hopefully faster an better battery life! Mine gets good battery life at it is don't need to make it worse... even when it released I'm most likely going to wait to see what people say about it...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Will it rewrite the code completely enough to overwrite any little glitches that are in my present KitKat? A few weird things got copied over from my Note 2, and I'm hoping the Lollipop upgrade will completely overwrite the code, without having to reset. (I just don't want to do that for something small.) Will it do this? Overwrite the old code, and get rid of any little problems?

I am willing to wait. I'd rather wait than do a reset, that's for sure!

Thank you.

rjm

Sadly, no update ever just 'rewrites' the code. Though not a requirement, it is always advisable to do a device wipe after an update like this.

rjm_robin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, no update ever just 'rewrites' the code. Though not a requirement, it is always advisable to do a device wipe after an update like this.
It keeps looking like I will have to do that. It's just as painful as transferring to a new device.

Well, alright. Thanks.

rjm

Sent via my most phabulous phablet, the Galaxy Note 4

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
If I want to do a device wipe after the update, how can I back up my current data apps, progress and settings, if I am not rooted?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If I want to do a device wipe after the update, how can I back up my current data apps, progress and settings, if I am not rooted?

There are apps in the Play Store that don't require root to backup your apps and data, etc. Try Helium from ClockworkMod, or Mobile Backup & Restore from AVAST Software. I'm sure there are other, possibly better options, these are just a couple I found.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
There are apps in the Play Store that don't require root to backup your apps and data, etc. Try Helium from ClockworkMod, or Mobile Backup & Restore from AVAST Software. I'm sure there are other, possibly better options, these are just a couple I found.

All-in-one-toolbox, Astro File manager...will backup apps, not necessarily data, if unrooted. But increasingly I'm finding that a lot of the apps are listed as "protected" and the "backup everything" option doesn't work. I have a couple of apps that are no longer supported and I keep their archival apks, but apart that everything will download again from Google Play. So, mostly, I don't bother any more.

What I really want is an app that takes an image (like Ghost on a PC), and lets me restore everything exactly. If there's a way to do that unrooted, it not so clear to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc