03-05-2015 04:13 PM
69 123
tools
    Your signal looks quite bad, You have no green signal at all, Maybe switch to 3g only where you carrier might have better signal. Loss of signal is biggest battery drain!
    I was in a subway and in nyc only a few have service underground and posted this right after

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    02-13-2015 06:39 PM
    T-Mobile has been having issues with their cell service since yesterday. When it turned my phone into a brick over night, with a 100% charge when I went to sleep. They had some serious issues, well so did I my Nexus 5 was now a useless brick. I first noticed the problem on my router my wifi light started going haywire. So I rebooted the router, got a good clear signal "at the time" and called it a night woke up to a brick. So I started trouble shooting. I was astonished to see a totally dead battery when the phone was supposed to be sleeping all night. Anyway After trying just about every trick up my sleeve I finally bit it and did a factory reset. So I've been at it all day now getting my settings and apps to the way I wanted them, got my music back on the phone. T-mobile was the cause of a lot of peoples problems. The CEO apologized on Twitter. I wrote him back and told him a little heads up would have been nice, I would have turned my damn phone off completely. I rather stick bamboo shoots inside my finger nails than do a factory reset. It's not the reset thats hard it the tedious reinstalling of all my apps , adjusting the settings, then there was Googles fubar of inserting 3-5 duplicates of most of my contacts, that I had to figure out.

Just a little edit here: The orginal poster with the battery problem had said they are on Tmobile I don't know why Verizon got into the conversation...But I'm getting my phone back up to 100% then turning the freaking thing off until T-Mobile gets their heads out of their rear ends..I bought my phone unlocked if this goes on for more than a couple of days I will walk into another cell service shop and sign up for their service I'm not putting up with this again...no more resets..lol.
    02-13-2015 08:58 PM
    The OP signature clearly states that his note 4 is on Verizon.
    02-14-2015 12:22 AM
    T-Mobile has been having issues with their cell service since yesterday. When it turned my phone into a brick over night, with a 100% charge when I went to sleep. They had some serious issues, well so did I my Nexus 5 was now a useless brick. I first noticed the problem on my router my wifi light started going haywire. So I rebooted the router, got a good clear signal "at the time" and called it a night woke up to a brick. So I started trouble shooting. I was astonished to see a totally dead battery when the phone was supposed to be sleeping all night. Anyway After trying just about every trick up my sleeve I finally bit it and did a factory reset. So I've been at it all day now getting my settings and apps to the way I wanted them, got my music back on the phone. T-mobile was the cause of a lot of peoples problems. The CEO apologized on Twitter. I wrote him back and told him a little heads up would have been nice, I would have turned my damn phone off completely. I rather stick bamboo shoots inside my finger nails than do a factory reset. It's not the reset thats hard it the tedious reinstalling of all my apps , adjusting the settings, then there was Googles fubar of inserting 3-5 duplicates of most of my contacts, that I had to figure out.

Just a little edit here: The orginal poster with the battery problem had said they are on Tmobile I don't know why Verizon got into the conversation...But I'm getting my phone back up to 100% then turning the freaking thing off until T-Mobile gets their heads out of their rear ends..I bought my phone unlocked if this goes on for more than a couple of days I will walk into another cell service shop and sign up for their service I'm not putting up with this again...no more resets..lol.
    I Had t-mobile ...past tense . I have Verizon present tense ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-14-2015 12:43 AM
    Yes because I want an iPhone ....if I wanted one I would have one but I don't

You got me by this above statement. But my question to the topic is? Why is your wifi on constantly if your phone is asleep? That to me would be a big drain.
    Also, if your on Verizon? Why do you need wifi for? Data cap?
    02-14-2015 02:24 AM
    You got me by this above statement. But my question to the topic is? Why is your wifi on constantly if your phone is asleep? That to me would be a big drain.
    Also, if your on Verizon? Why do you need wifi for? Data cap?
    I don't have wifi on ....idk why it says I do

02-14-2015 08:50 AM

I had wifi on because I never checked that off. It was on by default

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    02-14-2015 11:12 AM
    I have an app I bought a long time ago called Silence Premium. It shuts down your wifi for you among a lot of other helpful things that will conserve a full charge, unplugged overnight, you wake up and only about 3% of battery life was used. Well the problem with my service T-Mobile they must have been pinging my data signal all night, setting and resetting...I really don't know what they did but they caused me major havok.

I really didn't want to do a factory reset & wasn't aware of T-Mobiles problem until after I did one but my phone is running as snappy as the day I bought it the telemetry of the battery came back, and after all the pain staking setups to get my phone back to the way I had it set up was worth it. Now I get my SOT of normal use and a couple of days of standby if I don't over use the phone.

I understand that the more you use the SOT for things the faster you will burn up your charge but sitting in sleep mode, fully charged over night, never should have drained my battery to dead zero where it would even boot up for me. I sent the CEO a tweet that he should have warned us about the problem before our phones turned into bricks...I got no response. All carriers are the same they all have their drawbacks and only consider you a slot machine...
    02-15-2015 01:41 AM
    Closingracer, my apologies I misread your post about your carrier. My bad. If your still having battery problems and it is a new problem did you try a factory reset? If you do... make sure you have your photos and music backed up, if they are on your internal partition. Google backs up your apps you had installed and lists them in the play store for you to install and will back up your contacts but everything else you have to back up yourself. I'm not being condescending I don't know if you are aware of that or not, so I mentioned it. Also I would get another computer or something to let you know the exact steps you need to reset your exact model. Most are pretty much straight forward but some have their differences. Just a thought. Well Hope this helps a little bit, I hope you get your problem solved.
    02-15-2015 01:53 AM
    It is a system design flaw though ......I was averaging 4 hours till about a month ago ....it's the dumb phone and I Know it

Hey buddy, your battery sounds awful to me too...... Did u use other charger? Or did u overcharged it? If u didn't do any of the above mentioned questions, then u should definitely ask for replacement, it must be a detective battery. Or try doing a factory data reset first............ Actually m planning to buy note 4 in few months after my exams are over and after its price falls......
    02-16-2015 03:08 AM
    Hey buddy, your battery sounds awful to me too...... Did u use other charger? Or did u overcharged it? If u didn't do any of the above mentioned questions, then u should definitely ask for replacement, it must be a detective battery. Or try doing a factory data reset first............ Actually m planning to buy note 4 in few months after my exams are over and after its price falls......
    I am using the default charger . For now it seems a factory reset fixed my issue but I have nothing on my phone really atm

02-16-2015 11:25 AM
    I am using the default charger . For now it seems a factory reset fixed my issue but I have nothing on my phone really atm

So what will u do Now? Buy an extended battery to satisfy you?
    02-16-2015 11:27 AM
    So what will u do Now? Buy an extended battery to satisfy you?
    I'll probably buy a 2nd battery

rocky28297 likes this.
    02-16-2015 11:27 AM
    I'll probably buy a 2nd battery

Good luck buddy, hope the other one impress you..........
    02-16-2015 11:29 AM
    If you want a phone that'll last you a week without charging, you're obviously in the wrong place my friend

Sent from my Rooted, Debloated GS3 using Tapatalk 2
    I didn't know there was such a phone! WOW!
    02-24-2015 01:35 PM
    If you want to increas your battery life..you have force stop apps every time because these apps must be running in back ground... and try this
    Setting>developers>background process>no back ground process..
    Change the limit of proceses ....
    02-25-2015 02:00 AM
    If you want to increas your battery life..you have force stop apps every time because these apps must be running in back ground... and try this
    Setting>developers>background process>no back ground process..
    Change the limit of proceses ....
    Instead u can use greenify app.....
    02-25-2015 02:44 AM
    low signal is the culprit. end of discussion.
    03-05-2015 10:07 AM
    Hmm... Almost two days of standby time. Sounds awful, really. I've checked time on on my S3 sometimes, and I've gotten 1:30 screen on time at the end of the day, but that doesn't mean I haven't used the phone for actual calls or texts or music. You might use your phone differently than I, but I would be ecstatic with almost two days of standby time. And I have an extended battery in this geezer. Shrug, hope you get it sorted.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-05-2015 04:13 PM
69 123