Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
721b5392aef0ac619e358378d16801ab.jpg

4e3b53b4ab48782fe3a206b0df2e1617.jpg

12e8316411bf222e935ad39aa1b375be.jpg

8765311199fe9bf180dda8e57bfe3a3f.jpg

Seriously I don't get why it's eating so much battery. Pretty poor battery life considering my note 3 lasted longer

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why people call a battery "terrible" if it doesn't go 2 days or further. It gets me through the day without having worry, and I plug it in at night. Maybe there is something I'm not seeing but all. The posts I see everywhere about this. Come off as just trying to have something else to complain about. It's a good phone, none will ever be perfect.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why people call a battery "terrible" if it doesn't go 2 days or further. It gets me through the day without having worry, and I plug it in at night. Maybe there is something I'm not seeing but all. The posts I see everywhere about this. Come off as just trying to have something else to complain about. It's a good phone, none will ever be perfect.

Lol because it's terrible ? I average 1 hour and 30 minutes of screen time sometimes going to 2 hours when the note 3 I had gotten as high as 4 under the same settings and etc . The battery life is horrible and has been for a while

Just look at how steep it's dropping off .... The battery life is TERRIBLE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I'd say you probably have some settings that could be adjusted.
"Terrible battery life" is not one of the descriptions I would use with a Note 4. It has been consistently demonstrated to be one of the best performing phones on the market from a battery life standpoint.

The on screen times you're claiming are well below what most people are experiencing (including me) who are getting better battery life.

At the same time, a nearly 2 day standby time is pretty solid performance by just about anyone's standard.

Based on the fact you're getting good standby but lower than average on screen, I'd lean towards personal setup more than "this phone has terrible battery life."

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd say you probably have some settings that could be adjusted.
"Terrible battery life" is not one of the descriptions I would use with a Note 4. It has been consistently demonstrated to be one of the best performing phones on the market from a battery life standpoint.

The on screen times you're claiming are well below what most people are experiencing (including me) who are getting better battery life.

At the same time, a nearly 2 day standby time is pretty solid performance by just about anyone's standard.

Based on the fact you're getting good standby but lower than average on screen, I'd lean towards personal setup more than "this phone has terrible battery life."

I average that even when I use my phone...the screen time

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
That's my point. If you are only getting 90 minutes of screen time, you can probably stand to adjust your settings.

I average 4-6 hours of screen time, and I think most users are somewhere in that range as well.

I don't run power saving settings or use battery apps.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That's my point. If you are only getting 90 minutes of screen time, you can probably stand to adjust your settings.

I average 4-6 hours of screen time, and I think most users are somewhere in that range as well.

I don't run power saving settings or use battery apps.

Why should I ? Same settings I've done on all my phones and this is the only one with the issue

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Every phone is different. I have to drive my 4 cylinder car much differently than I do my wife's 8 cylinder Jeep, even though I'm on the same road.

It's your phone, though, do as you please. Just understand the problem you are having is due to user preference, not system design flaw.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Every phone is different. I have to drive my 4 cylinder car much differently than I do my wife's 8 cylinder Jeep, even though I'm on the same road.

It's your phone, though, do as you please. Just understand the problem you are having is due to user preference, not system design flaw.

It is a system design flaw though ......I was averaging 4 hours till about a month ago ....it's the dumb phone and I Know it

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
It is a system design flaw though ......I was averaging 4 hours till about a month ago ....it's the dumb phone and I Know it

Your phone is continuously awake, I will guess google now is draining your battery, try to disable it and location reporting for day and see if that makes any diff.
Also install gsam battery monitor to see which app is using battery.
Note 4 has 1 of the best battery, I continuously get 5/6 screen home time and 1d standby, with GPS and sync and everything on. It is not system flaw I can assure you!

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Why should I ? Same settings I've done on all my phones and this is the only one with the issue

Considering you are in the overwhelming minority and everyone is getting great battery life but you then it may just possibly something going on with your unit or settings, not the Note line.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Considering you are in the overwhelming minority and everyone is getting great battery life but you then it may just possibly something going on worth your unit or settings, not the Note line.

Settings? I've said it isn't my settings ....and these settings are the same with all my android phones and yet it now an issue ? I have location on , 65% brightness and data and always got around 4 hours of screen time on my note 3 for about most of the time till around the end and till December on my note 4 ....it's the phone not me

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Considering you are in the overwhelming minority and everyone is getting great battery life but you then it may just possibly something going on with your unit or settings, not the Note line.

Based on the responses in the rest of this thread, using facts and logic will have no effect. I admire your willingness to keep trying.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Based on the responses in the rest of this thread, using facts and logic will have no effect. I admire your willingness to keep trying.

Logic ? My logic is sound ....my note 3 and note 4 had the same things on like data , location and screen brightness and given the note 4 is newer it should be on par at least . It's Apple to oranges but I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab s 10.5 and it lasted 4 hours with all that on but my iPad Air 2 lasts around 7-9 hours of usage with 65% brightness , location, cellular all on

I also never had this problem with the t-mobile variant I had for a few weeks

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Logic.

It would be one thing if you were saying "hey, used to have great battery life, after update now I don't. I've tried changing everything I can think of, nothing is helping. What do you guys think?"

Instead, what you're saying is "hey, used to have great battery life, after update now I don't. it must be the phone's fault and therefore it's bad."

A couple of us have offered up "it is very possible it isn't the phone, have you considered changing some of your settings?" to which your reply is "it isn't the settings. I haven't changed them and I am not going to. I know it's the dumb phone."

Great. You're convinced you're right, in spite of a lot of anecdotal evidence on this forum that says you're not. No problem, keep that opinion if that's what you want to do. But it goes against the general consensus of the knowledge and first hand experience accumulated in this forum, let alone many other android/Galaxy Note 4 fan sites.

So your opinion does defy logic to some of us. That's all.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Logic.

It would be one thing if you were saying "hey, used to have great battery life, after update now I don't. I've tried changing everything I can think of, nothing is helping. What do you guys think?"

Instead, what you're saying is "hey, used to have great battery life, after update now I don't. it must be the phone's fault and therefore it's bad."

A couple of us have offered up "it is very possible it isn't the phone, have you considered changing some of your settings?" to which your reply is "it isn't the settings. I haven't changed them and I am not going to. I know it's the dumb phone."

Great. You're convinced you're right, in spite of a lot of anecdotal evidence on this forum that says you're not. No problem, keep that opinion if that's what you want to do. But it goes against the general consensus of the knowledge and first hand experience accumulated in this forum, let alone many other android/Galaxy Note 4 fan sites.

So your opinion does defy logic to some of us. That's all.

If I need to change how I use my phone to meet its demands it's the phones fault not mine ...I know how much battery life I should get out of it and if it decreases from previous use I'll just dump it for another phone . The t-mobile variant note 4 and note 3 have the same settings and lasted around 4 hours ....the Verizon one can't now .... Not going to turn crap off so I can have a phone to use sorry .

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

You do understand that this is not all your previous phones, right? You're getting damn near 2 days of battery life and you're complaining? Do you make calls on your phone? Browse? Read emails? Send messages? Just what do you use your phone for? I certainly hope you're not upset that you have to charge your phone every other day. I'm sure there may be a phone available that gets more battery life than the Note 4. If you're not happy with what most Note 4 owners consider to be excellent battery life, do some research and get one of those. Your complaint has no validation, IMHO.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You do understand that this is not all your previous phones, right? You're getting damn near 2 days of battery life and you're complaining? Do you make calls on your phone? Browse? Read emails? Send messages? Just what do you use your phone for? I certainly hope you're not upset that you have to charge your phone every other day. I'm sure there may be a phone available that gets more battery life than the Note 4. If you're not happy with what most Note 4 owners consider to be excellent battery life, do some research and get one of those. Your complaint has no validation, IMHO.

My complaint is valid 100% ....I don't typically get 2 days .....I typically get 15 hours most and seen it drop as low as 6 hours . Screen time is the most important and 1 hour and 40 mins is crap which I do average no matter he standby time . I AVERAGE 1 HOUR AND 40 MINUTES OF SCREEN TIME .....that's just terrible and I'll keep complaining about that crappy battery life

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
My complaint is valid 100% ....I don't typically get 2 days .....I typically get 15 hours most and seen it drop as low as 6 hours . Screen time is the most important and 1 hour and 40 mins is crap which I do average no matter he standby time . I AVERAGE 1 HOUR AND 40 MINUTES OF SCREEN TIME .....that's just terrible and I'll keep complaining about that crappy battery life

I'm bowing out of this thread after this, it's pointless...

You are getting the screen time performance because you refuse to sit down and look at your settings. Many other VZ users are reporting 4-6 hour screen times. You used to have them, too, until an update changed one of your settings. Now you refuse to find out what.

Complain all you want, but it isn't the phone. At this point, it is clear that it is all user error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae