Battery life terrible after reset

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not talking about standby time at all ....screen time is the most important stat there and it's averages 1 hour and 30 minutes all the time ....I just forgot to charge the phone 2 night ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
With those above batteries you'll get 10+ hours screen on time, plus 3+ days standby time. I know people with both of those batteries in note 4. Hopefully you get it figured out. Good luck...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
With those above batteries you'll get 10+ hours screen on time, plus 3+ days standby time. I know people with both of those batteries in note 4. Hopefully you get it figured out. Good luck...

I am doubtful that's will even work with the Verizon variant anyways since the mics are in different places then every other variant ..why Verizon lol

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I am doubtful that's will even work with the Verizon variant anyways since the mics are in different places then every other variant ..why Verizon lol

Don't know!
My daughter has Verizon. So I have no clue to your question. Sorry
Don't see why those batteries wouldn't work, when they're universal. Might want to contact them and ask if it will work on your device ok.
Have a good one.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't know!
My daughter has Verizon. So I have no clue to your question. Sorry
Don't see why those batteries wouldn't work, when they're universal. Might want to contact them and ask if it will work on your device ok.
Have a good one.

The case will fit but they probably will block the mics like most cases are doing

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
The case will fit but they probably will block the mics like most cases are doing

Just double check with the manufacture see what they tell you.
I agree with sbhatia1981, something is frequently waking the phone causing increased battery drain. In your battery graph screenshot the awake times should match up most of the time to the screen on times (ex. see my posts in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/477521-note-4-standby-amazing.html). Otherwise, until you find the cause of those frequent wake locks your battery life is not going to improve. :(
Yeah y'all are probably right it is waking up a lot.
Wouldn't doubt if it was facecrook or some social app constantly waking up the phone. 👎
I'd recommend they install BBS app.
Found here>> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.asksven.betterbatterystats&token=eR38iUxV

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Lol because I know it's the phone and not me yet people want to say it's my fault ? I've been using the same launcher for months and same settings yet recently it's an issue ...this is my 2nd note 4 after having a t-mobile variant and that had no issues under same conditions and settings

Ok. Have you tried a factory reset?

Coconut8469

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes it does have one of the best batteries in terms of size. Dare I say the BlackBerry Passport has a similar size battery and lasts way longer then my Note 4. I credit their OS, it's not bloated and overloaded like my 4(ie: TouchWiz and Android and Samsung software running from factory). Hence it lasts at leat 18hrs longer based on my use. And I'm a heavy user on both.

Posted via the Android Central App

Max Nix

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Lol I'm open to advice but not ones who are blaming me since I know it's not me ....this is actually technically my 3rd note 4 and this is the first with an issue . Had 2 on t-mobile but one I sent back as a defect because screen wouldn't respond at times and the second I returned because I wanted to be done with t-mobile . Just did a 3rd reset and I'll see how well that goes

Let's be productive here. if you tried everything else swap out the battery. I just looked on ebay and saw a bunch of OEM batteries for under $20. I'd recommend sticking with the OEM to ensure you're comparing oranges to oranges. If I was in your exact predicament, I'd go to a Verizon CORPORATE Store and wouldn't leave until they gave me a new one. Good luck! Let us know if it works.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
After a factory reset and installing Tapatalk, groupme and messenger (google) this is my issue still

e451e9ab5200230f57fa678075fba027.jpg

It's seems to love to stay awake most of the time..

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Your signal looks quite bad, You have no green signal at all, Maybe switch to 3g only where you carrier might have better signal. Loss of signal is biggest battery drain!
I was in a subway and in nyc only a few have service underground and posted this right after

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

John B6

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
T-Mobile has been having issues with their cell service since yesterday. When it turned my phone into a brick over night, with a 100% charge when I went to sleep. They had some serious issues, well so did I my Nexus 5 was now a useless brick. I first noticed the problem on my router my wifi light started going haywire. So I rebooted the router, got a good clear signal "at the time" and called it a night woke up to a brick. So I started trouble shooting. I was astonished to see a totally dead battery when the phone was supposed to be sleeping all night. Anyway After trying just about every trick up my sleeve I finally bit it and did a factory reset. So I've been at it all day now getting my settings and apps to the way I wanted them, got my music back on the phone. T-mobile was the cause of a lot of peoples problems. The CEO apologized on Twitter. I wrote him back and told him a little heads up would have been nice, I would have turned my damn phone off completely. I rather stick bamboo shoots inside my finger nails than do a factory reset. It's not the reset thats hard it the tedious reinstalling of all my apps , adjusting the settings, then there was Googles fubar of inserting 3-5 duplicates of most of my contacts, that I had to figure out.

Just a little edit here: The orginal poster with the battery problem had said they are on Tmobile I don't know why Verizon got into the conversation...But I'm getting my phone back up to 100% then turning the freaking thing off until T-Mobile gets their heads out of their rear ends..I bought my phone unlocked if this goes on for more than a couple of days I will walk into another cell service shop and sign up for their service I'm not putting up with this again...no more resets..lol.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile has been having issues with their cell service since yesterday. When it turned my phone into a brick over night, with a 100% charge when I went to sleep. They had some serious issues, well so did I my Nexus 5 was now a useless brick. I first noticed the problem on my router my wifi light started going haywire. So I rebooted the router, got a good clear signal "at the time" and called it a night woke up to a brick. So I started trouble shooting. I was astonished to see a totally dead battery when the phone was supposed to be sleeping all night. Anyway After trying just about every trick up my sleeve I finally bit it and did a factory reset. So I've been at it all day now getting my settings and apps to the way I wanted them, got my music back on the phone. T-mobile was the cause of a lot of peoples problems. The CEO apologized on Twitter. I wrote him back and told him a little heads up would have been nice, I would have turned my damn phone off completely. I rather stick bamboo shoots inside my finger nails than do a factory reset. It's not the reset thats hard it the tedious reinstalling of all my apps , adjusting the settings, then there was Googles fubar of inserting 3-5 duplicates of most of my contacts, that I had to figure out.

Just a little edit here: The orginal poster with the battery problem had said they are on Tmobile I don't know why Verizon got into the conversation...But I'm getting my phone back up to 100% then turning the freaking thing off until T-Mobile gets their heads out of their rear ends..I bought my phone unlocked if this goes on for more than a couple of days I will walk into another cell service shop and sign up for their service I'm not putting up with this again...no more resets..lol.

I Had t-mobile ...past tense . I have Verizon present tense ...

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes because I want an iPhone ....if I wanted one I would have one but I don't

You got me by this above statement. But my question to the topic is? Why is your wifi on constantly if your phone is asleep? That to me would be a big drain.
Also, if your on Verizon? Why do you need wifi for? Data cap?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You got me by this above statement. But my question to the topic is? Why is your wifi on constantly if your phone is asleep? That to me would be a big drain.
Also, if your on Verizon? Why do you need wifi for? Data cap?

I don't have wifi on ....idk why it says I do

John B6

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I have an app I bought a long time ago called Silence Premium. It shuts down your wifi for you among a lot of other helpful things that will conserve a full charge, unplugged overnight, you wake up and only about 3% of battery life was used. Well the problem with my service T-Mobile they must have been pinging my data signal all night, setting and resetting...I really don't know what they did but they caused me major havok.

I really didn't want to do a factory reset & wasn't aware of T-Mobiles problem until after I did one but my phone is running as snappy as the day I bought it the telemetry of the battery came back, and after all the pain staking setups to get my phone back to the way I had it set up was worth it. Now I get my SOT of normal use and a couple of days of standby if I don't over use the phone.

I understand that the more you use the SOT for things the faster you will burn up your charge but sitting in sleep mode, fully charged over night, never should have drained my battery to dead zero where it would even boot up for me. I sent the CEO a tweet that he should have warned us about the problem before our phones turned into bricks...I got no response. All carriers are the same they all have their drawbacks and only consider you a slot machine...

John B6

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Closingracer, my apologies I misread your post about your carrier. My bad. If your still having battery problems and it is a new problem did you try a factory reset? If you do... make sure you have your photos and music backed up, if they are on your internal partition. Google backs up your apps you had installed and lists them in the play store for you to install and will back up your contacts but everything else you have to back up yourself. I'm not being condescending I don't know if you are aware of that or not, so I mentioned it. Also I would get another computer or something to let you know the exact steps you need to reset your exact model. Most are pretty much straight forward but some have their differences. Just a thought. Well Hope this helps a little bit, I hope you get your problem solved.

rocky28297

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
It is a system design flaw though ......I was averaging 4 hours till about a month ago ....it's the dumb phone and I Know it

Hey buddy, your battery sounds awful to me too...... Did u use other charger? Or did u overcharged it? If u didn't do any of the above mentioned questions, then u should definitely ask for replacement, it must be a detective battery. Or try doing a factory data reset first............ Actually m planning to buy note 4 in few months after my exams are over and after its price falls......