I've had Google play all access Since it first came out, and I love it. The problem, is that over the past few weeks on the Note 4, on verizon 4G, songs will often times just not play. It'll sit there and spin, and then come back and say that the selected track cannot be played. I narrowed it down to happening only on 4G. I've got a good signal, and everything else works just fine. Tested it at home, and had the same issue, and when I turned back on wifi, bam.... The song played instantly.

Any ideas? It's driving me nuts, because I listen to music a lot in the car and when I'm out and about

Posted via Android Central App
    02-12-2015 10:18 AM
    I've had Google play all access Since it first came out, and I love it. The problem, is that over the past few weeks on the Note 4, on verizon 4G, songs will often times just not play. It'll sit there and spin, and then come back and say that the selected track cannot be played. I narrowed it down to happening only on 4G. I've got a good signal, and everything else works just fine. Tested it at home, and had the same issue, and when I turned back on wifi, bam.... The song played instantly.

Any ideas? It's driving me nuts, because I listen to music a lot in the car and when I'm out and about

Posted via Android Central App
    Download the music so you can use it without being online.

Sent from my beautiful white NOTE 4!!
    02-12-2015 12:55 PM

Pretty much THIS. You can go into Play Music's settings and try adjusting Mobile Networks Stream Quality to see if it helps but you'll get lower fidelity when streaming on LTE than you would on WiFI. Also, be forewarned that if "Cache During Playback" is checked and you stream a song while on mobile data the cached copy of that song will be saved at a quality based upon your "Mobile Networks Stream Quality" setting. So . . if to save on pauses/skips you drop mobile stream quality to low be aware of the cache setting and how that will impact playback later.

Other than that the only other option is to plan ahead and use playlists that you pin to your device. Its a PITA but it is what it is. I experience occasional pauses in playback on AT&T too and if I'm in an area that I have a hard time getting good signal I'll switch over to a playlist that's stored on my device. I keep a few just in case . . they're based on "radio" playlists and they'll get me through an hour or so of play time since they're not hundreds of songs long once pinned. Hard to explain this part but those who have all access and use "Radio" playlists can play around with pinning to understand what I mean; essentially if you pin a radio playlist you'll only store what is visible on the list and not anything more . .
    02-12-2015 05:43 PM
    Try turning off (or on) caching.
    I have caching off and it works fine
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    02-12-2015 07:31 PM

Yeah, not really a solution. If I couldn't take advantage of the radio stations, or create a custom radio station based off a song or artist, I wouldn't even bother to have this service

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-12-2015 08:58 PM
    Try turning off (or on) caching.
    I have caching off and it works fine
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    This sounds promising. In fact, earlier today before I saw your post, I cleared the cache, and I haven't had any problems Since. If it doesn't last, I'll try your idea. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-12-2015 09:00 PM
    I am like dpham -- I keep caching off and it works over T-Mobile LTE.
    02-13-2015 12:23 PM