Verizon Note 4 Unlock

ExtctnLvlEvnt

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine works on LTE I am in Portland / Vancouver area, have had no issues at all, yes I have the Verizon Note 4, and swap Sims alot, and my tmobile sim works perfectly, just have to change the apn to the tmobile settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine works on LTE I am in Portland / Vancouver area, have had no issues at all, yes I have the Verizon Note 4, and swap Sims alot, and my tmobile sim works perfectly, just have to change the apn to the tmobile settings.

Wait I am confused!

u bought a verizon Note 4 and using it on T-mobile?
How do you change apn settings in your phone?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wait I am confused!

u bought a verizon Note 4 and using it on T-mobile?
How do you change apn settings in your phone?

The SIM card should update it once you pop it in. My iPhone 6 + is a Verizon iPhone (technically) -- I just popped in a T-Mobile SIM and it connected right up.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
oh ok gotcha...you still get the LTE with T-mobile on your verizon iphone?

Yeah. iPhones are pretty much all the same. The only difference is the GSM versions only have GSM radios .. the CDMA one (such as Verizon) has all the same GSM radios .. just has CDMA for Verizon.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. iPhones are pretty much all the same. The only difference is the GSM versions only have GSM radios .. the CDMA one (such as Verizon) has all the same GSM radios .. just has CDMA for Verizon.

No..... There's 2 models for the iPhone 6 or 6 plus. One model is for AT&T , Verizon or t-mobile and other regional carriers and then a whole different one just for sprint . T-Mobile and AT&T lock there's down but they are the same model number along with Verizon's .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
No..... There's 2 models for the iPhone 6 or 6 plus. One model is for AT&T , Verizon or t-mobile and other regional carriers and then a whole different one just for sprint . T-Mobile and AT&T lock there's down but they are the same model number along with Verizon's .

This....I was told Sprint's iphone is different from others!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I was mainly just talking the radios inside is all. That is why I said "pretty much all the same" ;). I purposely bought the Verizon one because it was available and I knew it was unlocked --- Edit: And I knew it would support T-Mobile.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

It isn't just for Sprint... The sprint version contains all the frequencies of the Verizon/att/tmobile version plus time division duplex support.

In fact, the sim free version is the sprint version, but unlocked.

Sim free is the best because all us carriers will work and can be activated on all carriers. The sprint 6 can't be activated on Verizon, even if unlocked. It will work by aim swap though

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

Could you post what your apn settings are?

bosjoe

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Do a search on T-mobile APN. I had the verizon note 4 and it worked fine on LTE from t-mobile. on the apn use fast.tmobile.com for lte

James W Anderson

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I have read everyone of the posts regarding the Verizon Samsung Note 4 here.
Verizon is killing me with the billing and I even got a Corporate Discount of 25%.
Hell it is more than a Car payment. So from what I read about this phone being unlocked
then if I put in a Sim card from Straight Talk it should work the same since Straight talk
works off of both GSM & the CDMA networks. I looked into T-Mobile but even though it
showed that I was in a 4G LTE area on their corporate address overlook I could not even
get a single bar. No Signal here. They said that technically I could use the Phone for talk & text
but that the phone was locked to Verizon for data use.
So once and for all could you know if they were just talking out their backsides or what?
Will I be able to use the Phone for data here. My home computer is linked up with Sprint WIFI.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a Verizon Note 4 and left Verizon for good after some hassles with that company and cost me a lot of money. I brought it to both AT&T and T-Mobile. T-Mobile which is suppose to be fast in the area, I couldn't even get 2mbps download speeds in the Store! I didn't even leave the store, just cancelled right then and there. That's ridiculously slow.

Then I brought to AT&T for a few weeks, I actually had a Verizon Note 2 on AT&T where everything worked fine I got very fast speeds, but ended up breaking my Note 2 screen, so just went to ATT and bought a Note 3 from them. When Note 4 came out, It was too expensive at AT&T, so went back to Verizon and got the Note 4. After leaving Verizon though, I had problems with the Note 4 never holding a consistent signal (h,hspa+, LTE), I could do everything except mobile hotspot, so it was using too much battery not holding a strong Signal. AT&T said they could not guarantee good service because of it Being a Verizon Note 4. So I just traded it in at Best Buy and paid for the AT&T Note 4 which I have now. So I read of people having no problems, but I had problems with the Verizon N4 on other carriers. I think it's better to go with the carrier specific Note of your choice with your Carrier. Just my experience with Trying.

It amazes me though how my Note 2, which was an earlier phone, worked better than the note 4 which I would think with Technology would be more adaptable between carriers. There's always a trade off somewhere when you try on another carrier. I didn't like losing the Hotspot, because I have tablets that are wi fi only. The speeds on AT&T were not that great either with my Verizon Note 4, but they weren't great on Verizon either, which was a great disappointment. The other day on AT&T I was getting 53mbps download and over 8mbps upload on 4g. I never saw above 28mps download and maybe about the same on upload on Verizon with my Note 4. I'm liking AT&T much better as far as that's concerned!

BigPhones

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
You do not have to pay off the phone before it can be unlocked. All Verizon phones are unlocked. However, I would test to make sure if you are using it with T-Mobile or AT&T, after setting the APN's, that it gets 4G LTE Coverage. I know that the iPhone 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S and 6S Plus are compeltely unlocked and will work with any carrier other than Sprint. So, consider that verification of what the guy said, who mentioned that above. That is real. I plugged my T-Mobile and AT&T sims into the units and make calls, got 4GLTE and text messaged, just like I do with my AT&T and T-Mobile iPhones. Yes, SERIOUS. I sell about 300 of these items online every day, so I better have my ____ right.

Regards,
BigPhones

loosygoosy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am using my Note 4 unlocked Verizon phone with T-Mobile.

How do you date the software? I just keep getting an error message "software update not available, try again later".
Been getting this for three days. What software is updated-the Verizon or T-Mobile?

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
i tried inserting an active sim and it didnt work
You may have to manually enter the apn.
I have used a verizon Note 3 on both at&t and t-mobile, getting LTE on both networks. Granted, both carriers use band 4 in my area , so that might be your problem.