Lock Screen Notifications

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Good day everyone. I've had my Note for about a month now and am absolutely loving it. Currently I am utilizing the native lock screen w/ fingerprint scanning security.

When I put my phone down this AM and came back to it, I saw I had a Facebook notification on the lock screen for a friend's birthday. I have never gotten these before and to the best of my knowledge, never set them up. It even had a 3 circle "settings" key which it notified me of and when I clicked on it, it said "Light up screen for notifications" or something like that. Well, I've been getting notifications all day but the screen hasn't lit up.

I'm pretty tech savvy and have looked through everything and cannot find a setting for that.

There's quite a bit to sift through so I could have easily overlooked it. Quick Google browsing has yielded nothing either so I figured I might as well ask the forum b/c I'm sure at some point, someone else will be wondering the same thing b/c I don't think I'm that special where I'm the only one this will happen to.

I'm quite the fan of it (I miss active display on my Moto X :( ) so I would love to have something that could at least attempt to replace it.

Thanks!!

Kari Dalton

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I just started getting these yesterday as well. My guess is it was a FB update. I need to figure out how to disable them, because no one needs to pick up my phone and read my notifications!

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I just started getting these yesterday as well. My guess is it was a FB update. I need to figure out how to disable them, because no one needs to pick up my phone and read my notifications!

I have came to realize I believe it is FB and only FB. I've got many other notifications since then but FB is the only one that activates this feature. I'm sure it's easy to turn off.

Sorry for the false alarm, people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital