Audio/Video Sync Note 4 video in Premiere Pro

bobca2

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I had been challenged with video taken on my Note 4 and imported to Adobe Premiere Pro. The audio & video were in sync on the phone, and when viewed on Win7 video players. When I imported it to Premiere Pro for editing, sync was lost after about 3 minutes into an 8 minute MP4 file. I struggled with Premiere Pro and Adobe help, and chased this issue in several forums and training sites. I found that the issue has to do with variable frame rates, differing rates for audio/video, and several other potential issues based on how the video capture for the device is implemented. Premiere Pro assumes your audio & video are in sync, if captured on the same device at the same time. Sadly, that is rarely the case with most digital video capture.

I read from several sources about using Handbrake to convert/re-encode the captured video. This was said to to correct the sync problems. I could not find out what settings to use for this, so trial/error/experimentation were required. I got things wrong quite a few times before sorting out the process and settings that work for me and my Note 4 video.

Here is my process, if any of you need it.........

- download Handbrake and install it. Handbrake is an open source video encoder.

- Open Handbrake, and click on the Source button to link your captured video.

- Browse/key in your destination directory and file name for the corrected video file.

- Below are my settings for output encoding.........

--- Anamorphic - none
--- Keep Aspect Ratio
--- Framerate - 30 fps, unless Smooth Motions used on Note 4, then use 60 fps
--- Constant Framerate

Everything else default. Using that, my audio & video imported to Premiere Pro are continually in sync,

Rawfires

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Oh my gosh!!! I am so excited to try this. I was using window movie maker and it worked great until I upgraded to windows 10. not supported on windows 10. Guess what it doesn't work anymore. Thanks for the help...fingers crossed it will work for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma