Calling all phone junkies!

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I need help. Right now I have the lg g3 and I'm wanting the note 4. I'm trying to hold on till the lg g4 comes out but this n4 is tugging at me lol! All the one's that have ditched the lg g3 for the n4, will I be disappointed? Or will the n4 make me forget all about that phone?

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 as soon as possible. You will feel much better. Well then there is the Gear S and then the Gear VR, you will never get more connected than that anywhere.

Bordcla

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I made that exact switch and certainly haven't regretted. The N4 is smoother in operation for me, more fully-featured and enjoys significantly better battery life. I also find it easier to use and navigate. On the negative, it is pricey, heavier and slightly bigger, though the utility of the pen and multi-window features more than compensate.

nemopsp

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Personally I think the note 4 will make you forget all about LG... I've looked into LG phones but what made me not get LG G3 is seems like carriers was trying to give it away free under contract...
I started looking into reviews an people r saying that battery life is horrible an the phone overheats...

I bought Note 4 cause as of all Samsung Flagship phone they seem to hold up, I came from iPhone, an from my experience with my Note 4 after having it 3 weeks is amazing, The build quality is very nice Samsung really got that classy look and premium feel. It don't feel like a cheap phone like pervious Samsung phone that have all plastic. As for the screen I think the Note 4 by far is best screen on the market as of today but might change after 2015 flagship phones come out, battery life I can say is great. I've been getting about 17 hours with 6 an half hours on screen time per charge, an fast charge is a very nice feature! 0%-50% in under 30min.

Phones are honestly personal preference, depends what your going to use the phone on a daily basis. So do some research an see if it the phone for you?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have not had any experience with the newer LG phones, so my opinion may sound very bias and not helpful to you, but.....I rely on my phone heavily for business as well as personal and have been a huge fan of the Note line starting with the Note 2. I actually skipped the N3, because I was still so happy with my N2.....I went to Note 4 a few months ago and it 'IS' by far the Best phone I have ever owned.

I love and use the S pen for everything! Battery life is Awesome and the Screen is Gorgeous! As mentioned above, it just depends on how you use your phone and whats important to you. Good luck!

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I have not had any experience with the newer LG phones, so my opinion may sound very bias and not helpful to you, but.....I rely on my phone heavily for business as well as personal and have been a huge fan of the Note line starting with the Note 2. I actually skipped the N3, because I was still so happy with my N2.....I went to Note 4 a few months ago and it 'IS' by far the Best phone I have ever owned.

I love and use the S pen for everything! Battery life is Awesome and the Screen is Gorgeous! As mentioned above, it just depends on how you use your phone and whats important to you. Good luck!
Yea I've had both the note2 and the note3. I got the lg g3 I guess jus to see what the hype was about. And don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with it, its jus something about samsung that always drags you right back to it. I walked in the verizon store the other day and its like the phone was sitting on the table glowing! Lol

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I made that exact switch and certainly haven't regretted. The N4 is smoother in operation for me, more fully-featured and enjoys significantly better battery life. I also find it easier to use and navigate. On the negative, it is pricey, heavier and slightly bigger, though the utility of the pen and multi-window features more than compensate.

Boy, if the Note 4 is smoother than the LG G3, the G3 must be a real piece of cr*p. Note 4 is a very nice phone, beauttiful screen and very good battery, but smooth its not. At least mine never has been.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Yea I've had both the note2 and the note3. I got the lg g3 I guess jus to see what the hype was about. And don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with it, its jus something about samsung that always drags you right back to it. I walked in the verizon store the other day and its like the phone was sitting on the table glowing! Lol

This is me exactly! I went from the galaxy s5 to the G3 to see if I liked it and I did, alot. But there's something able Samsung that feels so comfy. I like touch wiz, I like the way Samsung's UI is put together and it all just makes sense although I do like nova Prime too.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Boy, if the Note 4 is smoother than the LG G3, the G3 must be a real piece of cr*p. Note 4 is a very nice phone, beauttiful screen and very good battery, but smooth its not. At least mine never has been.

The note 4 is super laggy for me too. The multi task takes almost 2 seconds, and opening apps is laggy as well. It is a laggy ui. Once something is open it is fast, but touchwiz is annoyingly laggy.

That said, I still love it, but if I didn't need the s pen, I'd own a droid turbo. But I'd also be very tempted by the G4

Posted via the Android Central App

nemopsp

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
From my experience yea TouchWiz isn't the best. It has its jink here an there, and like the recent app is abit slow but I'll say TouchWiz on the Note 4 is the best TouchWiz has ever been compared to previous Galaxy S series & Note series.

Samsung is claiming it's gunna b even better on Galaxy S6, Lollipop suppose to change TouchWiz, Samsung is talking about removing all its Bloatware, if you want the app back you download from the Galaxy App Store or Google Play Store. I have a feeling that this will be a big change on TouchWiz and performance boot.

But only the future will tell, but I really don't like there idea of this "edge screen" sounds to me it's a gimmick, also think it will b easier to break the screen. But everybody has their own opinions.

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
From my experience yea TouchWiz isn't the best. It has its jink here an there, and like the recent app is abit slow but I'll say TouchWiz on the Note 4 is the best TouchWiz has ever been compared to previous Galaxy S series & Note series.

Samsung is claiming it's gunna b even better on Galaxy S6, Lollipop suppose to change TouchWiz, Samsung is talking about removing all its Bloatware, if you want the app back you download from the Galaxy App Store or Google Play Store. I have a feeling that this will be a big change on TouchWiz and performance boot.

But only the future will tell, but I really don't like there idea of this "edge screen" sounds to me it's a gimmick, also think it will b easier to break the screen. But everybody has their own opinions.
Yea I read that too about lollipop changing touchwiz and removing apps on the galaxy 6. Wonder if that's gonna be part of the 5.0 for n4?

nemopsp

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Yea I read that too about lollipop changing touchwiz and removing apps on the galaxy 6. Wonder if that's gonna be part of the 5.0 for n4?
I don't think it will at first, because on Galaxy S5 you don't see the change yet with 5.0.1 lollipop but don't mean that it won't change in future updates after the Galaxy S6 comes out

Some Note 4 variants already have 5.0.1 but they r International models of the phone which they don't have the change

Again might b the next update after 5.0.1 or is Samsung gunna keep this exclusive feature for newer devices?

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it will at first, because on Galaxy S5 you don't see the change yet with 5.0.1 lollipop but don't mean that it won't change in future updates after the Galaxy S6 comes out

Some Note 4 variants already have 5.0.1 but they r International models of the phone which they don't have the change

Again might b the next update after 5.0.1 or is Samsung gunna keep this exclusive feature for newer devices?
N4 is as new as you can get though lol. Be nice if it got it.

nemopsp

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
N4 is as new as you can get though lol. Be nice if it got it.
Yes it's new as of now but it won't b in month in half, but like I said the update after 5.0.1 for all device could change, I'm not very sure what Samsung has to offer later during the year... honestly I'm look forward for a root... I'd like to see a root for Note 4 on AT&T and Verizon :) I hope it happens in the next 6 months.
You guys are really helpful thank you! Keep those comments coming. Any thoughts on the lg g4?
As of the LG G4 the specs look nice but it's hard to say tell the phone is announced. Do you really want to wait awhile to upgrade phones?

I'm sure it's going to have the Snapdragon 810 chip but at this point I'm not so sure about the chip been reading about of the overheating problems with the chip... but depends if you want to keep LG or Samsung? They both have different software, personally only other android device I'd look into is the Nexus just don't like it don't have a removable battery. For me that is a deal breaker I switched from an iPhone to get removable battery and expandable storage. But since we r talking about LG, I do like the LG G Flex2, but also do you like having the buttons on the back of the phone? I personally don't like the idea but I hear it's comfy and easy to get use to tho I've never owned a phone with buttons on the back

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Wat exactly is your phone doing?

Pretty much the same as the others mentioned. Recent apps lags pretty badly, the camera probably has the most lag. Just not a real fluid operation so far. I have had it for 2 1/2 months, cleared cache and even did a factory rest and it still stutters. Other than that, its a really nice phone. Probably a little bigger than it needs to be though and it didnt take long for the novelty of the sPen to wear off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki